Missing contents from TWO AliExpress via DHL - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 11-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Missing contents from TWO AliExpress via DHL

I've had some luck finding good products from reputable sellers (or so I thought).

I ordered 2 samples of android cell phones from 2 high feedback sellers on AliExpress. I paid extra to have them shipped quickly via DHL.

They took a little bit longer than expected, however I received both of them with no phone inside the packaging, I even went the extra step and opened the second on infront of the DHL courier.

Turns out, they were both shipped from the same supplier.

DHL is still doing a warehouse search for one, but I have submitted a claim with DHL and a dispute with AliExpress in regards. The last DHL rep said I would have issues with the claims process, as the commercial invoice does not state there is a phone in the box. (Which, by the way was opened and checked by customs).

On the waybill, the contents are listed as a bundle, gift handset with no more than 2 batteries. DHL is making it seem like a 'handset' isn't considered a phone.

My experience with English to Hong Kong translation says that's exactly what is it.

Does anyone else have any advice or experience?

I would appreciate it, it's like talking to DHL each and everyday, relaying the same information over and over again.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Missing contents from TWO AliExpress via DHL

Report to your credit card. I have gotten my charges reversed through aliexpress before, it was a close call to me. Wanted to refund, seller didn't want to, but convinced them. Seller was holding on to my money for awhile after that, said to send more stuff, but was just waiting. Raised some flags, so I called the credit cats company, raised a dispute, card reversed the charges. No guarantee, but credit card company was good about it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (11-08-2013), heil86 (11-08-2013), rsot (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Good tip glacier992 - cc will likely protect on no item received fraud report.

I would suggest you speak to your seller - sounds like he/she/they may have pulled a fast one on you too...
Old 11-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yeah, that was going to be my next step. Luckily I had paid with my PayPal mastercard, so I believe I have a 60 day window to see what hoops AliExpress disputes and DHL claims makes me jump through.

Should I give it a couple of days? It's been a week for the first shipment and only 2 days with the second. I filed both claims yesterday, even though the warehouse search hasn't been completed by DHL for the second shipment yet.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

You have a good time window, but when I called my credit card company, they told me to do it right away. It was a Chase credit card. I used to buy into the stories that credit card companies are evil, but this time, I was really appreciative.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Sure it wasn't confiscated / stopped by customs due to the batteries inside?

At any rate, its good to be on your toes, Glacier.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
Sure it wasn't confiscated / stopped by customs due to the batteries inside?

At any rate, its good to be on your toes, Glacier.

Let us know how it turns out.
Yes, I know that's why it was stopped at customs.

However, neither of the packages arrived to me with a phone or batteries.
Just power and headphones. So either they are shipping them without phones or they are "getting lost" along the way.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Yeah, I think thats what happened.
Customs took the phones. Didnt bother to remove the batteries

I had that a long time ago when I bought a few computers.

The seller told me that I would be responsible for customs and such. Never paid it any thought. He knew they would get taken I guess.

He shipped the laptops separate from the batteries and the batteries never arrived and one of the laptops was taken from the box. I only got 2.

dang. At any rate, I hope you get your items or win the dispute.
Old 11-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The two suppliers are requesting an acceptance number or a complaint number. Everything that I have been working with DHL on has been through the waybill number.

Can anyone clarify if they know what these numbers are that have been requested?
I am awaiting a call back from DHL, but I believe they might be closed for the holiday.

Thanks for everyone's input on this.
Old 11-11-2013

Longevity: 63%

If you contacted DHL and they are investigating the package, they will open a case. The number assigned to your case is the COMPLAINT number.
heil86 (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks, I will be calling them to get this number, as they never provided this number to me.
Old 12-03-2013

Longevity: 85%
Send a message via MSN to dstar1230 Send a message via Skype™ to dstar1230

Most seller on aliexpress is honest,especially you found a reputable sellers.The most possible is that someone of DHL take the phones,maybe your seller's DHL forwarder,maybe your country customs.
In this case,I suggest you contact the seller to see whether they will refund some payment.In business,check goods and sign is buyer's duty.But aliexpress now protect buyer well.So you may get refund .

