Buying UK Stealth account and using in Thailand. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 01-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Buying UK Stealth account and using in Thailand.

Hi

I am a UK citizen and after moving to Thailand I set up an Ebay and Paypal account in the UK, which were linked to a UK bank account.

After 2 years of non use I then linked the Paypal account to a Thailand Bank account instead of the UK bank account..

After selling for 2 months, Ebay emailed me saying that I needed to contact their Singapore office who told me that I needed to change my Ebay account details from UK to Thailand (which I did).

I have been selling about 1 year now with no need of a VPN or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ IP address etc.

My question.....

If I were to buy a stealth account from one of the many reputable sellers here (hopefully UK account) would I be able to use in Thailand without the use of a VPN type software (as I am doing now)

Maybe it doesnt matter, but I want a UK account for use in Thailand (rather than a USA account etc) as I have found it a lot easier to contact staff in the UK and also the UK has a chat program rather than having to email/call.)

With regards to this chat program in the UK....can anybody use it or is it only for UK users to use?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2014

Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo
Default Re: Buying UK Stealth account and using in Thailand.

If you get another UK account but use a Thailand IP, they will link you again telling you to change. VPS may be your best bet - As I am unsure how dongles in that area would work which may work better, but I believe they still say an approximate area to where you are.

Chat programs are not offered to a lot of people, like they got rid of it for the US. Unsure about others.
Old 01-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Hi Nivo and thanks for the quick reply.

I am currently not using stealth, as my original account is working fine at the moment (but has a few concerns, hence the reason I'm looking into stealth).

My account has no problems whatsoever using regular internet in Thailand on an account that was opened in the UK (over the internet/phone from Thailand).

What I need to know is will this be the case if I open a stealth account and try to do the same or do I need VPS (and if so...why? as I dont use it now and selling lots on ebay for a long time)

The add on question is, if only U.K. ebay has the chat program, can any member from USA for example use this to sort out their problem or is it only for UK customers?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbledegook View Post
Hi Nivo and thanks for the quick reply.

I am currently not using stealth, as my original account is working fine at the moment (but has a few concerns, hence the reason I'm looking into stealth).

My account has no problems whatsoever using regular internet in Thailand on an account that was opened in the UK (over the internet/phone from Thailand).

What I need to know is will this be the case if I open a stealth account and try to do the same or do I need VPS (and if so...why? as I dont use it now and selling lots on ebay for a long time)

The add on question is, if only U.K. ebay has the chat program, can any member from USA for example use this to sort out their problem or is it only for UK customers?

Thanks
If you plan on using one country's IP, then you should use the same type of ebay site. If you do not wish to do this i.e a person from HK wants to sell on full US site, they need a vps from the US.

Simply because ebay can tell where your ISP, in hence you, are located.

A person could get on another country's chat if they know the URL which is not hard with google, but they can not do much other than answer simple questions since your not "with them." At least from my experience.

Though if your account was in UK, and your IP your using stays in UK, then you could use UK chat fully.
Old 01-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks....but like I said, I already do this and do not use VPN/VPS etc.

I simply use my ebay.co.uk account on Thailand's internet.

I sell from Thailand saying item is located in Thailand.

Just wanted to know if it was the same for stealth accounts....and if not what is different?
Old 01-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbledegook View Post
Thanks....but like I said, I already do this and do not use VPN/VPS etc.

I simply use my ebay.co.uk account on Thailand's internet.

I sell from Thailand saying item is located in Thailand.

Just wanted to know if it was the same for stealth accounts....and if not what is different?
Stealth accounts are same as real accounts.. just usually different names..