Thinking about using Propay, can anyone help? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-28-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Thinking about using Propay, can anyone help?

We all know that Paypal is the ebay standard however I am thinking of using Propay and bypassing paypal altogether.

My question is does ebay question why you dont use Paypal and instead use Propay and are sales slower if you do not use Paypal and choose to use Propay instead?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Thinking about using Propay, can anyone help?

Sales are likely to be slower. Most people associate PP and EB very strongly an will be hesitant to use anything else.
Old 10-28-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Sales are likely to be slower. Most people associate PP and EB very strongly an will be hesitant to use anything else.
Thats sucks...but cant hurt to try I dont guess
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 66%

Hypothetically. I don't know anything about you. Lets say you had your PayPal suspended with your SSN associated. So that is gone. You should be able to get a Propay account. I have never had one but I do know they ask for the Tax ID up front. That should work with them. Still make sure you go stealth status not linking any info etc.

Personally, if it where me I would make a new eBay and PayPal stealth. Accept PayPal for a while until you get like 10-30 selling feedback. Then create your ProPay and ditch PayPal. Personally that is how I would do it. Knock on wood thankfully I haven't had to. But if I ever do I am sure that is how I would approach it.
Old 10-30-2013

Longevity: 63%

DONT DO IT, its really sucks. I have tried it, there are alot of issues with propay. Most of the orders say payment processing when the customers havent paid. I tried out the method last week since one of my stealth paypals got limited due to a proxy issue. When I used propay alot of members didnt trust it, alot of them had issues paying, ebay wont help and propay just recommends you send them an invoice directly. It really isnt worth trying, maybe another merchant account might be alittle better. but not propay. This is my experience, I had about 70% of the buys no paid for...

The people who recommend this propay havent even tried it I bet.
Old 10-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

I haven't tried it I admit. But for those who have their Tax ID burned on PayPal. Propay might be an option. Obviously not the best one. But running a good account compared to 20-30 stealth accounts with PayPal and the 200 transaction limits they are imposing this year. Gotta pick your battles.

I have seen some eBayers sell using strictly ProPay. I am sure you get a large amount of NPB or buyers asking to cancel the transaction. Any third party you go through on eBay if it is a merchant account you will get the same thing.

Propay in my opinion, even though I admit I have not used it. Is an option for sellers who have burned the Tax ID on PayPal. I still suggest creating lots of stealth accounts and having those on the side. But taking it for what it is. Probably still and option for people in certain situations. I agree obviously not ideal. But just because it isn't optimal don't discount its value to certain people. Sales are sales. ProPay is better than nothing. eBay is about surviving. Propay offers that in a non-optimal way.

Last edited by vogeltron; 10-31-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddypro1 View Post
DONT DO IT, its really sucks. I have tried it, there are alot of issues with propay. Most of the orders say payment processing when the customers havent paid. I tried out the method last week since one of my stealth paypals got limited due to a proxy issue. When I used propay alot of members didnt trust it, alot of them had issues paying, ebay wont help and propay just recommends you send them an invoice directly. It really isnt worth trying, maybe another merchant account might be alittle better. but not propay. This is my experience, I had about 70% of the buys no paid for...

The people who recommend this propay havent even tried it I bet.
As much as I respect your opinion. You aren't exactly an established member on here. When you link ProPay to a eBay you have to create the link for settings etc through eBay. It may be complete junk you could be 100% right. But I have done my research on it. Even though I haven't had to use it thankfully. I have seen multiple eBayers who sell vero ⊗⊗⊗⊗ thrive using only ProPay. So even though it is not ideal. It does make me believe that if you are selling legit desirable goods it can be done. I agree you will probably have buyers asking to cancel transactions and more NPB than you would accepting PayPal. But given where most stealth users are especially in the US. I would consider it a viable option to supplement your many stealth accounts you should already be working on.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
rsot (10-31-2013)