I received a strange email from PayPal! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-01-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default I received a strange email from PayPal!

My PayPal account was limited MONTHS ago and I tried to get back on PayPal.
Several weeks ago, I received an email that my account was frozen/blocked because of ''unsuspicious activity''. I tried to login, but forgot the answer to my secret question (stupid, I know). Never bothered ever since, it was already limited and there was no money on it.

But today I received this email (I haven't opened it, I have a stealth account, so don't want to be linked!)

''Your account will be limited until we hear from you.'' ?

What do they mean? If I contact them, they'll remove the limitation? Doubt that!

The e-mail was send by ''service@paypal.nl''
(Didn't open the email, I hovered over it with my mouse and then it states where it is from).

What to do? I would be happy if it is not limited since my eBay account got re-instated (my good eBay account) and my selling limits are a lot higher on my normal account.

What should I do? I have no idea, don't want to risk my stealth account (even though it is just a starter)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: I received a strange email from PayPal!

You have no way of ATTEMPTING to reinstated it without contacting them - that's what they are saying...nothing is 100% sure but if you WANT to try and have it reinstated, you must contact them.

Suspicious activity is quite broad - clarify with them and hopefully it works out
Old 11-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

It will be toast if you do nothing.

First thing is understanding why you got limited.

Did you run a ton of money through it?

Something you did flagged the account.
Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

@OP, make sure you have all your info in front of you when you call - know your account well.
Old 11-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Are they asking you for any docs instead of calling?
Old 11-02-2013
Threadstarter  

No, they send an email that they have noticed ''suspicious activity'' on my account. Also, someone has changed the answers to my secret questions and I can't reset my password anymore because the answers to the secret questions are wrong now.

I can login to my account, but when I do, it says that the action could not be continued or something and I am logged out of PayPal.
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok, need your help here :D

I am gonna call PayPal in 30 minutes.
But the account I am trying to get back, is one I created when I was 17 years old (you have to be 18). They asked my full name on another account I owned (is suspended now), so I can't give them my full name anymore.

How should I deal with this? Should I just say that I was indeed too young? But if they accept that, they might link my full name to the other account which is banned, as I will have to send a copy of my passport eventually.
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

I think I'll just give them my full name. I believe I changed my name on the other PayPal account, but I'll have to check that out. And as for the date.. I'll try to talk my way out of that.
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok, I called them and they told me the reason for the limitation of my account is the high number of disputes I opened a while ago.

All legitimate disputes though. I ordered for $4000 stock from a webshop, but a lot of the items didn't show up or were damaged (about 8% of orders). I solved it with the webshop and they even apologized, but the number of disputes was reason enough for PayPal to limit my account.

So the guy on the phone sounded understanding when I explained it and told me to send my story to their customer email address.

How should I explain it? Should I send them emails I've received from the webshop, a calculation of the percentage of disputes (in comparison with #of orders)?
Old 11-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelol View Post
How should I explain it? Should I send them emails I've received from the webshop, a calculation of the percentage of disputes (in comparison with #of orders)?
Only provide documentation if asked - sounds so murky your story though...sorry to say - as for that whole age deal, PP has been hard on not reinstating accounts made by minors, regardless of age.
Old 11-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would avoid sending anything to PayPal unless they specifically ask for it. Given what you have said above, I would just tell them that You thought you had found a great place to shop that turned out to be not so great after all and that you are no longer ordering from them.

Given that this seems to be more of a BUYER type issue, and they have repeatedly emailed you, I think there is a good chance of getting the account back. No guarantees, of course, but it sounds like they are trying to determine if you would always have these kinds of issues as a buyer (some people are just never happy no matter what) or if it was just limited to this one incident.

This does not seem like a big deal, overall. Now, if it were a SELLER ISSUE, where is was YOU that was getting complaints, or if they thought you were selling counterfeits or something, then THAT would be a different story

As long as you can avoid linking the new account in any way, I would try to get it back since you have nothing to lose and there seems to be a good chance of success.

Last edited by jeffweico; 11-04-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Hmm, good suggestion. Thanks.

I won't tell them anything about my age.
If I get the account back, and they want to verify my identity after a while, I will send my legitimate identity etc. and say that someone else changed my profile settings (because I did receive an email from PayPal, in which was stated that my secret answers and questions were changed, but I didn't do that...).

I'll go to a public library now and send them my explanation.
Don't want to do that at home.

None of the problems were related to selling btw. Nobody ever complained about my products...
Old 11-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you get the account back, I would change the password and secret questions ASAP. Write everything down this time.