Buyer Left Negative Feedback, what to do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 01-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Buyer Left Negative Feedback, what to do

So I go to bed at 100% only to wake up to see that a buyer who purchased two items leaves me a negative feedback for both, bringing my score down to 91.7%.

The buyer commented something along the lines of "did not receive when promised." The items were purchased on Friday evening, I shipped them out that following Monday and the item is still in transit as we speak, but scheduled for delivery on 1/31 still within the 2-5 business days it takes USPS First class. I reported the feedback to ebay and then I contacted them only to speak to a rep who seemed to not know anything that she was doing. The rep basically stated that she could not do anything even though the feedback is clearly unreasonable; however, she also stated that my response was unprofessional because I stated "Seller Beware" and that it was impossible for the item to have arrived by today when it was shipped 2 days prior when the buyer didn't pay for express shipping.

I went ahead and contacted the buyer only to have them admit that they did understand it wasn't my fault, but the shipping estimator stated that they would receive their items today, and they felt compelled to leave the negative because of the estimator. At this point the buyer has agreed to feedback revision, but I am out 2 revisions now thanks to their ignorance and I'm still waiting for them to revise it.

Should I contact ebay again and explain to them that the buyer has admitted their mistake and are willing to change it, that way ebay can delete it and I wouldn't have to use up my requests?

Also if anybody wants to have some input on this; so I have a friend who has about 7500 feedback, 1998 account, powerseller, and TRS. He recently received about 10 low DSR's bringing them below the threshold and close to suspension, here is the best part. So ebay calls him and tells him they deleted all of the low DSR's because his account seems to be doing well as far as the number of sales and money hes generated thus far.

They also removed all the negative feedbacks he reported to them within 5 business days. Has anyone had similar treatment?

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-30-2014 at 03:33 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default re: Buyer Left Negative Feedback, what to do

I would not imagine you are going to end up with a similar result to your friend. try not to build your hopes up too high.

Your approach was wrong. You should have gone to the buyer first..... sweet talk them and get them onside with you. Never do it the other way round.

Go to ebay with the goodies. Give ebay a hand ( so to speak) with the info you cared enough to communicate with the buyer to ensure he had a happy buying time.

See the difference?

Hassles with a transaction are done in a certain way by me.
Paramount is contact with the buyer. I have to try to get 'control' back. I need to lessen the grief.
Worked fine for me twice last year on different accounts. ebay dont like mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Got it, thanks. I guess I was so engulfed with false hope due to my friends experiences that I thought I could possibly swing by with the same treatment. Has anyone had a similar experience with ebay in regard to what I was told about my response not being "professional" ?
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl21 View Post
Got it, thanks. I guess I was so engulfed with false hope due to my friends experiences that I thought I could possibly swing by with the same treatment. Has anyone had a similar experience with ebay in regard to what I was told about my response not being "professional" ?
Here is the thing. A buyer can be as unreasonable as they want to be. They can leave terrible negative feedback and eBay does not normally remove it unless it is REALLY OUT THERE, so to speak. The buyer can call you names, say he slept with your mom last night at the whorehouse and pretty much whatever else they like.

Obviously, a seller can quickly become infuriated with the buyer. But, as a seller, you CANNOT AFFORD to be unprofessional, not even for a second. You cannot take what they say personally. EVERY response from you must be calm, reasoned and professional.

For example...

I'm so sorry that your order has not arrived yet. I just checked the tracking information and your package IS on the way to you and should be there any day now. I shipped the item you ordered on the next business day and expected it would be there by now. The US Postal Service is currently experiencing some delays due to bad weather in various parts of the country. Maybe this is what is happening. I will keep an eye on this, but it should be delivered any day now.

Thank you for your patience.

You wouldn't want to use that exact example, it was a little rambling (but the best I can do on short notice) but you get the idea.

eBay is not going to remove feedback easily. And the revision requests are meant to be limited. That is how eBay WANTS it to work.

The GOOD NEWS is that these buyers are in the minority. Most buyers are reasonable. And many buyers don't pay too much attention to feedback. When I look for negative feedback, I usually ignore minor ones like this unless there are a lot of them. So, it probably won't hurt you too much.
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Discuss with the bidder - communication is key. If that negative feedback is really bugging you OP - ask the buyer about a compromise to have him revise the feedback. It can be done.

