Account suspended in 2010..Will they really reopen it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-11-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Account suspended in 2010..Will they really reopen it?

Had my account suspended back in '10 for some bs fees that that were automatically drawn from my paypal to begin with..but almost 4 years later I'm needing my own ebay account again..so I checked my last email from them and this is what is says:

Dear XxxXXxx:
Your eBay fees of $ 46.13 for your user account XxxXxxx are severely past due. Because you are delinquent in paying your fees, we have suspended your eBay account. Your current listings have been ended and you are no longer a member of the eBay Community.
You must pay your eBay fees immediately. Please follow the steps below:
Just follow these steps:
1. Log on to http://www.ebay.com/
2. Click the My eBay tab at the top of the page and sign in.
3. Click on the "Account" tab to view your account summary and invoice and click the "one-time payment" link at the bottom of the page to make a one-time payment.
If you do not have access to your account or prefer not to pay online, please mail your payment with your payment coupon or a copy of this notice to the address below and clearly state your account ID (Exxxxxxxxxxx) on the check.
eBay, Inc.
P.O. Box 2179
Carol Stream, IL 60132-2179
United States
If this past due balance is the only reason for restricting your account, it will be reopened for bidding and listing when your full payment is received. Your account may continue to be charged a late payment finance charge of up to 1.5% of your past due amount and additional collections remedies may be used to bring this account to current.
If you have already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message.
Thank you,
eBay Global Collections

Thats the only reason I'm suspended..So my question is do I have a good chance of being unsuspended or should I just forget about it
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2014

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Account suspended in 2010..Will they really reopen it?

I doubt they'll reinstate you. They're probably saying that so you pay the fees thinking you'll be reinstated but who knows what will happen

Either way you're going to have to pay the fees or expect a letter from a collection agency (If the accounts in your real details)

No matter how small of an amount the fees are, if you don't pay they'll get the collection agency's involved which you really don't want. Especially over such a small amount of money. Not worth the hassle. Just pay & see what happens

Last edited by natbabes; 01-13-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2014

Longevity: 59%

Based on my own experience, if your account was suspended ONLY for unpaid seller's fees, then it'll be reinstate few minutes after that you'll pay them.

But if is there ANY other reason that caused the suspension, then It'll need more fighting to get it back (if you will get it back, since this is at ''ebay's discretion'' :D)
Old 01-14-2014

Longevity: 62%

So did you pay them and if so, how did it go ???
Old 01-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by back_again View Post
Based on my own experience, if your account was suspended ONLY for unpaid seller's fees, then it'll be reinstate few minutes after that you'll pay them.

But if is there ANY other reason that caused the suspension, then It'll need more fighting to get it back (if you will get it back, since this is at ''ebay's discretion'' :D)
Agree - quite a few success stories on reinstatement due to paying of outstanding fees ONLY.
Old 01-15-2014

Longevity: 78%

It'd be interesting to know the outcome of this
Old 01-15-2014

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 71%

Like black_again said they will reinstate automaticly when you pay your ebay fees.. From my exp also.. But you need phone call ebay and ask what really happened that brought your ebay account to suspend.

Don't believe in email that they are sent. Phone call them and ask them to check very depth regarding suspension..

Was happened to me i sent ebay an email regarding my account suspension and they replied i need to pay fees.. After payment made, my account still suspend and call them and they told me that my account has been suspended due to other reason.

Im lucky they adviced me to chargeback payment i made.. lol
Old 01-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I agree with the others. If the $46 in eBay fees were the ONLY issue, then the account is very likely to be reinstated. But there are no guarantees with eBay. If you had slow shipping times, customer complaints or were selling high-risk items, then it is far less likely to be reinstated.

For the record, an account is also less likely to be reinstated if the amount past due were significant, I would say $250 and above (but that number is just my best guess).

eBay is notorious for this. Their reps are trained to tell you that if you pay the past due fees, all is forgiven. But that is not always the case.