how do you handle chinese sellers in your space - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 01-20-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default how do you handle chinese sellers in your space

Just wondering how you all handle chinese sellers in your space. do you stay and battle it out. if so, what have you done.

A few of my products have chinese sellers on ebay, and with their free shipping and super low price, it gets tough to compete.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: how do you handle chinese sellers in your space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2005 View Post
Just wondering how you all handle Chinese sellers in your space. do you stay and battle it out. if so, what have you done.

A few of my products have Chinese sellers on ebay, and with their free shipping and super low price, it gets tough to compete.

I buy from there suppliers in small nitch markets. I also buy 100% of existing inventory if in a small market and sell back to them. If it is just one or two sellers contact them and negotiate a wholesale price directly from them.

Most important aspect to my over seas business is buying directly from the factory and not re-sellers. Also hiring a Chinese agent to buy in RMB in China oftetn can reduce by costs by 80% AND lower my MOQ
Old 01-20-2014
Threadstarter  

Chinese agent.....first time hearing of this. how do you find? THanks
Old 01-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Chinese agent.....first time hearing of this. how do you find? THanks
Run an ad on alibaba for starters BUT My forst was a forwarding company that i had research vendors and then asked to negotiate for me as an asian buyer.

Now I use my China factories and/or suppliers to buy at RMB prices from other manufacturers. This takes a bit of commitment and relationship building.
Old 01-20-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Just wondering how you all handle chinese sellers in your space. do you stay and battle it out. if so, what have you done.

A few of my products have chinese sellers on ebay, and with their free shipping and super low price, it gets tough to compete.
i normally only compete with US sellers since i assume many buyers just select "us only" when searching for their items
Old 01-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwrestmania View Post
i normally only compete with US sellers since i assume many buyers just select "us only" when searching for their items
Keep in mind that overseas sellers do not tell the truth regarding item location.

Sellers not USA based could & can still turn up in a US only search.

Old 01-21-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:

It is getting harder as the days go by. It used to be a time when the Chinese would rather sell in bulk to US sellers.

Now, they are starting to sell more directly to the consumers. Which drives down the price, and slowly ruins the marketplace for US sellers.
Old 01-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Not only are Chinese flooding the US Markets, Under Cutting all US Sellers, but the Post Office lets them ship to the US for next to nothing. Ebay should charge them triple the fee's to sell on Ebay.
Old 01-21-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Not only are Chinese flooding the US Markets, Under Cutting all US Sellers, but the Post Office lets them ship to the US for next to nothing. Ebay should charge them triple the fee's to sell on Ebay.
I agree!!!!!
Old 01-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I just still don't understand who is benefiting from this bullcrap and how they can let China have the upper hand to such an exponential degree. What they can ship items for should be godd*mn ill.egal. When I have spoken to a few about how much it costs for me to send them something, they just laugh and say USA is crazy. They literally could not believe it costs me hundreds of dollars to ship them a few random things.
Old 01-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Difficult to battle with them but you must experiment and spread sales to avoid being targeted
Old 01-22-2014

Longevity: 80%

Chinese sellers have now set up in the UK with warehouses where they despatch from with ebay accounts which are run from China.

In UK I was selling an item which was making £60 profit each item, Chinese came along, ran each other down in price until I was only breaking even. So had to stop selling this item. I have noticed many items now which Chinese are dominating on ebay UK, even large items upto 40kg. They don't pay VAT or taxes. It is crazy just cannot compete with them!
Old 01-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

It's a love hate relationship like eBay. You can either hate them, then you have no supply. Then you are going to have to deal with American/Canadian/uk/Australian suppliers. Is that going to work better? Are they going to give u good prices? Bwhahah.

I worked with one American supplier, recommended retail 30 bucks, they sell it to me wholesale for 22 bucks. I'm like how can you make any money with those types of margins? It's not like these products were flying off the shelves! I once tried to get a deal with dell in 2006.

Trying to sell new dell computers. They offered me 1 dollar off retail. I was like wtf?????? I could have gotten it 30% cheaper on eBay itself! Sometimes even more! That's what happens when you deal with American suppliers.

I know Chinese supplies are coming in, but at least they give you margins to at least make something. Though it does get a bit more difficult as time goes on.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-23-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willkeelham View Post
Chinese sellers have now set up in the UK with warehouses where they despatch from with ebay accounts which are run from China.

In UK I was selling an item which was making £60 profit each item, Chinese came along, ran each other down in price until I was only breaking even. So had to stop selling this item. I have noticed many items now which Chinese are dominating on ebay UK, even large items upto 40kg. They don't pay VAT or taxes. It is crazy just cannot compete with them!
Their overhead is much lower in the volumes they deal with - can be quite the feat to compete
Old 01-26-2014

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 71%

I hope ebay will longer offer their website for chinese and hongkong..

They still make money without ebay. they sell goods lowest than they sell on ali/dhgate.. Ali sellers told me they can make $100k in sales permonth on ali website. Yes i saw the screenshots. So why they still need ebay?

No offense chinese and hk users here..
Old 01-26-2014

What i have noticed in particular as a consumer, I will only buy from China or HK when I dont care about shipping times. People are happy to pay a little extra if they will receive their items quicker. There is nothing I hate more than having to wait 2 weeks for a piece of jewellery that cost £2.99. Whats the point in waiting that long, when I could buy the same piece from a UK Seller for £4.99 and receive in 2 days? Whilst talking to others about this, it seems that more and more people are starting to get miffed about the long shipping times and refining their searches on ebay for UK Sellers only. In conclusion, in my opinion its only a matter of time before the UK buyers realise its better to buy from sellers in the UK and not wait an extortionate amount of time to receive their item. I dont think price really comes into it either, whether it be an under £5 item or a £50 item. We all want our s*** quickly. Use it to your advantage I say!!!