What happens to a payment when a seller does not confirm shipment? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-13-2013

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%
Default What happens to a payment when a seller does not confirm shipment?

A buyer places an order, Amazon puts a hold on the buyers card for xx amount.

Holds on a credit card stay in place for 3-5 days. If the seller does not confirm shipment, is that hold dropped on the buyers card?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: What happens to a payment when a seller does not confirm shipment?

Once the item is shipped, the sale is finalized and is no longer for authorization and is currently considered pending. The shipment confirmation should not play a role in billing processing.

I'll leave it to the experts to give better insight, but from my knowledge, this is what I have understood.
Old 12-14-2013
Threadstarter  

yes but what happens to the charge if the seller does not confirm shipment till quite a ways after the original order date?
Old 12-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Personally, I have always used tracking numbers for delivery confirmation purposes. I would have to assume that it's similar to eBay, that after X amount of days passes without a case being opened you are in the clear. Amazon purposely has set payment delays to avoid being shafted by sellers that scam their users.

Actually, I had misplaced a shipment for almost a full month before it was discovered by me and I shipped it out, although I had provided Amazon the tracking number, it was in the initial "shipping information received" for a full month. I hadn't heard anything from the seller and no case was opened.

So, as long as you are not a scammer, you should be okay. If the seller decides to open a case because they have not received the product, that is on you to prove that it was shipped and delivered to the user.

Hope I answered your question, this is to the best of my knowledge and limited experience with Amazon.
Old 12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post

Holds on a credit card stay in place for 3-5 days. If the seller does not confirm shipment, is that hold dropped on the buyers card?
No. Holds are dropped after 30 days if shipment not confirmed.
Old 12-20-2013

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:

AZ authorizes payment. When card is charged cleanly, it shows up in black in your orders for you to ship.

If there is only a "hold" on the card, the order shows in grey and is pending until the card clears.

Once the seller hits "shipped" then the money is released into the sellers account.

That's why we sometimes have pending orders. The buyer's card has not cleared the payment yet.
Old 12-21-2013
Threadstarter  

I had placed an order and the seller said that they ran out of stock and did not have an ETA for shipment but will keep my order. Its still pending as of now...
I only asked because a "hold" is 2-5 days, and if the seller did not confirm shipment in that time frame, would the "hold" fall off and be put back into my available credit on my credit card or would Amazon keep placing new holds?

My fear was that if the "hold" had fallen off, I would end up using up that credit and then when the seller "shipped" the order, Amazon would again try to charge my credit card but it would be denied at this point, and Amazon would come looking for there money.

Now that its been some time, the "hold" has fallen off and I ive maxed out my credit card forgetting about this If the seller ships it soon, Amazon will try to place the charge again and it would either be denied(but already shipped) or go through and I'll have to pay an over the limit charge.
Old 12-21-2013

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
I had placed an order and the seller said that they ran out of stock and did not have an ETA for shipment but will keep my order. Its still pending as of now...
I only asked because a "hold" is 2-5 days, and if the seller did not confirm shipment in that time frame, would the "hold" fall off and be put back into my available credit on my credit card or would Amazon keep placing new holds?

My fear was that if the "hold" had fallen off, I would end up using up that credit and then when the seller "shipped" the order, Amazon would again try to charge my credit card but it would be denied at this point, and Amazon would come looking for there money.

Now that its been some time, the "hold" has fallen off and I ive maxed out my credit card forgetting about this If the seller ships it soon, Amazon will try to place the charge again and it would either be denied(but already shipped) or go through and I'll have to pay an over the limit charge.

That reads a little bit different than the original post in my eyes.
Read it as a seller posting it, not a buyer.

Why not cancel the order until there is stock available, then repurchase it?
Old 12-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
That reads a little bit different than the original post in my eyes.
Read it as a seller posting it, not a buyer.

Why not cancel the order until there is stock available, then repurchase it?
Well, I was selling the same item. Its been discontinued. A large Amazon seller was selling it at my cost I guess to move the product. I was making a nice penny off it so if it "does" come back in stock, it will be very limited.
Although, my guess is the seller will never end up getting more stock.