Purchasing items & gift cards instead of withdrawing to bank account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-08-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Purchasing items & gift cards instead of withdrawing to bank account?

How the hell does this work??! Every time I try my transaction gets cancelled. Do you have the item shipped to you? & if so, how? Or do you use in store pick up? Please help.. thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-08-2013
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Purchasing items & gift cards instead of withdrawing to bank account?

Hi, if you live in a big city "in store pickup" is an option working for me.
Shipping to your address... if you have registered to an accessible address like PO Box or something else is ok.

Shipping to your personal, and probably banned, address is a risky option... your choice.

what do you mean with "Every time I try my transaction gets cancelled" ??
Old 12-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Purchasing items & gift cards instead of withdrawing to bank account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Hi, if you live in a big city "in store pickup" is an option working for me.
Shipping to your address... if you have registered to an accessible address like PO Box or something else is ok.

Shipping to your personal, and probably banned, address is a risky option... your choice.

what do you mean with "Every time I try my transaction gets cancelled" ??
Thanks for your reply.

Every single time I try to make a purchase with Walmart.com, Best buy, Toys R Us, etc, through Paypal, the transaction will show as pending for a couple of hours and then get cancelled. I always choose store pickup. I'm trying to purchase AMEX gift cards but I can't seem to find a store that allows store pickup for gift cards. I've heard of a lot of people on this forum doing that to withdraw their Paypal funds.
Old 12-08-2013

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashaiera View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Every single time I try to make a purchase with Walmart.com, Best buy, Toys R Us, etc, through Paypal, the transaction will show as pending for a couple of hours and then get cancelled. I always choose store pickup. I'm trying to purchase AMEX gift cards but I can't seem to find a store that allows store pickup for gift cards. I've heard of a lot of people on this forum doing that to withdraw their Paypal funds.
I have the same problem, first purchase with online store is fine, second time is cancelled, even it's one of the biggest trustworthy online mart. What happened?? Called the mart, they replied paypal hold the funds… But funds are available in account as it's over 21 days…
Old 12-08-2013

Longevity: 72%

Are any of you trying to buy gift cards? If so, that may be why. Even on non-stealth accounts they often cancel the orders. Not sure why
Old 12-08-2013

Longevity: 66%

just wondering - have you completed the 1.95 verification?
Old 12-09-2013
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

i know you said that you are trying to purchase amex gift cards, but are you also trying to purchase e-gift cards? These are known to be a problem with paypal accounts (stealth or not) and I would not recommend cashing out that way.
Old 12-09-2013

Longevity: 64%

I usually divide my stealth accounts to

1/3 withdraw to bank account
1/3 for purchasing items
1/3 for purchasing e-gift cards

I am using verified accounts

Everytime i purchase gift cards. The payment gets held but here is a tip...

Call Paypal up and try talk your way into getting it released. It all depends on who picks up the phone. Majority of the times, I have called paypal up. They have released the funds but once in a while you get one of those tough representatives which suck because you can't talk your way out of it.

Just last week i bought myself a $1,000 gift card. I was expecting it to get flagged so i knew what i was getting myself into.

Funds got held... called PP and sweet talk the rep and funds got released immediately while i was on the phone!

works like a charm most of the times. bad luck if you get a mean paypal representative.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DotDot For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (12-09-2013), sax4 (12-14-2013)
Old 12-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Dotdot, does your account ever get limited doing this? Thanks
Old 12-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

very curious about your answer.

earlier today, i tried to buy $60 of mobile airtime with an fully verified 6 month old account with 1k+ balance from walmart, came back failed verification and paypal shows cancelled transaction. billing information, paypal information with active phone number all the same.
Old 12-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Maybe should stop trying to use paypal to buy stuff from walmart, etc.
Old 12-14-2013

Longevity: 63%

Yes calling always seems to help me in this situation, Even on my own personal Paypal account this happens sometimes, and everytime I call it seems to be a different answer given to me but the majority of times they help me out and release the funds so I can make a purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
I usually divide my stealth accounts to

1/3 withdraw to bank account
1/3 for purchasing items
1/3 for purchasing e-gift cards

I am using verified accounts

Everytime i purchase gift cards. The payment gets held but here is a tip...

Call Paypal up and try talk your way into getting it released. It all depends on who picks up the phone. Majority of the times, I have called paypal up. They have released the funds but once in a while you get one of those tough representatives which suck because you can't talk your way out of it.

Just last week i bought myself a $1,000 gift card. I was expecting it to get flagged so i knew what i was getting myself into.

Funds got held... called PP and sweet talk the rep and funds got released immediately while i was on the phone!

works like a charm most of the times. bad luck if you get a mean paypal representative.
Old 12-16-2013

Longevity: 62%

i have bought wal mart gift cards many times no issues. I buy the product i sell from best buy and newegg and target never had any issues. But im buying a actuall product.