PayPal requiring me to refund w/o item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-24-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo
Default PayPal requiring me to refund w/o item

Person opened case on paypal and claimed item was not new since item did not come with battery. I had an international version of item which did not include a battery because of the obvious, you can not ship batteries internationally.

I offered a partial refund or they can send back for a refund minus restock fee.

They did nothing. PP held funds. They told buyer they can send it back to me.

1 day before case was about to close automatically, it now requires my attention.

It tells me that they granted his case, and give me one option - to refund him when I get the item.

Theres the bigger joke, I do not see where they added tracking and it is forcing me to refund him - as I have yet to receive anything.

Honestly unsure of my options. Money is already held, and since it has been about 2 weeks since buyer responded, I expected it to auto close, but then this happened.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-24-2013

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: PayPal requiring me to refund w/o item

Bummer Nivo. How much are you talking about loosing?
Old 12-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Push back Nivo - call them if you have to - state clearly that you have NOT received the item back - tell pp not to refund customer until the act is done
Old 12-26-2013

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Push back Nivo - call them if you have to - state clearly that you have NOT received the item back - tell pp not to refund customer until the act is done

I thought calling in usually adds to more problems going by past experience in the majority of the cases?
Old 12-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
Bummer Nivo. How much are you talking about loosing?
It is >$200.
Old 12-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
As other person stated, do you really think it will help?

Also, it is hurting as another user left neg feedback without contacting me.. you gotta love the holidays, best part is that you can tell it is a kid from all of the shorthand.
Old 12-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Generally speaking, avoiding calling PayPal IS a good thing. But that does not mean that Nivo needs to be out of $200+. I don't see any harm in calling or contacting PayPal via email and letting them know the item has not been received. They will ask the buyer to provide a tracking number. If the buyer cannot provide one, then the case will - most likely - be decided in Nivo's favor. I say most likely, because as we all know, when dealing with Ebay/PayPal NOTHING is certain.
Old 12-28-2013

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I say most likely, because as we all know, when dealing with Ebay/PayPal NOTHING is certain.
I would like to chime in on this. One thing is certain; eBay / Paypal are only interested in following their own policies. If you use these policies to your advantage (however screwed up they are) under certain conditions, even lying your way through, you have a certain percentage of success and winning this. I don't know how much of an ass this guy is being, but your course of action should be taken accordingly. In your current position, there's a couple things you can do..

I would call Paypal up to see if the buyer has added tracking in their notes. If he has not, they may request additional details from him or close the case in your favor. If he has added tracking, wait until item has been returned. I'm not sure if the item is above $250, but if they did not use Signature Confirmation they may also be liable (even if the shipment shows as delivered and winds up "missing"), regardless of how you first sent it. If you win this, another thing to keep in mind is that Paypal has been known to make the mistake and reopen cases under different Case IDs at the buyers request. This is against their policies and if you point this out that you've already won a previous case, they will usually correct it.

Last edited by exxomscp; 12-28-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-31-2013

Longevity: 70%

I have had Paypal refund a buyer without return before.
Old 01-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Ya I called and they said they looked over the case. They were leaving it open for a week til he added tracking. I guess they did as it closed and released the funds back to them. But I never got the item back. Looks like it may be happening again on similar item, so fair warning to others.. but it is not anything new.

I love loosing a few $1k around the holidays for no reason