Sending my products to Amazon? Questions. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-27-2013
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Sending my products to Amazon? Questions.

I've seen pictures of warehouses online, were I guess people send off boxes of items that are resold.

Do you do the selling or is it random people? Or amazon itself?

Ebay is starting to get to me at times. I feel like I am dealing with "Walmart customers with IQ less then 10" at times.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Sending my products to Amazon? Questions.

amazon buyers have IQs of 25

Can be more lethal
Old 12-27-2013
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
amazon buyers have IQs of 25

Can be more lethal
Oh sh*t! They've got up a knotch.

But the products being shipped directly to them, does that work out to be good or not really?
Old 01-02-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidCommerce View Post
Hi GhostWhoWalks,

It sounds like you're referring to FBA, or Fulfillment By Amazon.

Amazon's got fulfillment centers all over the country, where they hold inventory and provide order fulfillment services for third-party sellers. So it could very well be both. Some sellers hold their inventory in FBA and then rely on Amazon to get it sold for them, while others might sell items that they don't actually have in THEIR physical inventory. These items will then be "fulfilled by Amazon" and delivered to the customer from one of these Amazon fulfilment centers (as opposed to the order being fulfilled & shipped from the seller's inventory and/or facilities).

Of course, if you're wanting to diversify, the two marketplaces don't have to be mutually exclusive. You can use an inventory & operations management tool like Solid Commerce to make sure that things like your inventory and fulfillment situations stay on track, even if you're selling on more than one marketplace (or your very own webstore).

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out via PM for more information; I'm here to help.
Thank you that was really good. I'll look more into it.
Old 01-03-2014

Longevity: 64%

FBA has gone through some major overhauls lately. Their policies have changed quite a bit in the past couple months. First of all, the new "create a plan" system is a POS compared to the old system. Once you start a plan, you cannot even add new products to it. The flexibility of the system is utter trash and was put in place this way to prevent people from exploiting the system. Exploits were thus fixed, but at a major cost. It's amazing how crappy their tech team seems to be.

Also, the FBA system used to be more separate from sellercentral. Now, if you get a warning from FBA by messing something up, your sellercentral can get dinged as well. If you mess up with FBA, your selling privileges can be revoked for a month after the first warning... and permanently if you continue to raise red flags. FBA manager's words, not mine.

FBA has also limited their box weight to 50 lbs., from the recent 70 lbs. limit. If you ship them a 53 lbs. box, expect a warning or phone call.

FBA has gone majorly downhill, but at the same time, Amazon doing certain things to give sellers incentive to using FBA, such as making featured harder to get (or easier to lose), and giving buybox to the FBA at higher selling percentages over the next lowest non-FBA.

In conclusion, using FBA all depends on YOU and what YOU'RE selling. The weight, the competition, the price, etc. If there isn't much competition on most of your listings, your volume isn't through the room, and your items are cheap to ship, and/or sold at cheap prices, I would seriously consider staying AWAY from FBA.
Old 01-05-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
FBA has gone through some major overhauls lately. Their policies have changed quite a bit in the past couple months. First of all, the new "create a plan" system is a POS compared to the old system. Once you start a plan, you cannot even add new products to it. The flexibility of the system is utter trash and was put in place this way to prevent people from exploiting the system. Exploits were thus fixed, but at a major cost. It's amazing how crappy their tech team seems to be.

Also, the FBA system used to be more separate from sellercentral. Now, if you get a warning from FBA by messing something up, your sellercentral can get dinged as well. If you mess up with FBA, your selling privileges can be revoked for a month after the first warning... and permanently if you continue to raise red flags. FBA manager's words, not mine.

FBA has also limited their box weight to 50 lbs., from the recent 70 lbs. limit. If you ship them a 53 lbs. box, expect a warning or phone call.

FBA has gone majorly downhill, but at the same time, Amazon doing certain things to give sellers incentive to using FBA, such as making featured harder to get (or easier to lose), and giving buybox to the FBA at higher selling percentages over the next lowest non-FBA.

In conclusion, using FBA all depends on YOU and what YOU'RE selling. The weight, the competition, the price, etc. If there isn't much competition on most of your listings, your volume isn't through the room, and your items are cheap to ship, and/or sold at cheap prices, I would seriously consider staying AWAY from FBA.
Sounds like prison!