funds stuck in limited paypal stealth account but paypal wants a phone verification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-07-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Skype™ to ishwri
Default funds stuck in limited paypal stealth account but paypal wants a phone verification

Hello, I have an limited stealth paypal account, that has passed the 180 day limit. The account has $500 in it. I tried to place a new 360 account in the paypal to transfer the funds, but they wanted to do a phone verification. Obviously The phone number is stealth. Is there a way around this? Can I use a tracfone? Do I need a landline? thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2014

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: funds stuck in limited paypal stealth account but paypal wants a phone verificati

well if you want to try to get the funds you will need to contact them I would say get a tracphone get a number that has the same zip code as the paypal account and call them with this phone and have all your details about the account ready and hope it goes well that's all you can do...
Old 01-08-2014

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: funds stuck in limited paypal stealth account but paypal wants a phone verificati

Yes you'll want to call them. I tried numbers with this and they wouldn't work, the guy verified that the name on the phone has to match the paypal name in a database they use or it wont even call you to verify (I tried like 10 numbers) so unless you have a line in that name that you've had for a while you have to call in. A tracphone should work I'd think, I used a friend's cell when I did it. Just be sure you have your info together, name, b-day, etc. so you can answer when they ask you and sound natural.
Old 01-09-2014

did you get the bank added, but just can't withdraw? if so try to withdraw again but only $50 or $75 at a time, if that works, then once it clears the bank, withdraw again but only in those small amounts until you have it all out, happened to me on a couple of accounts, and that is what worked for me. Never called in.
Old 01-10-2014

I think he's saying they want to do phone verify for adding bank account, that's what happened to me.
Old 01-11-2014

Longevity: 64%

Tracfone, Tracfone, Tracfone. welcome to the forum and best of luck to you. You can also buy Walmart Vanilla Visa gift cards using pp.
Old 01-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
Tracfone, Tracfone, Tracfone. welcome to the forum and best of luck to you. You can also buy Walmart Vanilla Visa gift cards using pp.
If they want to verify a phone number/your location then ya that will work, you don't even need a tracfone there are free apps you can use as well. I dealt with this (as have others see my thread) when they're saying they need to call you during adding a bank account you essentially need a a land line where your name matches on their database or it wont send the code. These are two different processes this is not the same one where you can use any number with the right zip code (or have the option of getting a pin in the mail). The only workaround found for this is calling into them and you should be fine if you know your info they will manually add your bank account for you (plus if you're already limited you don't really have anything to lose). This usually occurs when there is already flags on your account.
Old 01-11-2014

try a different bank, couple of times I was trying to add a bank that didn't work with paypal anymore, meta bank for one, and they wanted me to call, switched to a bank of america account, no problem......I have a 360 account but haven't tried adding it to a paypal yet, will try this weekend and see if it goes ok..
Old 01-12-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Be careful with capital one 360, I recently opened one up verified it added 12 different withdrawals from paypal total ink $3K all in about 6 day stretch 3 weeks ago, I went made my first cap one withdrawal and they closed my account, it took over a week of arguing for them to release my funds and paypal was my real name but it was a business account which I had documents with my EIN name and business name and they still said by law there's nothing they can do, I called every hour for a week finally got the right person and money was returned the next day to paYpal all over mismatch name that I have documents for however whether the night before target being breached and 50 million credit cards stolen had anything to do with this extreme security I'll never know
Old 01-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Skype™ to ishwri

Thanks for the responses. I guess the problem was that I was trying to access my funds on paypal with a different IP address. Paypal flagged my account, so I couldnt add a new bank account. I have since then switched back to the original VPN I used for the account. I have successfully withdrawal but im having issues capital one. Apparently they dont allow mismatch names.