PayPal asking for Supplier Invoices - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-29-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Exclamation PayPal asking for Supplier Invoices

Hi,
I started my business on ebay/paypal earlier this year.
I started selling from my PayPal account (registered under my real name/address) and now last month my wife started selling from her new paypal account in early Sept.
Yesterday my wife's PayPal was limited, they sent an email asking for
photo ID, SSN,
3.) A written statement detailing your refund policy.
4.) Supplier Invoices/Receipts for items you are selling

How would she provide Supplier Invoices? because whatever we sell is first bought from eBay using MY PayPal. Would I have to show them my PayPal history? and would that get both our PayPal accounts linked?
Also I bought some stuff off Amazon and resold that, so how does PayPal verify authenticity of Amazon purchases?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: PayPal asking for Supplier Invoices

Paypal wouldn't like that u r selling items from amazon it's their direct competition and I don't think showing items purchased from other ebay accounts is what they are looking for , they want to see suppliers

You must of tripped up security on Paypal
Old 09-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

People have shown that Amazon invoices actually do work. Stick with that (as an example).

Do not show documentation that would link the PPs of you and your wife's....although I suspect that if you are using same address and IP...they are likely already linked.

All the best.
Old 10-03-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

So you are dropshipping and using Amazon as your dropshipper?

This is why when many call they ask do you have this item in your possession?

Some have done well with doing this but you really need a very aged account and a very good business plan to pull it off.
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alreeve1 View Post
I started selling from my PayPal account (registered under my real name/address) and now last month my wife started selling from her new paypal account in early Sept.
The other thing - and it's important to note alreeve1 - if the accounts are linked...even after providing info PP might deny the reinstatement....it's a rough call.

I wouldnt give them personal info.

As for invoices, if you dont want to give them Amazon invoices...you need to be creative and professional.
Old 10-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

I provided my wife's SSN and photo ID and they temporarily lifted the limitations after I spoke directly with them over the phone explaining that I buy and resell on ebay using paypal. The customer rep. said I didn't need to verify this with documents because I am calling in to verify over the phone, but yesterday they limited the account again asking to provide all the same information again!
What should I do? Provide a screencap of PayPal payments sent as a list or should I print individual transaction detailed from PayPal.
Should I add in the Amazon purchases as well? Although I didn't mention it over the phone.
Old 10-06-2013

Longevity: 65%

Just call them again and again until they lift the limits. If you call them and talk to them on the phone they have no choice but to lift the limits unless they see something really fishy about your accounts. Other than that, sounds like a tricky business you are in.
Old 10-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthninja View Post
Just call them again and again until they lift the limits. If you call them and talk to them on the phone they have no choice but to lift the limits unless they see something really fishy about your accounts. Other than that, sounds like a tricky business you are in.
Pestering is not professional on your part and may not lead to desired result
Old 10-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Sounds just as tricky calling in again & again & again.

If they do not want to sort the limits no amount of calling in will make them.

Increases risk of permanent limitation..
Old 10-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
They do have a choice....and its usually no.
There are plenty of us that do nothing at all that is fishy, yet we get the can.
Old 10-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
They do have a choice....and its usually no.
There are plenty of us that do nothing at all that is fishy, yet we get the can.
Is true.

A can of fish

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (10-07-2013)
Old 10-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The accounts are already linked if you are using the same IP address (same internet connection) the same address and last name.

Having the limitation lifted all depends on how much risk your sales pose to eBay/PayPal. One thing that eBay won't like is customers ordering from you and a box showing up with the Amazon logo all over it. Another problem would be if you are selling popular brand name or designer items - like ladies' Coach handbags. PayPal might think that you could end up - albeit unintentionally - selling counterfeits.

Something on the account triggered the request. It is difficult to know for sure what that is. It could have been a customer email to them saying something like "I bought this one item on eBay but it came from Amazon, I thought you should know". Sometimes customers complain directly to eBay/PayPal without contacting you first.

Please understand, I don't think you are doing anything wrong here. Buying from one place and selling higher in another place is the American way. Companies buy tons of stuff cheap from China and elsewhere and re-sell here for big profits. But eBay and PayPal don't always see it that way.
Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alreeve1 View Post
I provided my wife's SSN and photo ID and they temporarily lifted the limitations after I spoke directly with them over the phone explaining that I buy and resell on ebay using paypal.
Sigh - they have that vital info on your wife too...if your appeal doesn't get through, you can't use that info again...hope you will not owe money ever to PP as well
Old 11-02-2017

Longevity: 49%

Hi i have a same problem. I need to send paypal invoices or receipts and business information. I buy some branded and unbranded clothing from EU especially Ukraine and czechia and i alway pay with western union. Is It all right to send paypal invoices from western union? And what about providing them bussines information as i dont have any. I am not bussines woman its just my hobby and want to make some money thats normal thing right ? ... but how should i tell them that its just my hobby ... i dont wanna loose my money i always send buyers tracking number so they always receive It. I live in uk and buy clothing in EU ... what should i do thank you x
Old 11-03-2017

Longevity: 53%

I just had my account limited, reinstated, then turned right around and limited it again and this time permanently. Best of luck ....they may be giving you the permanent ban hammer.