Using Simon cards...to buy more Simon cards! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 05-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Using Simon cards...to buy more Simon cards!

If this works, it will be very useful for those of you who constantly gets suspended or have multiple ebay accounts.

Ok, we all know about simon's prepaid card, how they require a minimum of $20 for a card. Can't we buy one card say for $24 prepaid, then use that card to buy a $23 prepaid (leaving the first card with only $1), and use the second to buy a $22 prepaid... etc etc.

So in the end you'll have 5 cards, (4 of them have $1 in them, and one has $20) which costs only $24. Instead of buying 5 cards with minimum of $20 (total to $100).

Haven't tried it myself, but technically it should work.

*EDIT* - So it seems it's been verified that this method DOES work. A user reported ebay/paypal charges approxmiately $2, probably for verification and should get the $$ back shortly after. In that case, it might be a good idea to keep, say $5, in each card.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

It could, but I find often I have to keep at least a little more available just in case the card is rejected the first time due to some glitch (it happens). This just means you would have less than 5 cards, but still it's worth a try. Anyone care to give it a shot? I don't think I'd ask them though directly. You'd probably just be told no and they'd change it so you can't.
Old 05-19-2007
Executive [VIP]

I've called them a while back and asked but the rep said no. You can try it though and see what happens and report back here.
Old 05-19-2007

LOL! It sure does work. I started with a $50 simon account and used it to buy 2 more giving me 3 total. Only problem is ebay and paypal double verified my account.. 4-5 dollars total plus the 1.95 paypal CC verification fee, if you use your CC to become verified. My point be same and leave yourself about 8 dollars on each simon card
Old 05-19-2007

Yes, but once they verify, you do get all that money back correct? Other than using the card to buy other cards and paying the fees on each account associated with that card, what can you use the cards for? I just don't want to be stuck with X amount of dollars on a card and find I can only use it once a month and that's IF the account doesn't get suspended in the meantime. And if it did, I suppose you could use it to buy yet another card for a new account, but pretty soon you would have more virtual cards than you know what to do with. Can you use these cards for anything else?
Old 05-20-2007
Executive [VIP]

Ah so you can buy a simon card with another simon card. This is good to know. The only other question I have to figure out now is how to get back on ebay.
Old 05-20-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
EBAY has no way of knowing that you bought your gift card with another gift card! So that "double verifying" had nothing to do with that factor.

Maybe EBAY and PP just have some way of knowing the card is a gift card which is why they ask for additional verification like the expanded use number.

On the other hand, PP tends to limit and ask for additional info on almost all accounts eventually.

Paypal doesn't ask for expanded use with simon gift accounts.
Old 05-21-2007
Executive [VIP]

No I am not, I used a simon gift account on a paypal account and they never asked for it. They only ask for expanded use when they can't verify the name and address on the visa card.
Old 05-21-2007

Modee is right.. The AVS just verify address. I know this becuase I have a merchant account and sometimes I disable AVS and etc...

I have to agree with expanded use, they ask for that everytime..
Old 05-21-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ballsack stick around and eventually they might ask for it.

And you are completely wrong about the ability to verify the NAME via the AVS system. No AVS system verifies name.

Try it - use a credit card to buy something or get verified and enter all information completely, but CHANGE the name. The AVS (address verification system) will still accept it.

I've signed up with paypal 4 different times using different CC#s. Two of which were gift cards with names and address on them and the only time they've asked for an expuse is when I gave them a VCC which has none.
Old 06-30-2007

So if that's the case, can you not use a VCC to register a new paypal account? Or is it just that you won't be able to get away with it for long? Wouldn't the only time that comes into play after the original sign up be when there is some conflict on your account or a limitation caused by a dispute or whatever?
Old 09-28-2007

Default Gift card question

Can I buy a Simon gc and use it to buy another Simon gc? I would like to do this 31 times so that the balance in each card is used to pay for the next one.

Will this raise a red flag at Simon? I want to follow feebay balling's tip on creating 31 new ebay accounts.
Old 09-28-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Hmmm, I'm suspect Simon has a way to detect this easy. I'm not sure if it's against the rules are not, but it sounds like it could be.
Old 10-11-2007

Longevity: 96%

When you buy the Simon gift cards are you required to use your real name and address or are you using the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name that you are using on the new ebay accounts you are setting up?
Old 10-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I use my real information. Simon doesn't pass that information onto eBay. EBay has whatever you give them.
Old 10-11-2007

If you are using the gift cards for something REALLY nefarious, then go on down to the mall and buy them for cash while wearing a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ mustache, a hat and sunglasses...I suppose.[/QUOTE]

My, my, you are the comedian aren't you? :D
Old 10-15-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadows View Post
When you buy the Simon gift cards are you required to use your real name and address or are you using the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name that you are using on the new ebay accounts you are setting up?
Use the same name and address you did for ebay.
Old 10-16-2007

Does anyone know if there is a card in Australia that is likea simon gift card?
Old 10-17-2007

Longevity: 97%
Default Please help with Simon cards

I purchased a 100 dollar Simon card. I then used that Simon card to buy another card worth 97 dollars with a different name. This left me with the original card with 3 dollars on it and the new card with 97. I then tried to use the card with 97 on it to buy another card and it won't work.

Does anyone have any info as to why the first transaction worked and the second one did not?

Thanks
Old 10-17-2007

Longevity: 97%
Default I was trying to buy simon card with a simon card

I guess the only option is to buy cards at 22 bucks a piece with a maor credit card?

Is there anywhere else that sells cards where you don't have to buy a 20 minimum card?

Thanks for your help!
Old 10-18-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Simon actually prefers payment with straight, regular credit (not debit) cards. Ones with real credit lines. It especially likes ones from major banks that can be verified online via that password system they have set up.

It does not like PP debit cards either.

Their system is just very picky about accepting debit cards at all.
So that may explain why i tried buying some last night but my bank issued debit/credit card got rejected.
Old 10-18-2007

Longevity: 95%

Just bought a VISA branded Gift card at the local Grocery Chain, called Super Fresh, you buy it and then go online to allcardsaccess i believe it is, it works. They have them on the shelf for $10 $25 $50 and $100, however, they charge $4.95. I remember last Christmas the Drug Stores had alot of gift cards hanging by the checkouts, I bought several as gifts, these do not need a phone call or on line access, they are automatically ready. BUT, if you need them to verify name./address you must do that on line.