Help Needed. INR dispute. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 11-08-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Help Needed. INR dispute.

I had a buyer claim item not received. I had already submitted Auspost tracking and it shows as delivered however Paypal told me yesterday that was not enough. that i had to submit proof i sent it to the buyers address.

so i logged into my Auspost click and send account and i screenshot the "History of my account". For those of you who are not Australian. This is basically an online shipping account

I also screenshot the actual receipt from my online auspost account which contains the buyers Address and the same tracking number as what i submitted earlier to paypal.

I have also provided paypal with another screenshot of the email i received from Auspost Including the headers. The email contains lodgement and tracking number to be the same i submitted.

I submitted this a day or so ago and I had not gotten a response back from paypal about my proof so i panicked and called paypal this afternoon to discuss the case.

The person told me on the phone they will not accept my "Online receipt" from Auspost click and send even though the online receipt does contain both the buyers address and the same tracking number as what i submitted.

they told me on the phone that they only will accept the receipt from the actual Post office and it has to contain the buyers address. now Auspost usually does not provide this even when lodging at the actual post office and unless i can provide this within the next 3 business days. I will likely lose the case. :( :(

Don't know what to do as my item is $800 and i am now panicking. :(

Last edited by DotDot; 11-08-2013 at 07:29 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Help Needed. INR dispute.

The same thing happened to me, even though i had tracking to confirm the item had been delivered. Just send pay pal the website address to track the item and also the tracking number so they can confirm. Chances are they will decide in your favour. Good luck
Old 11-10-2013

Longevity: 66%

For such an expensive item really I would request ID and signature upon delivery and insurance. If the buyer won't have it then don't send it.

Try also to film the goods being posted at the post office.

Otherwise try printing out the AustPost online receipt, scan it or upload it to PayPal. It should have delivery name and address on it.

Send a message to the buyer you will be putting in a full investigation with Australia Post and forwarding this to the Police.

Let us know what happens.
Old 11-24-2013

Longevity: 62%

Did you have a lodgement receipt too?
Try giving paypal another call and try to speak to someone else??
Have you read on the sellers board? some quite good advice on there at times.
Can auspost provide anything the same but different?
Old 12-09-2013

Longevity: 60%

For $800 I'd file a police report and not bother with using paypal. I'd pretty much ignore what paypal has to say and give the police report all the buyers contact details.
Old 12-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
I had a buyer claim item not received. I had already submitted Auspost tracking and it shows as delivered however Paypal told me yesterday that was not enough. that i had to submit proof i sent it to the buyers address.

so i logged into my Auspost click and send account and i screenshot the "History of my account". For those of you who are not Australian. This is basically an online shipping account

I also screenshot the actual receipt from my online auspost account which contains the buyers Address and the same tracking number as what i submitted earlier to paypal.

I have also provided paypal with another screenshot of the email i received from Auspost Including the headers. The email contains lodgement and tracking number to be the same i submitted.

I submitted this a day or so ago and I had not gotten a response back from paypal about my proof so i panicked and called paypal this afternoon to discuss the case.

The person told me on the phone they will not accept my "Online receipt" from Auspost click and send even though the online receipt does contain both the buyers address and the same tracking number as what i submitted.

they told me on the phone that they only will accept the receipt from the actual Post office and it has to contain the buyers address. now Auspost usually does not provide this even when lodging at the actual post office and unless i can provide this within the next 3 business days. I will likely lose the case. :( :(

Don't know what to do as my item is $800 and i am now panicking. :(
When you called back, did you get paypal OZ (lack of customer service) or paypal US?

Try calling back and asking for a supervisor. Remind them under current Australian law, what you are supplying from Australia Post is acceptable. They have no business applying US standards to the transaction. Get the name of the supervisor. Inform then that they have 7 days to side with you or you are joining them and the buyer in Small Claims Court.
Old 12-11-2013

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
When you called back, did you get paypal OZ (lack of customer service) or paypal US?

Try calling back and asking for a supervisor. Remind them under current Australian law, what you are supplying from Australia Post is acceptable. They have no business applying US standards to the transaction. Get the name of the supervisor. Inform then that they have 7 days to side with you or you are joining them and the buyer in Small Claims Court.
Seriously, this.

I've threatened Paypal before with legal action - in writing - and won cases without even having tracking. I'm of course bluffing, I've got no feasible method of doing it cheaply from here, but Paypal doesn't know and isn't willing to risk it. I've not done it a lot, and nor really should anyone, but over something like an $800 item I probably wouldn't be bluffing about taking a scammer to court.
Old 12-25-2013

Longevity: 59%

Hopefully this drama go sorted by now.

Best trick is to always befriend your local post office. I use 2 in the area and they are very helpful. One trick they can do is print out receipts again even from date X on time XX:XX

Paypal US are morons. The aussie ones are just script dummies and know how and what a article number is.