confirming bank account instantly with stealth account??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-18-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default confirming bank account instantly with stealth account???

I would imagine it wouldn't be too safe to do so but can you confirm a bank account(in my real name) with a stealth Paypal account in a made up name? Is it all automated or does a representative actually confirm the bank account details and see your real name? It says on that Paypal will not save the information. Has anyone ever done this???

Confirm instantly

If you have online banking with TD BANK, NA, we can confirm your account instantly.

We'll ask you to provide your bank login information on the next page.

Note: PayPal will not save this information.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Its safe.
With instant verification they cannot see the name on the account.
BUT
There are banks out there that have an issue when you withdraw the money into your account if it the name it came from doesnt match the name on the bank account.
There are several threads about this on the forums discussing which banks are safe and which are not for this purpose.
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

PP ONLY sees the name you give them /period.

Whichever way you choose to verify will be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (07-20-2012)
Old 01-02-2014

Longevity: 70%
Default Re: confirming bank account instantly with stealth account???

So no risk of doing this on multiple accounts?
Old 01-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Personally I rather do 2-3 day verification.
Old 01-02-2014

Longevity: 59%

Its a 3rd party paypal uses. All it does is log in just like u do,once the system says login sucessful it logs out,reports to paypal that "yep this guy must have permission to use this account because the log in credentials were sucessful"
Then seconds later paypal tells you congrats....

I have 5 accounts at navy federal. Same log in and did instant verify for them all, and they all have same log in details. Did this 7 years ago. No problems
Old 03-28-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 60%

Update for those who my be curious about this question but did not get specific answer.

I just used TD bank instant verification and it worked fine. The stealth account was under a TOTALLY DIFFERENT NAME than my bank account
Old 03-29-2014

Longevity: 62%

Better read the terms By clicking Confirm Instantly, I agree to the instant bank account confirmation terms and conditions.

Instant Bank Account Confirmation Terms and Conditions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Instant Bank Account Confirmation Service ("Service") is intended to verify that you are authorized to use the bank account you have linked to your PayPal account. Your use of the Service is subject to the terms of the PayPal User Agreement, the PayPal Privacy Policy, and these Instant Bank Account Confirmation Terms and Conditions. By proceeding to use the Service, you agree to be bound by the Instant Bank Account Confirmation Terms and Conditions.

PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your accounts maintained at third party institutions, and you agree to not misrepresent your identity or your account information.

THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS. By using the Service, you authorize PayPal and its supplier Yodlee, Inc. ("Yodlee") to access third party sites designated by you, on your behalf, to retrieve information requested by you, or as required by PayPal to confirm your bank account. For all purposes hereof, you hereby grant PayPal and Yodlee a limited power of attorney, and you hereby appoint PayPal and Yodlee as your true and lawful attorney-in-fact and agent, with full power of substitution and re-substitution, for you and in your name, place and stead, in any and all capacities, to access third party internet sites, servers or documents, retrieve information, and use your information, all as described above, with the full power and authority to do and perform each and every act and thing requisite and necessary to be done in connection with such activities, as fully to all intents and purposes as you might or could do in person. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN PAYPAL OR YODLEE ACCESSES AND RETRIEVES INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SITES, PAYPAL AND YODLEE ARE ACTING AS YOUR AGENT, AND NOT THE AGENT OR ON BEHALF OF THE THIRD PARTY. You agree that third party account providers shall be entitled to rely on the foregoing authorization, agency and power of attorney granted by you. You understand and agree that the Service is not endorsed or sponsored by any third party account providers accessible through Service.

USE OF RESULTS LIMITED. You agree that the results of the Instant Bank Account Confirmation are for use by you and PayPal only in connection with the PayPal Service, on PayPal's website.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTY. PAYPAL AND YODLEE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER PAYPAL NOR YODLEE NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES, ACCOUNT PROVIDERS OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF PAYPAL OR YODLEE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.

INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify PayPal and Yodlee and their affiliates from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys fees) caused by or arising from your use of the Service, your violation of these terms, and/or your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.

You agree that Yodlee is a third party beneficiary of the above provisions, with all the rights to enforce such provisions as if Yodlee were a party to this Agreement.
Old 03-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

I wouldn't do it. Why would you want instant verification? You only get one username per bank. What if you have 6 accts with the bank? You're going to verify all 6 with one username? You're basically wasting a while bank institution if you do this. Just wait out the 3 days, get 5-6 stealths going at a bank.
Old 03-29-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
I wouldn't do it. Why would you want instant verification? You only get one username per bank. What if you have 6 accts with the bank? You're going to verify all 6 with one username? You're basically wasting a while bank institution if you do this. Just wait out the 3 days, get 5-6 stealths going at a bank.
I actually used instant verification before with 6 accounts from the same bank and they are all good and it was the same bank I used for my suspended original account about a year and a half and they are still all ok. And I Mean same bank same user log in but all different bank accounts

As of now I don't think that instant verification is causing links, but I always prefer waiting the two days , just wanted to try it
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (07-31-2014)
Old 03-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Dmshark25, you are brave.
Old 03-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I actually used instant verification before with 6 accounts from the same bank and they are all good and it was the same bank I used for my suspended original account about a year and a half and they are still all ok. And I Mean same bank same user log in but all different bank accounts

As of now I don't think that instant verification is causing links, but I always prefer waiting the two days , just wanted to try it
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014

Longevity: 62%

hey mm78 let me steel your avatar buddy!
Old 03-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Personally I rather do 2-3 day verification.
Slower and safe can long term be better.

Old 03-30-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Definitely 2-3 day wait for micro deposits is the way to go, especially after reading that u give power of attorney to paypal and the other company who it seems have every right to take your money after and not be blamed

I just like trying different things on accounts , getting first hand experience, it lets me pick up little tricks here and there, but is don't recommend this If ur just starting out, once u get ur accounts up and running and always take the long route no short cuts, after that it's always fun to have experimental accounts , I have learned a lot
Old 03-31-2014

Longevity: 63%

I have always been paranoid with instant verification, and would rather wait 2-3 days.

In my experience, as soon as the amounts hit the bank even if they are pending, you are good to go.
Old 03-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

That's cool to know, but I still don't think i will trust it. With having to wait a lil while before listing, the 2-3 day confirmation still seems safer to me.