$650 fraudulent unauthorized use Charge back. Any hope. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default $650 fraudulent unauthorized use Charge back. Any hope.

I provided paypal with the tracking confirming it was shipped to that address and had been delivered. There is no delivery confirmation because I always thought it would be useless due to the fact the person could just say there was no item in the box. I had heard on a etsy forum you don't need delivery confirmation for unauthorized use charge backs but am not not sure if this applies to paypal.

What should I expect and how do I prevent this in the future. Thanks. Feeling really down.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: $650 fraudulent unauthorized use Charge back. Any hope.

Expect to lose the case and eat the loss at this point :/

Always use tracking. Even if its $5. Anything over $100 use sig conformation. (Pp recommends 250 but I personally do 100)

If they say there is nothing in the box, at least you know they got it. This opens grounds to have a claim opened up with the post office and possibly get law enforcement involved.

This is usually enough to scare the buyer into 'magically finding' the item that was 'lost'

You need to cover your Ps and Qs in the future.
Old 02-01-2014

Longevity: 81%

Hate to tell you, but it its a losing case on your side.
Old 02-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Your major mistake was shipping without signature confirmation. Tracking IS delivery confirmation (at least as I understand it) but PayPal seller protection requires than any item above $250 be shipped with signature confirmation.

I would still provide PayPal with the tracking information, but whether or not they accept that is up to them. In my experience, it would be unlikely. If you were a long-time volume seller and they wanted to keep you happy, then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, they would take the loss. But right now, if they do, look at it as a gift from God - it would be just that unusual.

Sorry for the bad news.
Old 02-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Has this happened yet?

What's another forum got to do with us?

You could just go from forum to forum getting the reply you want to hear.

Confirm if this is happening or you are concerned for the future

Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

I needed funds to ship my items so they had released them temporarily. I shipped out my items and withdrawn my money. If I don't win my case I will have to abandon the account. I don't want to lose $650. This is clearly fraud. The item was shipped to the mans address. I want my damn Item back. What is up with all these foreigner scammers. every scammer I met has some weird foreign name. Same thing with all the stupid shill bidders. A bunch of asshats.

One thing I was wondering is how long will this case take to resolve. Also I didn't really understand what greenie meant?. Anywya. Thanks everyone for your help.

P.s the gir on paypal said it is rare but you can win even without signature confirmation.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 02-01-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2014

You referred an Etsy forum with a Ebay situation.

If you take the money & run, the name on the account will be sent to collections
( assuming you closed the bank account - otherwise, they'll try to suck out of your bank account )

You cant half fast things with eBay. You either do it right, or be prepared to fight.

& I understand how frustrating it can be being scammed.
I lost $2800 right when i started on eBay.
Old 02-01-2014

Longevity: 66%

Why do people do things like this?
It's just like stealing from a B&M store, but online...
Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

That's old paypal. They got sued for doing that and no longer can touch your bank account. If you ever find yourself in a unfair situation just jump ship unless your not on a stealth account. Best advice imo.
Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

I thought etsy was also through paypal or something. The whole bank thing had me confused. It is obvious that it's fraud it's stupid. I would like to get on the phone with the bank, buyer and ebay and let them know what's up. This guy is a piece of crap. Won't respond to my messages. The banks alot of times obviously don't have a nose to smell the B.s. Hope they can evolve with the times.
Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
I provided paypal with the tracking confirming it was shipped to that address and had been delivered. There is no delivery confirmation because I always thought it would be useless due to the fact the person could just say there was no item in the box. I had heard on a etsy forum you don't need delivery confirmation for unauthorized use charge backs but am not not sure if this applies to paypal.

What should I expect and how do I prevent this in the future. Thanks. Feeling really down.

Oh crap i meant signature confirmation that whole time
Old 02-01-2014

Longevity: 59%

I had this happen to me three times. All three claiming unauthorized use. Items were expensive, two were $399 and the other $800. We shipped to the PayPal address. Tracking provided. When the claims came. We provided the evidence that the itms were shipped to the PayPal address. Correspondence to and from the buyer from their PayPal emails, etc. we won every single one of those bs claims. And we did not have signature confirmation. Just priority with deliver confirmation.
Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Sounds good. So just provide the tracking to paypal and I should win?.
Old 02-01-2014
Threadstarter  

If this is so why does paypal keep telling me I'm not eligible for seller protection because there was no signature confirmation?. will I win agaisnt the seller with the bank or how does that work?. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2014

Longevity: 65%

Like someone stated, unless you are a high volume player, you have no chance of winning this. In my experience, even if this buyer has a history of these type claims, PayPal will still not cover you unless you have online signature conf.

It sucks - I know. If you shipped priority you are covered for loss $50. You can put the claim in and USPS will probably contact the buyer. You can file a police report too. But at this point don't put faith in PayPal helping you out.
Old 02-02-2014
Threadstarter  

This account has 25000 in sells, somewhere around 300* transaction and is 2 years old. Is that enough??.

Also that won't work I'm selling on a stealth account. and could police really do anything despite if I wasn't?. But regardless I will probably just dump the account and make 8 stealth accounts in the next 2 months. I should have had more on reserve. Just 1 left and even If the other stealth goes down I would spend about 250 to buy one off here. Still would be cheaper than paying the $650 on the blatantly fraudulent charge back..

lolix How long do these chargeback cases take to resolve?. Thanks again everyone for all the help.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-02-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2014

Athelichunta, the Chargebacks took a little over two weeks and 1 closer to the 1 month mark. All we had to do was prove we shipped and delivered to the PayPal address and we won EVERY single time.
Old 02-02-2014

Your first message was slightly confusing, you made it sound as if the buyer is saying they have not received the item and you have no proof of delivery, but from reading on am i right in saying you have had the buyer say the card has been used without there permission? if this is the case the rules are different, i am sure as long as you can prove that you sent the item the to confirmed paypal address there is nothing else you could have done and you will win the case. How was you to know the transaction is unauthorised??? Thats why you have to send to the registered paypal address, as normally if the card is stolen they might ask you yo send to a different address rather then the address of the card holder, reason being the person making the sale does not own the card, or paypal account!!! I hope this helps you out.
Old 02-02-2014

Longevity: 80%

personally i don't think you should be selling stuff that expensive at all with your attitude. Ppl will take advantage of you, once the right buyer finds out you don't put any type of tracking on your items they will come back and bring friends with them and wipe you out.

expect to lose, even high volume sellers can't with against that, i mean its a open and shut case really that only amateurs make when selling online.
Old 02-02-2014
Threadstarter  

If you read my other post I made a mistake. I use tracking but not signature confirmation. I'm going to start.
Old 02-02-2014

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post

If there is a chargeback and you are absolutely 100% sure that the buyer is defrauding you, then contact the Customer's bank or credit provider (Mastercard/Visa/JCB/etc) - they all have fraud reporting forms online somewhere, or you can mail in the relevant details. Give times, dates, exact amounts and colour photocopies of proof of postage including eBay order printouts and addresses.

The banks will do far, far more damage to your buyer than you could ever dream of. Whilst you're at it, contact the police in the locality of your buyer and report them for theft/fraud. You have their address, say outright what was stolen.
Old 02-02-2014
Threadstarter  

How do I know the bank he used?. And Ile do that.