How do I quit ebay safely? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-05-2013

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 67%
Default How do I quit ebay safely?

I am using a real account.
Really tired of being nice and always bend over of customers.

A buyer demanded me to ship another two products and the return shipping label because the products I sent her were not describe.
I asked her to take photos for the items she received.
She didn't reply and just open the not as describe case.
I don't know what ebay will do? Does anyone know???

I am tied of her BS and just want to pay ebay fees and end my store.
But what if ebay refunded her money (about $150) and ask me to pay back from my paypal account(real pp). That could bring me to collection agency?
How do I end my ebay store safely?
I am certain the items I sent her were the right item.
Thank you.

Last edited by pothos; 12-05-2013 at 07:42 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: How do I quit ebay safely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothos View Post
But what if ebay refunded her money (about $150) and ask me to pay back from my paypal account(real pp). That could bring me to collection agency?
How do I end my ebay store safely?
If it is in your real name then yes they can send collections after you.

There is no way to end an ebay store and not have to reimburse sellers if they make a claim or issue a charge back. Safest thing you can do is end the store and then keep an eye on your account for 6 months to ensure no charge backs are issued.
Old 12-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

never shut down a real eBay account. Just keep it and dont use it

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-06-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-06-2013

Longevity: 60%

Depends on the country you live in. Paypal has zero impact on credit rating, so it's a good place to 'store' debt in a negative value for a time.

Depending on how negative the balance is, Paypal will chase and chase and send letter after letter, but ultimately has very little power to do anything. They cannot 'force' money out of you and must take you to court to get it. If you've sent something and the post has lost it, keep in mind regardless of what Paypal / eBay think, it'll be the courts that decide if they get the money or not.

Pretty much you can abandon the account with a negative balance and there's sod all they can do, realistically.
Old 12-06-2013
Threadstarter  

I am from Canada. I am thinking of paying the ebay fee and end my listings and the ebay store.
I just don't know what will happen if ebay refunds that scam buyer because of the not as describe case and ask me to pay back the amount. Can I just leave it like that?
Since my paypal will be $0 balance at that time.
I don't want to damage my credit rating that is why I came here for help.
Old 12-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys for your input!
Old 12-06-2013

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothos View Post
I don't want to damage my credit rating that is why I came here for help.
Paypal has absolute zero affect, 100% zilch, on your credit rating. You could pretty safley leave it with minus a million and it wouldn't do a thing, but for that volume of money they probably would try and take you to court.

Get a credit report, you won't see paypal anywhere. Again, heavily depends on country but the only way it possibly CAN affect you is if they have taken you to court and the debt is offset to a debt collector. It does NOT work the other way around, as many think, otherwise anyone could claim anyone owes them money and sell it off to debt collectors. They have to prove you owe them, which, legally standing in most countries, they cannot do.

There are exceptions: Australia, for example, they operate is a financial institution and thus can very easily mess you up.

I can't speak for your country, but another thing you can do to be safe is to contact your bank, say you have been scammed and that you want to block all paypal transactions. Paypal won't be able to take it through any kind of DD if you have that block in place.

Last edited by JRaynor101; 12-06-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-06-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Dont know Ca laws but if this user were in the USA you would be incorrect.

If you paypal goes into the negative and this has your real name etc on it then yes, your credit rating can be effected easily.

Any negative balance will be sent to collections and they will report it on your credit file.

I dont know Canadian laws but I would wait for someone with some experience with this to chime in.

Do not close it. End listings, refund etc and keep it to use for buying etc if you do not want to sell on it.

Just dont let ebay or pp go into the negative.

You cannot just end the account and it goes away. It dont work that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
tmastermind (12-06-2013)
Old 12-06-2013

Longevity: 66%

Not to be rude, but i recommend you upgrade your customer service skills. Go read the ebay policy in regards to buyers making demands and extortion. Don't let these kind of people get to you. I personally like it when someone tries to demand me to give to something outside of the listing or extort me. I end up with the upper hand since I know they are violating ebays policy. When this happens I usually stay polite and remind them of the policy and provide a link. After they read the rules them self they will usually calm down and reevaluate they way they reply to you.

If you can, make sure you choose the option you are willing to accept the item back for a full refund. eBay will make the buyer pay for return shipping or ebay will supply the label. At least, youll get your item back or if the buyer doesn't return the item, ebay will rule in your favor.
Old 12-06-2013
Threadstarter  

UK paypal user has absolute zero affect if UK pp go into the negative.
It is a good news for UK pp user.
How about Canada? Any Canadian here?

I checked the ebay policy. "Demanding additional items or services that are outside of what is contained in the listing" is not allowed. This buyer asked for two replacements and a return shipping label to be sent to her before she returns the original products. Is it against the policy?

Also, how can we prove that the buyer has a buyer remorse or she just doesn't like the product so open an item not as describe case? This buyer is not willing to provide pictures .
Old 12-06-2013

Longevity: 64%

I have to go with thread. A person has to try to not be personally involved in their eBay transactions. It's not easy but is possible.
Customer service skills on eBay have to be top shelf because of the vast demographics.