Getting back on Ebay and keeping old paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Getting back on Ebay and keeping old paypal

I've read a few posts where people mentioning having more than one Paypal account. I was suspended from Ebay a couple of months ago, but I still have the paypal I used with it.

I understand that I will need to open a new paypal account, reset my IP address, and then work from there. How would I be able to have two accounts? I don't see how I would be able to keep my OLD paypal account since if I signed into it with the new IP, wouldn't everything link together?

I can't afford an extra monthly charge for dial up, so I am probably going to reset my cable modem. Is this a good idea, or is dial up a lot better? I bought the Stealth Book, but I still don't get the difference between the two when it comes to IP numbers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
If youre "NOT" a Techy person,. like me.,,. then starting out--To SPEED UP the process, so i could get back to selling..
I got a new hard drive, new router, and new dsl modem.. THIS WAY--I was assured my ip changed, and there were no traces on my pc..
>>NOW--if you understand the whole "IP" process,etc..More power to you--I did not...

__ AS for Paypal---FORGET IT---use it for ANYTHING BUT--Ebay--this has been confirmed again and again here by many members.. They WILL link you...
___ There are several threads on "
changing your ip address"--- maybe you can understand them?? If you do nto, and want back on ASAP--

OPTIONS:
a.) Go buy equipment like i did
b.) Sign up for Modees one on one tech support--he can walk you through it..
Good Luck
Old 07-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Wow, that would cost a lot for me to buy all that new stuff.

I get the IP address, but obviously if I get a new IP address and log into my old paypal account, it would be linked with that IP address. I don't know if it would carry over to the paypal account I need to open to get back on Ebay.
Old 07-05-2008
Threadstarter  

I am going to see if I can talk to someone on here one on one so I don't have to keep posting questions here..
Old 07-06-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Yeah, it's a waste of time to use that old Paypal account. If you log into it and then another Paypal account, those accounts may link. Just create a new Paypal account and use that for ebay and don't mess with your linked accounts. Good luck,