Paypal is attacking me!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-19-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Paypal is attacking me!!

One of my "dummy" paypal accounts got limited. Why? because of 20 disputes of the past year regardless of my "premier" status. I found one of my buddies transactions for $25 and refunded it and asked him to resend to a new REAL pp account. Weeks later, his account is shut down and so is mine. They accused him of money-laundering,identity theft, stolen credit cards, and a whole bunch of other false crap. They also said they reported it to the FBI which doesnt make sense.

What do i do now? They said the limitation cannot be appealed but when i called them, they said that if i fax my ID information, they will unlock it or re-evaulate it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Paypal is attacking me!!

Why did you have 20 disputes? Were they resolved? It just seems like a lot of disputes unless you are doing a large volume of business.

As to the second part, if I understand this correctly, you had a stealth PayPal account that was suspended. You issued a refund. The person receiving the refund turned around and re-sent the money to your REAL PayPal account?

Is that correct?

I don't know how well you know the person you mentioned as your "buddy" but if he WAS involved with anything like ID theft or stolen credit cards, that could cause a problem down the road.

Bottom line is, I would let the account stay closed and move on. I would also avoid any dealings with your "buddy" in the future.
Old 10-19-2013

Longevity: 62%

My advice to you or anyone else is to NEVER refund someone and have the same person RESEND the same amount to another account. That is a big red flag and both accounts will end up getting limited.
Old 10-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari View Post
My advice to you or anyone else is to NEVER refund someone and have the same person RESEND the same amount to another account. That is a big red flag and both accounts will end up getting limited.
If you know this person WTF would you have them send you money on PayPal? Anyone who runs stealth's with half a brain knows sending money between accounts is a big red flag. That is what Money Orders and other forms of payment are for.
Old 10-20-2013

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
If you know this person WTF would you have them send you money on PayPal? Anyone who runs stealth's with half a brain knows sending money between accounts is a big red flag. That is what Money Orders and other forms of payment are for.
I was simply talking about someone who you don't know, not a friend, sending you payment. I would never have someone I know pay me through paypal. I use paypal very little if at all now, just too much of a hassle.
Old 10-20-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Why did you have 20 disputes? Were they resolved? It just seems like a lot of disputes unless you are doing a large volume of business.

As to the second part, if I understand this correctly, you had a stealth PayPal account that was suspended. You issued a refund. The person receiving the refund turned around and re-sent the money to your REAL PayPal account?

Is that correct?

I don't know how well you know the person you mentioned as your "buddy" but if he WAS involved with anything like ID theft or stolen credit cards, that could cause a problem down the road.

Bottom line is, I would let the account stay closed and move on. I would also avoid any dealings with your "buddy" in the future.
you are right but i work in the IM industry. transactions in the IM industry are not transactions at a restaurant.
Old 10-20-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You suggesting wait 6 months? I know he could have resent the money
via other methods but i was in a hurry. I guess ill make a new one and start fresh over.
Old 10-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Some business practice you have to have had 20 disputes.

You can try to send the ID, not a given it will work.

Having premier status gives you no free ticket.

You use paypal.

Paypal limits accounts.

Get a new buddy too.

Old 10-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
Some business practice you have to have had 20 disputes.

You can try to send the ID, not a given it will work.

Having premier status gives you no free ticket.

You use paypal.

Paypal limits accounts.

Get a new buddy too.

What does my "buddy" have to do with anything? first of all, he simply paid the money he owed me. I refunded it (after limited) and had him resend the money. Then he got limited weeks later and i was limited (on my new account) They limited me because "verify my identity" and put the $25 on hold.

And yes all those 20 disputes have been resolved a long time ago. I had $160 scammed from me and i chargedback. Paypal simply paid that fraudster. Called support, that was a joke.

I guess using stealth is the only way out here. Looking forward to setting up some new accounts. Is it possible that paypal could report me to the FBI for using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info on a paypal account or "identity theft"?

Let me know.
Old 10-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebomb View Post
What does my "buddy" have to do with anything? first of all, he simply paid the money he owed me. I refunded it (after limited) and had him resend the money. Then he got limited weeks later and i was limited (on my new account) They limited me because "verify my identity" and put the $25 on hold.

And yes all those 20 disputes have been resolved a long time ago. I had $160 scammed from me and i chargedback. Paypal simply paid that fraudster. Called support, that was a joke.

I guess using stealth is the only way out here. Looking forward to setting up some new accounts. Is it possible that paypal could report me to the FBI for using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info on a paypal account or "identity theft"?

Let me know.
Only way to move forward is via stealth.

Your past history - while resolved - sounds very sketch - and "friend" and such, avoid it.
Old 10-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebomb View Post

Let me know.
PayPal is hypersensitive to everything. You have to extremely careful to use it at all. Exactly why I said before sending payments between accounts is a no no. I have seriously gotten in arguments with friends over it. Told them to go F themselves pay me another way. Because I know after the past close to 10 years how they operate.

Anything and I mean anything that looks off to them they have no problem limiting you without a call or your explanation.

As far as reporting you to the FBI. Normally you have to be a shyster, doing idiotic things. Selling phakes and withdrawing money as soon as you receive. Basically giving eBay no reason to trust you. If you do things the right way, create trust with eBay you can have very long lasting Stealth accounts both on eBay and PayPal if you chose. If you do suspicious things they will continue to limit you and who knows the ramifications.
Old 10-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
As far as reporting you to the FBI. Normally you have to be a shyster, doing idiotic things. Selling phakes and withdrawing money as soon as you receive. Basically giving eBay no reason to trust you..
High amounts too will likely lead to complaints by people and investigation.

Shyster