What am I doing wrong? -- can't add new bank! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default What am I doing wrong? -- can't add new bank!

Hey guys I have one paypal account that has $500 in it. I would like to transfer this money out. The bank account that is currently attached to it is an account number I obtained from a prepaid card. I wanted to remove this bank account and add a real bank that I opened at an actual branch that can receive deposits monthly from paypal.

When I went to add this bank, paypal said that they need to verify my phone number. The phone number was a tracphone that's no longer active. Stupid to let it get deactivated, I know. But I don't know if my issue would have been resolved if the number was still active.

I removed that number and added another tracphone number that I just activated today. I was able to receive a text code from paypal that was needed to add the phone to my paypal account. However, when I went to add the new bank account a second time and clicked for them to text me and confirm I am the owner of this phone number, it said "We're sorry, but we weren't able to confirm your identity and cannot add a new bank account at this time."

So I added a REAL number, not a tracphone number. But the same message popped up about not being able to confirm my identity. Why?!

Soooo I can't add a bank account, and don't know what to do with my $500. I could try to withdraw it to the prepaid card?? .. but I don't imagine that working out.

The bank account I am trying to add is a Capital One bank. This bank account was attached to a paypal a year ago. That bank account has since been removed from the paypal and the paypal account has been shut down for months now.

Does anybody know why this is happening and what I can do to rectify the situation?

Last edited by nodeal; 01-13-2014 at 09:55 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: What am I doing wrong? -- can't add new bank!

Is it your REAL account or stealth one?
This usually happens when you login to your account from a new computer (where Pay Pal tracking cookies are not there).
If it's your legit account you may give them a call.
Old 01-13-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by back_again View Post
Is it your REAL account or stealth one?
This usually happens when you login to your account from a new computer (where Pay Pal tracking cookies are not there).
If it's your legit account you may give them a call.
It is a STEALTH paypal account, and cookies should not have triggered it as I have been logging in from the same user.

The only thing I can think is that I sold an expensive item… $500 transaction. It is one of my only sales… the other 2 sales or so were very inexpensive items. These sales occurred over a 2 month period.
Old 01-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

What you are most likely doing wrong is trying to REMOVE anything on the account.

Removing = FLAGS

What you do is to ADD another bank or whatever you need onto the account.
When you are looking to transfer money, just used the newly confirmed account and let the unusable one sit there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
biglouis999 (01-14-2014), GreenGhost (01-14-2014), nodeal (01-13-2014)
Old 01-13-2014

Yes, sale's volume/amount changing suddenly rises red flags, especially if the account is that new as a seller (2 months)
I'd let the account cool few days then withdraw to the prepaid card you already have on file. I'd not transfer the $500 all at once (It would be safer making 2 separate withdrawals :200-300 or 250-250).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to back_again For This Useful Post:
biglouis999 (01-14-2014), nodeal (01-13-2014)
Old 01-13-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
What you are most likely doing wrong is trying to REMOVE anything on the account.

Removing = FLAGS

What you do is to ADD another bank or whatever you need onto the account.
When you are looking to transfer money, just used the newly confirmed account and let the unusable one sit there.
UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE! Such a simple mistake!

Is there anything I can do to fix this mess? I have $500 I'd really like to get out!
Old 01-13-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes, sale's volume/amount changing suddenly rises red flags, especially if the account is that new as a seller (2 months)
I'd let the account cool few days then withdraw to the prepaid card you already have on file. I'd not transfer the $500 all at once (It would be safer making 2 separate withdrawals :200-300 or 250-250).
Okay I will do that. Unfortunately this is a MyVanilla that I used to confirm the bank. MyVanilla is linked to regions banks and I heard that they are bad to use for PayPal.

What about long-term? Should I stop using this paypal account once I get the money out and attach a new paypal account to my ebay account?
Old 01-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
The bank account I am trying to add is a Capital One bank. This bank account was attached to a paypal a year ago. That bank account has since been removed from the paypal and the paypal account has been shut down for months now.

Does anybody know why this is happening and what I can do to rectify the situation?
Virtually impossible to reuse abank account as you just described.

Thus you are having the issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
nodeal (01-13-2014)
Old 01-13-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post

Can I add an untainted bank account or should I let the account cool down? If I let the account cool down, how long do you suggest I wait?
Old 01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post

This may have linked your curent account the old one you had. This is definitly rising red flags on your new account.
I'd let it cool for at least 14-15 days, then try to add a new bank account (never been used with PP before).
This is not guaranteed to work at 100%, but at ths point you've not plenty choices.
All the best
biglouis999 (01-14-2014), nodeal (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This may have linked your curent account the old one you had. This is definitly rising red flags on your new account.
I'd let it cool for at least 14-15 days, then try to add a new bank account (never been used with PP before).
This is not guaranteed to work at 100%, but at ths point you've not plenty choices.
All the best
ok, and IF this does fail and I cannot add a new bank account, should I transfer the money to other paypal's to get it out? And what about the ebay account this pp account is linked to? I know it isn't recommended, but can I create a new paypal and add it to my ebay account to replace this one if things don't work out?
Old 01-14-2014

Moving funds to an other PP account will get it linked and toasted too.
Your best bet is to let this account cool a bit, then add a new bank account. I don't see why it'll not work.
The fact is that if you add new bank imediatly just after yo removed the old one (which already caused red flags), this may get the account limited. This is why you better t let he account cool for about 2 week, then add the new bank account, and once verified, you'll withdraw the $500 (not all at once).

As for the Ebay account linked to this PP accont, there is no need to link it to an other one. So far your PP account is still alive. But If it happens and the account is dead, it means that your ebay account is dead also. creating a new PP will not help, as it'll be suspended as soon as you'll receeve payment into it.
biglouis999 (01-14-2014), nodeal (01-14-2014)