Is this safe? use old Paypal account to pay for new eBay ID's purchases. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-05-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Thumbs up Is this safe? use old Paypal account to pay for new eBay ID's purchases.

Hi.. to all you gurus, i have a question..

I have been a eBay powerseller for years, FB in range of 15,000+, and rating 99% before "ABUSING EBAY" BS suspension, told "no chance of parole" :( after contacting the gold powerseller support. No reason given. just more BS and run around.

I almost gave up on eBay until i found your forum.... there is hope yet!.. okok.. enough venting...

Here are my 3 questions:

1) I started a new eBay account, lets call it account X, using proxy (to hide ip), and its been up for 24 hours. I have an old paypal account (lets call it account Y) that was foolishly linked to one of my buying only eBay accounts (which was, of course, also "Abusing eBay" and suspended, I suspect for no other than being linked to my other suspended selling account). This paypal account Y was opened using my real information, with real bank account and cc card info. I have since logged into the Paypal account Y to remove the LINKED eBay account, which was the old suspended eBay buying account

I added the new email address which I used to start the new eBay account X, to my old paypal account, Y, and confirmed. I did not make this the primary email address on the paypal account Y/

I want to purchase items on eBay with the new eBay account X, can I still make payment using the old Paypal account Y, using eBay checkout? is it safe? what should i be looking out for? i mean, is there something like a hidden account number which is assigned to the paypal account, so that even I make the payment via the new email address added to the old paypal account Y, eBay is still able to see that its the paypal account Y, that is linked to an suspended ebay account? I was not able to log into eBay using the old suspended buying account to UNLINK the paypal account, due to the suspension...

2) is it safe to open emails eBay sends? i know they can figure out my IP by displaying the pictures in the emails...

what about using webmail to see these emails like using AOL's webmail? is that safe using IE or Firefox? or should that be also limited to using AOL's browser? what is the safe procedure on how to handle eBays emails?

3) has anyone had problems with sending emails using AOL's email account? I signed up for 2 aol email "screen names" (email accounts) and was ok to send out mail. then, i got error message "cannot send email with this account" using AOL's software, and "Error sending message" using aol webmail. now i cannot send mail with either of the aol mail accounts. can receive mail fine though.. any way on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for any input.. keep up the great work! much to be learned here!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2007

Longevity: 98%

Paypal and ebay are now totally integrated. They are one. I would not use a paypal account that was associated with a naru account with a new account. The safety of ebay emails has been hotly debated. Make sure all cookies are gone before opening and watch your isp addresses if you are accessing more than one account. Aol recently had a big software upgrade and it screwed up a lot of things. Try reinstalling the aol software.
Old 07-05-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelin snarky View Post
Paypal and ebay are now totally integrated. They are one. I would not use a paypal account that was associated with a naru account with a new account. The safety of ebay emails has been hotly debated. Make sure all cookies are gone before opening and watch your isp addresses if you are accessing more than one account. Aol recently had a big software upgrade and it screwed up a lot of things. Try reinstalling the aol software.
Yeah i messed up. I logged in into my 2nd account on my 1st account ip address. Now i'm linked. Be careful when using more then 1 acount.
Old 07-06-2007
Threadstarter  

Yeah, but isn't it true that alot of ppl on this forum have been saying that you can add the email address of the new eBay account to your exsisting Paypal account, and still use without any problems?

also, if they are indeed as you say the 2 entities are completely one now, then one should also not access the new eBay account, and old paypal account using same IP session?
Old 07-06-2007
Threadstarter  

so its ok to use ebay CHECKOUT and type in the same eBay email address (used to set up the new eBay account) which was added to the old paypal account, to complete the payment for item purchased off eBay? wouldn't that link the 2 accounts (new eBay + old Paypal) together? after all, its still the same Paypal account, just with at different email address added...

also, i had linked this old paypal account to my old suspended eBay account before... and since i was suspended, i unlinked this old Paypal account to the old NARU'ed eBay account, through the Profile section. I did not link, nor will I ever link, the old paypal account to the new eBay account.
Old 07-12-2007

DO NOT use Paypal to pay through ebay's checkout system. This includes using your Paypal account to pay for items won and for seller fees. I just got my Paypal acct and my ebay account suspended within a couple of hours of each other. My ebay account was linked to a prior suspended ID through the Paypal account, and this was because I stupidly used the Paypal account to pay for an item I won on ebay through the checkout system.

The ebay account had no connections to the previous account-- new name, address, credit card, ip address... the only way it could have happened was through the Paypal link.
Old 07-12-2007
Banned

Humm, never happen to me and I do it all the time