Minority buyer is right principle to work with.
Old 01-30-2014

Longevity: 73%

Their shipping estimator is way too short most of the time with no leeway, I get hassles from buyers all the time because of it.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-30-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-31-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yes there estimator is terrible , I purposely make two day handling and economical free shipping and I ship same day if possible if not than next day and ship only priority mail and the other day the 4th day after payment was received I had a buyer complain because the estimator said they would get it by whatever date and it wasn't there. It arrived the next day which if u read my description would of been 7 days ahead of time but that stupid estimator gives buyers another reason to complain.

It does not always take into account the handling or type of shipping it just estimates 4 days from purchase date sometimes
Old 02-19-2014

Longevity: 65%

From the buyer requirements menu you can choose how many items a buyer can buy from you within a period of time. I've set that up in case a competitor wants to bring me down by buying multiple items and leaving multiple negative feedbacks.

However, when there is a genuine customer who wants to buy more than 1 item, they usually contact me, I check on their account and decide whether to let them buy from me or not.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yes there estimator is terrible , I purposely make two day handling and economical free shipping and I ship same day if possible if not than next day and ship only priority mail and the other day the 4th day after payment was received I had a buyer complain because the estimator said they would get it by whatever date and it wasn't there. It arrived the next day which if u read my description would of been 7 days ahead of time but that stupid estimator gives buyers another reason to complain.

It does not always take into account the handling or type of shipping it just estimates 4 days from purchase date sometimes
You are correct about this. Thanks for the advice. I ran into some issues with this estimator during XMas season. Especially on my stealth accounts going to likely switch from 1 day to 2 day shipping time and always keep my listings at standard shipping rather than priority mail. Seems to keep the headaches away.

I just took a short time away from home Sat-Tuesday cause of the Monday Holiday. I didn't get home until late Tuesday and I had multiple questions about why items hadn't shipped.
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Wheres my item Vogeltron!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Buyer Left Negative Feedback, what to do

Not sure why there were two negatives for items purchased at the same time?

ps @MM78, I got your parcel.

Old 02-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Wheres my item Vogeltron!!!!!!
I swear I am getting more and more people asking me if their item has shipped etc? I mean 95% of the time I get stuff out same day or within the next business day. Heck I always even drop USPS on off on Saturdays. But it seems like whenever I slip up or gotta go to storage to get something. It never fails I get a message asking what is going on.
Old 02-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

You just keep getting the special folks vogeltron....
Old 02-22-2014

Longevity: 61%

I agree people are very impatient..and it really bothers me that ebay has that "estimator" on there of when it will arrive. People lose their minds if it is not there within that time frame, even though I am not the one that puts that there. I also send things out the very next day (even on Saturday) but it is not good enough sometimes...you just have to let it roll off your back and say some people have NOTHING better to do than complain. I always just apologize and tell them that sometimes the tracking number does not automatically update and they can call the post office for a better idea of when it will be there. Seems to work.
Old 02-25-2014

great advice, me personally only look for positive feedback when im going to make a purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Here is the thing. A buyer can be as unreasonable as they want to be. They can leave terrible negative feedback and eBay does not normally remove it unless it is REALLY OUT THERE, so to speak. The buyer can call you names, say he slept with your mom last night at the whorehouse and pretty much whatever else they like.

Obviously, a seller can quickly become infuriated with the buyer. But, as a seller, you CANNOT AFFORD to be unprofessional, not even for a second. You cannot take what they say personally. EVERY response from you must be calm, reasoned and professional.

For example...

I'm so sorry that your order has not arrived yet. I just checked the tracking information and your package IS on the way to you and should be there any day now. I shipped the item you ordered on the next business day and expected it would be there by now. The US Postal Service is currently experiencing some delays due to bad weather in various parts of the country. Maybe this is what is happening. I will keep an eye on this, but it should be delivered any day now.

Thank you for your patience.

You wouldn't want to use that exact example, it was a little rambling (but the best I can do on short notice) but you get the idea.

eBay is not going to remove feedback easily. And the revision requests are meant to be limited. That is how eBay WANTS it to work.

The GOOD NEWS is that these buyers are in the minority. Most buyers are reasonable. And many buyers don't pay too much attention to feedback. When I look for negative feedback, I usually ignore minor ones like this unless there are a lot of them. So, it probably won't hurt you too much.