funds frozen in dispute - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-04-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Question funds frozen in dispute

Hi

Recently, I wanted to made a payment to someone (payee #1) who has a Paypal account. But I made an error in the addresses and entered someone else’s address (payee #2).

I realized my error shortly thereafter, but because Payee #2 has a Paypal account, she does not need to Accept the Funds; they are automatically transferred from my Paypal account to hers. From my end, the transaction status is “complete”.

Because I was not sure of how fast the transfer actually happens, I initiated a Dispute, in the hopes of stopping the funds from reaching her account. I figured it would be simpler to reverse this if the funds were still in the system. The Dispute was actually initiated before she had realized a payment was incoming (she doesn’t check her email every day).

Since that time, I was able to reach Payee #2 : she is understanding and nice about it, and willing to refund the money. However, she says she cannot, because when she opens the details of that transaction, it shows “The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed.”

From the screenshot she sent, it shows that the Original Transaction is “Held”, and the Related Transaction is “Placed” (I assume the Related Transaction refers to the dispute I initiated).

So, to resume :

- recently made a transfer to a wrong email address, (someone else I know)
- that person has a Paypal account
- payment shows "complete" at my end
- immediately initiated a Dispute
- contacted the wrong payee : she is nice and willing to grant a refund
- but from her end, Transaction Details show "The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed"
- so she cannot Grant a Full Refund

So she wants to Grant a Full Refund, but says she cannot because the funds are not available, apparently frozen while the Dispute is open.

What are my options here?

1. Is there a way to completely cancel this, from my end or the Payee’s end?

2. If I close the Dispute, I assume the funds would be released and allowed to be accessed by the Payee. Could she at that time Grant a Full Refund? And If so, would the service charges be refunded as well?

3. What happens if I escalate the Dispute?

4. What happens after 30 days?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks

Fish
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: funds frozen in dispute

Since you are actually in CHINA you are going to have hassles.

What country account is the paypal? If you used VPS/VPN paypal may not like your behavior.

Soon as possible change your flag to CHINA because you are not located in Canada.

Old 02-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

I always wondered, does eBay still pull the same restrictions in china? I mean, I see so many sellers there, and you know they sell phakes. eBay does not seem to go after them. Or do they? Maybe it's because there are so many of them it seems like they don't take them down. I'm not sure. Or maybe they don't take them down at all. Anyone know? Do we have to practice stealth in china too?
Old 02-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
I always wondered, does eBay still pull the same restrictions in china? I mean, I see so many sellers there, and you know they sell phakes. eBay does not seem to go after them. Or do they? Maybe it's because there are so many of them it seems like they don't take them down. I'm not sure. Or maybe they don't take them down at all. Anyone know? Do we have to practice stealth in china too?
Money is money to ebay.

Unless someone complains about that individual account, ebay really wont care as long as they get their fees.
Old 02-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the the forums....initiating a dispute so quickly OP? Sounds "shangaifish"y to me...both accounts are being affected - messy
Old 02-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 59%

Hey there

Thanks for the replies.

- Although yes, I am physically in China, I didn't make this payment directly by myself. In order to avoid the China-related problem, I have a friend make payments for me when I need to, and I pay him back whenever I visit. So the payment in question DID come from a Canadian Paypal account.

- the recipient is in the Philippines

- I initiated the dispute immediately because I wasn't sure if I could trust the recipient to be nice and return the money. I have kept the dispute in place because I'm still not sure if the Paypal service fees will be refunded if I close the dispute.

That's really my one and only concern : If I close the dispute, the recipient will be able to take the funds. Assuming I can trust her, once the dispute is closed, will there be a "Grant Full Refund" options for the transaction?

And if so, will the service fees be refunded as well?

Fish
Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaifish View Post
That's really my one and only concern : If I close the dispute, the recipient will be able to take the funds. Assuming I can trust her, once the dispute is closed, will there be a "Grant Full Refund" options for the transaction?

And if so, will the service fees be refunded as well?

Fish
Even if you close the dispute, there is a chance that the other PP will remain affected - service fees refunded? Hah in your dreams - nope
Old 02-17-2014

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 69%

just have to wait for dispute to be finished I suppose