Item Location... is it safe to list outside USA? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Item Location... is it safe to list outside USA?

this is one question i have not been able to find a clear answer to...

we all know its easy and safe to set up US based accounts in order to list on EB*com. however, as a honest seller, what if Im a seller that drop ships from outside of the US? before my first permanent suspension, i remembered something about listing being pulled on one of my PS accounts, for inaccurate item location description. (for instance, if the item is shipped from Japan, I put item location as US, USA, but stated in the listing that the item will be shipped from Japan) so my customers know what to expect. Then they told me that i had to list the country as where the item was actually located./shipped from.

... my questions is.... lets say if I use a US based account, to list on eBay*com without linking paypal, but put item location as Tokyo, Japan, will that cause any problems ? raise any flags?

has anyone had any experience with this?

thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2008
Threadstarter  

i live in canada
i list on eb*com with us reg accounts
i want to list item location as japan, as item actually ships from there.
Old 03-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 95%

Write it in your listing, it's safer, use the verbage that buyer may be responsible for customs duties, etc, as this item comes direct from our warehouse in Japan.
Or please allow xxx days for your item to arrive as it comes directly to you from our state of the art warehouse in Japan.
Old 03-17-2008
Threadstarter  

thats not going to work in the long run..

i had an account before that i did that on.. had all listings removed by eB for inaccurate item location.
Old 03-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

It works for me. I have sold about 800 products like that.
Old 03-17-2008
Threadstarter  

so has anyone tried to list on ebay*com with a ebay*ca registered account?

any limitations, linking requirements, or other crap?
Old 03-17-2008

Longevity: 93%

I listed on ebay.co.uk and ebay.au with ebay US account, before I got suspended.

Just login to those sites with your user name and password, and list. Proper currency is automatically selected.
Old 03-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 95%

but I believe imjustme registers for us ebay accounts, right?

Also you can list on most ebay sites while being registered on ebay.com, except ebay india, in my experience.
Old 07-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
I listed on ebay.co.uk and ebay.au with ebay US account, before I got suspended.

Just login to those sites with your user name and password, and list. Proper currency is automatically selected.
I think thats only if you have a PP account linked to your eB.. then you can list internationally..
Old 07-18-2008

Longevity: 91%

You have to specify your item location as Tokyo , Japan, not USA, USA, not a description in item page.

I used to report my competitor's 400 listings to eBay for the item location misrepresent , eBay pulled them all.

You never know who is watching your items, you should always make sure everything in your listing is exactly following eBay's policy , otherwise , you will be trouble someday,

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-18-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2008

Modee, I think Van Player is trying to misrepresent the item location.

it is true, if you list your item as NY, USA for example, your listing will be visible in ebay Express.com and your items will receive much more exposure.

But eBay will catch you or your competitor will report it to eBay someday and BAMP^%$#, your account will be killed.

Let's assume the item location is Tokyo, Japan. I used to describe my items in this way, "My company in Tokoy, Japan"

but eBay doesn't like it and removed lots of my listings and gave me lots of warnings.

So i have to change it back to "Tokoy, Japan"
Old 07-18-2008
Threadstarter  

yes.. you are right. that is exactly why I DONT WANT TO misrepresent the item location. I have had some experience with this before, whereby I used CUSTOM location (but USA as the country), like TOKYO, JAPAN, - USA...

however, it only worked for a while before someone (i assume competitor) reported to eB, and then eB suspended few listings as warning and told me to change it.

My question, if you read my original post, is to ask if anyone has every tried to list OUTSIDE the USA as the item location if the item is not shipped from US, so as to NO misrepresent the "item location" part... to list the item location as where ever the item is actually being shipped from, and to list this on eB*com, the native US registration site. The account, of course, is registered in US. on eB*com. I want to know if this is safe thing to do.. or will this raise red flags on the US eB account in question. Has anyone tried this before? or has had any success with this?
Old 07-18-2008

As per my sad experience, the only correct approach is "to list the item location as where ever the item is actually being shipped from". Do not even think about take a chance to misrepresent item location. some buyers will leave this feedback, "Nice item, but shipped from Japan, not USA, btw"

As I said, if the item location is in USA, it will automatically receive exposure from eBay Express. if item location is not in USA, your item will receive much less exposure, and receive less bids. But that is the only safe way to sell on eBay in long run.

Customer and eBay all like to know where will actually the item be shipped from, except sellers like us.

I used to make a test, select 5 items and change the item location to USA (let's say GROUP A), other item locations are non-USA location (GROUP B) .

GROUP A items sold 2-3 times faster than GROUP B items, but I finally have to change the location back
Old 07-18-2008

I read your initial post again.

lets say if you use a US based account, to list on eBay*com without linking paypal, but put item location as Tokyo, Japan, that is the only safe way. if you don't list your item in this way, it will raise flags,
Old 07-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes,, that is what I intend to do... and IMO that is also the only safe way to do for longevity... however, i just wanted to check with others on this forum see if it has been done before with extended success.. or not... thats all. Cheers!