Moving Home - Need new accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 10-25-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Moving Home - Need new accounts

Hi everyone, I`m new to the forum so am unsure if I have posted this to the correct place.... Forgive me if I have...

First of all, I have been on ebay and using paypal for a long time.. Two years ago, I got my accounts closed down because I was selling retro game collections on disc, as I wasn`t doing to well in computer components.. I`d seen others selling them and knew that I could sell them cheaper and faster. I have a feeling that the other sellers may have been reporting my listing because I got banned and they are still on.

Now, I had another account, so I got myself a pre-paid mastercard in my dads name and opened a new paypal account and used that with my other account.. I started selling the discs again, but after a while it got tedious so I started selling other stuff. I had an email from my old account, some statement or other telling me I was owed £18. So I logged in to see if I could claim it back.. BIG MISTAKE - three hours later, I was banned from both accounts and my paypal account was shut down.

I got flagged and before I knew it, I`d lost my accounts and it was just at that time that I was starting to sell more legit stuff. What really gets me is that the other sellers selling the retro game collections are still on there, selling away, and have been for years.

What I would like to ask is this.. I am moving home in a week or so, so that will mean a new address and I will be opening a new bank account as well.

I intend to use a virtual machine (XP) on my Windows 7 computer for all my ebay, paypal activites, so it would be a completely new installation with no cookies or hidden tracking methods, plus a new IP from my Internet provider.

Can I use the same name. Or do I just use a mix of middle and first names etc. Or can I blag a totally different name altogether.. Problem I have is the fact that my bank account HAS to be in my real name. Would it be a problem getting a pre-paid mastercard or visa in a different name. Can I get one with a business name, as I intend to start fresh and sell legitimately this time around.

And thanks.....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Moving Home - Need new accounts

As a UK user you have no need for a virtual machine.
Old 10-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Errr. Thanks for that....
Old 10-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by combiseries View Post
Errr. Thanks for that....
You can look at other options to set up which will be easier to use.

Dongles for starters or make use of your new IP address at the new home.
Old 10-27-2013

Longevity: 88%

I'd always assumed that if you moved house and opened a new eBay account you could use your real name. I figured all you needed was a new telephone number and perhaps change your date of birth slightly so there are no obvious links between your old address and new.
Old 10-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Depends on how unique your name is.

Using your real name and your real DOB would be a bad move though.

You can use a VCC (entropay works very well)

Bank account in your own name is not an issue so long as they accept mismatching name deposits.

No need for a virtual machine.

Your best first step would be to read thought the stealth guide so that you understand the basics first.
Old 10-28-2013

Longevity: 61%

@combiseries - Just to let you know I used my real name and D.O.B on my stealth eBay and PayPal accounts and have been registered since 2011 with no issues.
Old 10-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your tips. I am in the process of buying the stealth guide now.. I won`t have internet in my new home for at least two weeks, and I will be getting a new phone number.

I will be using a dual boot setup on my pc so I can separate business from gaming, so I will have new hardware keys from the different hard drive, new IP with the internet etc...

I`ve looked into using entropay, and must admit it sounds pretty good. However, will I be able to withdraw money from paypal and into my entropay account, like I used to do with my pre-paid cash card...

I really, really don`t want to make any mistakes otherwise I`ll goof up my new address. Opening up a new bank account, like Lloyds would be a pain though, entropay sounds like the way to go, as everything is online... If I was to transfer money from entropay into my bank account would paypal/ebay be able to track it and link me.
Old 10-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Incidentally, is there anyway I can read this ebook using my android tablet... My wife hates it when I`m on the PC.
Old 10-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I`ve looked into using entropay, and must admit it sounds pretty good. However, will I be able to withdraw money from paypal and into my entropay account, like I used to do with my pre-paid cash card...

I really, really don`t want to make any mistakes otherwise I`ll goof up my new address. Opening up a new bank account, like Lloyds would be a pain though, entropay sounds like the way to go, as everything is online... If I was to transfer money from entropay into my bank account would paypal/ebay be able to track it and link me.
On PP UK, you can only withdraw to bank account - not to EP.

If you got funds into EP (which isnt possible from PP), EP is separate service from PP so PP would not see what you do on EP.

As for tablet, you would need the access to the eBook - should be doable with the access code. PM a moderator for assistance.
Old 10-28-2013
Threadstarter  

So a new bank account is a must then. Hmmm, I'm worried about using my real name with a new paypal account just so I can use the bank withdrawal. There wasn't a problem with getting the money transfered onto a pre-pay mastercard I'm wondering if I can use a dopey name on one of them.
Old 10-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
So a new bank account is a must then. Hmmm, I'm worried about using my real name with a new paypal account just so I can use the bank withdrawal. There wasn't a problem with getting the money transfered onto a pre-pay mastercard I'm wondering if I can use a dopey name on one of them.
Many banks will allow deposits in different names...essential to STEALTH method
Old 10-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
I'd always assumed that if you moved house and opened a new eBay account you could use your real name. I figured all you needed was a new telephone number and perhaps change your date of birth slightly so there are no obvious links between your old address and new.
Never EVER assume with ebay or paypal when you need to be stealth.