LLC, EIN and Mac Address changing randomly? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Question LLC, EIN and Mac Address changing randomly?

I'm applying for a LLC with a EIN. I was wondering if I will be linked if I use
the business card with the LLC name on it? I figure I would do to my real name and address being on the credit card.

This is my first time on the forum so I wanted to post another quick question.
I have been having an issue with my mac address changing on me using the same numbers in my router. Will this flag Amazon to shut me down? If so how do I go about this not happening? I know for Ebay it's not a big deal.

Thank you and hope to hear from you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-05-2014

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: LLC, EIN and Mac Address changing randomly?

How can your router an PC have the same MAC address? Not possible.
Old 01-05-2014

Longevity: 59%

You cannot change the MAC address they are permanent by design. You can modify them or "spoof " them which basically just tells the operating system to REPORT a different MAC address, but this doesn't replace the original MAC address. MAC addresses are PHYSICAL address' meaning they are specific to the physical device, in this case your router. For example some internet providers bind their service to a specific MAC address. If you get a new Network interface card (NIC) or router you will lose the service however you can spoof the MAC address so to the one recognized by the internet provider so you will get service. This is not permanent if you spoof the MAC of your NIC as soon as you reboot it will revert to the MAC address PHYSICALLY STORED on the card. If you spoof the MAC of your router as soon as the router is rebooted it will revert back to the MAC PHYSICALLY Stored in the router. MAC=PHYSICAL address

IP address is not physical it is LOGICAL, these can be changed permanently. Because IP addresses are LOGICAL they are not physically stored in the system like MAC addresses are. They can be Static IP's meaning they will always stay the same, but most likely they are Dynamic meaning they change. Dynamic IP addresses are assigned with the DHCP protocol. In most cases you cannot change your REAL IP because the DHCP configurations are controlled by your Internet provider. You will see your IP as something like 192.168.0.1 but that is not your real IP it's just the IP your provider provided to you through a mask because there aren't enough ipv4 addresses to go around.. Your REAL IP is something different you can find it with Google. The main difference from your real IP and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is that your REAL IP is what is used by the Wide Area Network (WAN), so that other routers can reach you, think of your real IP as you OUTSIDE Identity. Your IP that looks something like 192.168.0.1 is your Local Area Network (LAN) IP it is used so that you can be reached by other computers WITHIN YOUR LOCAL NETWORK, think of this as your INSIDE identity. It is unique within the LAN only but other peoples LAN will distribute IP's that are likely the exact same. If your at home and you have a router, that is your LAN other people connected to your LAN can reach you with your local IP, when you surf the internet your router converts your local IP to you REAL IP (NAT) to be used on the Wide Area network (WAN). The reason is bc there are now hundreds of millions of internet users, so obviously everybody cannot get their own. NAT or network address translation is a process where your router takes the local IP and converts the to the REAL IP given to the router, it is the same REAL IP for everybody within the LAN unless configured otherwise.

So now you can see that you can spoof your LAN IP but unless your internet provider allows it (which they likely don't) your REAL IP is still the same. To spoof either the MAC or IP address you use ipconfig (ifconfig for linux/mac osx). Your MAC is physically stored and CANNOT be permanently changed, Your IP can be permanently changed in but it is likely you won't be able to, permanently change your REAL or external IP you will have to request a Static IP from your ISP. Or tether or dongle

I know you did not talk about ip addresses but wanted to tie it all together for you

So to say its the same address is impossible

Last edited by mercedesjeep; 01-05-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2014

Longevity: 77%

I tried reading th post above but just couldn't I'm afraid.

To make it simple amazon do not track your MAC address. You do not need to be concerned with this. However I get the feeling you are confusing the MAC address with your ip. Your ip is something that needs to be changed but in most cases is fairly simple.
Old 01-05-2014

Sorry just read the above post again. Please just ignore the whole thing. It's so technical I have not got a clue if it is correct but I know changing your ip, at least to fool amazon is one of the easiest steps involved. If you have a dynamic router it's as easy as turning the thing off. No offenc mercedesjeep but that post was waaaaaaay too technical for the majority of people to follow. Me included
Old 01-05-2014

Changing your ip address is never hard. Ever. Its always simple. Don't worry about not being able to read it. I'm not offended. I just realized after I wrote it. Lol. I was on a roll. Sorry

He has dynamic ip. Don't ask me how I know. That's not imortant. Its dynamic ip looks like from cable company. Reset the router.

Last edited by mercedesjeep; 01-05-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2014

Yeah I wasn't trying to offend. I've researched this stuff a lot and as to your first post, yes it did go over my head. I'm sure you are perfectly correct but there is no chance a newby is going to have a clue what you are saying. Plus it's not really needed.

Basically

Mac: is not tracked by amazon

Ip: easy to change

Edit, more importantly op seems to be confusing ip with Mac. As you say mac will not be continuously changing and it's also unlikely op is tracking their mac addressees. I'd guess they are looking at their ip

Last edited by barrycruan; 01-05-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Old 01-05-2014

Yeah belong to hacker forum and did not pay attention to which forum I was on answering the question. My bad. This tapatalk app is not the best. Lol

Last edited by mercedesjeep; 01-05-2014 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-05-2014

Ha fair enough. I will,give it another read when Im more awake. Always good to know more.
Old 01-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Question IP Address changing randomly?

I meant to say spoofing the IP address as well I use a virtual terminal.
VMWARE Fusion to create another computer for each account. I created
a new Amazon account putting the numbers in my router being say:

08 - 87 - 1F - D1 - 23 - 40 and reset the cable modem and router.
I go to IP burger get the new number that is assigned then I create
a new account through the terminal. What I'm curious is why does
the number flip-flop for one IP that I set every couple of days?

I'm more concerned Amazon would shut me down for having this
IP not being consistent. But again this IP is only associated with
The VMWare - Linux/Ubuntu computer that connects to Amazon.

Thank you for all the answers and replies above I could never take
offense to your replies.

Any thoughts now that I'm being a touch more specific.
The Following User Says Thank You to FRANK BACON For This Useful Post:
entohouse (05-23-2015)
Old 01-05-2014

Dont need same ip. You can use 500 ips in 500 days as long as those ips are not being used on another amazon account
Old 01-05-2014
Threadstarter  

@mercdesjeep Thanks!!!
Old 01-05-2014

Your welcome. Good luck
Old 01-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Default EIN/LLC Business Card for registration

@mercdesjeep

My first account which I had for two years I used just my social for tax reasons.
I would like to be somewhat legit by getting a EIN (DBA) or (LLC). Once I get the business account and company named registered I have the intention to open and Amazon Ghost account say with the company name "GOODS." First
does my company name registered have to be the same name opposed to the storefront on Amazon when I put in my tax info? Second would I be able to register with Amazon the business card which would have my company name "GOODS?" Will Amazon see the connection? I feel like they would due to the fact my real name would be on the business card, but as a LLC I would hope it would operate differently.

Hope to hear from you or anyone else that might have an answer regarding this question.
Old 01-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjeep View Post
You cannot change the MAC address they are permanent by design
Wrong, You CAN change the MAC address if you have the proper software from MFG.