did my bank return micro deposits to paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default did my bank return micro deposits to paypal?

I am running a stealth and the name is different from my name so the BOA info is completely different. I sent the 2 micro deposits and when I called to check what the amounts were it said credit of 3 cents, credit of 1 cent but then it said debit of 4 cents. Does that mean they rejected the credits or is this normal?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: did my bank return micro deposits to paypal?

I went ahead and confirmed the deposit amounts as I found some posts saying that many had this issue and most were fine and have been withdrawing with no problems and a couple said they were limited but it seems like I had no choice but to take a chance. After confirming the microdeposits I just got the following message

You have successfully linked your bank account to your PayPal account. Your bank account is now the default way you'll make most payments with PayPal. You can choose a different way to pay at checkout.

For additional security, we'll make a $0.10 deposit into your bank account and retrieve it. We don't need you to take any action.

So I figured there was a chance the reason they seemed to have taken back the 4 cents from microdeposits was either to see if they can take money from the account incase they want to in the future or just to getback the microdeposits as it could add up and cost them a lot of money with so many signups but I don't understand why if that was the case would they now say they are going to send and retrieve 10 cents as a security measure.

I think probably because I verified fast and they haven't had a chance to verify that the microdeposits went back to them . Actually I think that is very likely because some posters said it seemed "random" that they would get this message and the random aspect could be accounted for based on some microdeposit verifications were completed before they got them back which would make them send the 10 cents and some were done after they got the microdeposits back which would make them not send the 10 cents. Hopefully that's all it is