What are my chances of getting my REAL PayPal account back? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default What are my chances of getting my REAL PayPal account back?

So it's been a little over a year since my legit PayPal/eBay account were banned, and while the stealth game has been going pretty good for me, lately I've been wondering if it might be possible to get my original eB/PP account back through appeals.

I got banned back in 2012 for stupidity on my part, I went AFK from my business without putting up notices or taking down my items off eBay. What happened is about 40 buyers went untended, their items unshipped and they had to opened up eBay buyer claims to get their money back. All of these items were $~10 worth.

Now I was honestly AFK, no activity was done on my eBay or PayPal; No money was spent/transfered, and everyone who didn't get their item was refunded without my PayPal going in the negative. I left with no debts on my eBay or PayPal.

So today, I'm thinking the reasons I was banned weren't that big a deal, as I wasn't trying to 'run' with the money, and I made sure everything was accounted for, I was just having some very bad issues in my personal life which caused me to 'turn a blind eye' to everything, which is why I didn't tend to my business.

So do you guys think, given my story, it's worth the effort to write an appeal/contact CS? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt, but I guess I'm also trying to get some insight/advice/tips on what to say in my appeals or any success stories, what have you.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: What are my chances of getting my REAL PayPal account back?

Worth a go, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a positive result, but stranger things have happened.
Old 12-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Agree with James,

Around 1%

But it never hurts to try.
Old 12-12-2013

Longevity: 61%

Paypal froze my account a couple months ago because they claimed they had tried to reach me via phone without success. I only had a couple hundred bucks in there but it was honestly earned through sales of jewelry on Ebay. I was furious and wrote a lot of negative comments to them. I even posted the "paypal Christmas" video on their facebook site. I just knew that I would never get my money. Then a couple of weeks ago they notified me that their investigation was over and my account had been unfrozen. Well I hurried up and spent the money in case they changed their mind, but so far everything is okay. However, Ebay in the meantime linked me to an old account and restricted me from selling to buying only. So I agree that it never hurts to try.
Old 12-30-2013

Longevity: 73%

I messed up my real ebay account up about 4 years ago I decided to log back on and check on it about 9 months ago as soon as I paid what I owed to ebay they cleared my account right off the bat I was happy about that and I cleared up my paypal issues as well..it can and has been done my friend
Old 01-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 67%

Well I got it back :D

Sent a sob story to them via email (AUP@paypal.com) where I explained the situation I was in when I made the mistakes and how I've changed over the past year and pledged if allowed back would do every transaction 100% by the books. It took 3 weeks to reply but they reinstated my account.

Unfortunately the linked ebay account that also got suspended the same day seems to be an absolute no-go so my reacquired legit PP won't actually be useful until I get time to start my out-of-ebay practice.
Old 01-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Congratulations Mitsu - you can use the PP for other things but glad you got it back
Old 01-04-2014

Longevity: 70%

Mitsu
if you dont mind could you show me the email you sent
as i am in the exact same situation as you
and hoping i can get mine back

thanks
Old 01-04-2014

Longevity: 63%

I also want to see this letter, if it possible, show it.
Old 01-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler_afg View Post
Mitsu
if you dont mind could you show me the email you sent
as i am in the exact same situation as you
and hoping i can get mine back

thanks
I wouldn't copy someone else's email.

eBay/PayPal CAN be forgiving in some situations, like if a user has a good record with no issues and suddenly drops off the face of the earth and it turns out they were unexpectedly hospitalized.

My guess is that there were no other issues with Mitsu's account. If there were, I don't think he would have gotten it back.

I would just write a sob story letter telling them that I was in the hospital at that time but have recovered from my accident (or illness) and am physically OK again. If there are other issues, you need to address them as well. But an account with multiple issues is unlikely to be restored.