But in fact,I feel very pity of your seller,they will lose money.
Old 12-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstar1230 View Post
The most possible is that someone of DHL take the phones,maybe your seller's DHL forwarder,maybe your country customs.
Those are quite rare events - all these checkpoint steps are pretty highly monitored
Old 12-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

AliExpress has yet to take any action arbitrarily. I have submitted my chargeback request with my credit card company. Again, these were purchased from 2 different sellers with high feedback, both were delivered with shipping label from same address, both without phones. I think this was done purposely as a scam. These phones were $100 less than retail, so I am sure that I am not the only one who has suffered a loss at this point.

DHL has denied both claims as this falls under the responsibility of the shipper, unless they receive written consent to release to the buyer, which both vendors have not done.

I am very unhappy with AliExpress and their role on the situation. I have contacted their support on this issue and they still have not made any attempt towards reaching a resolution in any direction.

ALWAYS ALWAYS pay via Credit Card. This is utter bull****, excuse my french.
Old 12-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Yes, this is one of the good things about aliexpress. Not because it offers great customer service or anything like that, but because you can pay through credit card so that if anything goes wrong, it's the credit card company that's got your back and not aliexpress. Lol.
Old 12-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by heil86 View Post
I have submitted my chargeback request with my credit card company.

ALWAYS ALWAYS pay via Credit Card. This is utter bull****, excuse my french.
Smart move - very smart.
Old 12-10-2013

Longevity: 80%

I filed a claim with aliexpress once and OMG those ppl take forever to handle my case. took a good 6 weeks. ridiculous really how slow they are.
Old 12-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Credit card claim can be faster Gamefreak - in all likelihood ...but could affect further deals with your "account" on Aliexpress...
Old 12-11-2013

Longevity: 80%

Exactly, I'm well aware of what happens with these chinese companies. It wasn't for a lot so i would have mind if i couldn't get the money back. cut my losses and move on. I only file chargebacks for really large amounts. A few hundred is all a part of the experimental process that i don't mind losing out on.
Old 12-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Dont abuse the chargeback by the way - credit card companies don't like many of these and will end the relationship with you if too many are done
Old 12-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Here's my update guys.

I used my PayPal Mastercard to purchase through AliExpress, so I am dealing with those idiots. (PayPal) They want on DHL letterhead that the courier had witnessed me open the package and the contents were missing. I'm ready to go up to the local police precinct and file a police report. I have all my documentation in regards to ordering, conversations with the vendor on AliExpress and DHL during the claims process. The second shipment was from a different supplier, however same shipping label and the package was opened infront of the DHL courier and I was lucky enough to get his DHL badge number and ID number. That should make it a little easier for me to obtain the requested letterhead.

After waiting nearly 6 weeks, as Gamefreak has indicated and an email directly to AliExpress support, I received a response. AliExpress wants a video of me opening the package. WTF, really? I guess now I know to do that with all packages I get delivered to me, but seriously? They expect everyone to video record each package they open?

Does anyone have any experience with dealing with them on things like this?

All this to possibly make $200 leaves me without $600 and nothing but delays, headaches and frustration.

Oh and other news, AliExpress doesn't honor their guaranteed shipping policy either. "Seller will refund you full amount if not delivered within 27 days" 32 days later, finally get half my order, so I open a dispute, it was settled for 10% of the purchase price. I explicitly paid for ePacket (usually arrives in 5 days) and they shipped Singapore post. These Chinese sure know how to milk you for everything you've got.

Yes, I have found some reputable sellers within their marketplace, but I am going to avoid using AliExpress for anything in the future.

Expensive lesson learned the hard way. Don't trust anyone you can't shake hands with and can follow them home if need be.
Old 12-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Check out the protection that Paypal Mastercard offers - this is ugly what they are asking...sad to hear - PP is probably your best and most fruitful option of the 2