Paypal limited my account with $3k... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Paypal limited my account with $3k...

Verified by phone, bank by card and debit. Fully verified, then I got some limitation requesting ID, bank statements, credit card, Ssn, etc.... ....it's like applying for a nasa job.

Really hacked off... Has about $3k in it.

Any ideas?

I mean they are not a licensed bank... They can't just steal from people

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-06-2014 at 05:11 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Paypal limited my account with $3k...

They are not stealing from people. They have the right to limit accounts they see fit or see some "thing(s)" going on they dont like. They have the right to do anything when you signed up for their services. I hate to tell you the truth.

They will give you your money back when or if you provide the info they want, unless the account is stealth. If it is, you will have to mostly likely wait 180 days to withdraw the funds. Unless the limited email you got says 45 days. Maybe you can call paypal, ask them if they can release the funds or a part of the funds sooner. People have posted at works to a certain degree.

If they were a licensed bank, most of us couldn't do most of the things they are doing now, like having more than 100 paypal accounts.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-06-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by d180304 View Post

Really hacked off... Has about $3k in it.

Any ideas?

I mean they are not a licensed bank... They can't just steal from people
Can not really tell you my ideas. You might blush.

What possessed you to have that much money in your paypal?

Tell us more about the age of the account and what caused paypal to take the action it is ALLOWED TO TAKE UNDER THE T&S you accepted when you signed up to use them.

By all means vent, but dont delude yourself paypal are in the wrong.

Majority of limitations can be resolved with some work.
Old 02-06-2014

Longevity: 65%

Try to find a way to provide them with what they need and check how much time they have given you. As soon as they review and approve the docs the funds will be released.

They might place a 15% reserve on your sales, but that depends on the reason of the limitation.
Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You have to deal with their steps - do a few at least (or if a few have already been done), then ring up PP and discuss a bit - all the best

If you cant supply all the info PP is asking...you will likely have to wait 180 days (rare occasions people have reported access to funds in 45 days).

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-01-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Sorry for the typo, was on my ipad last night. Anyway, ya no -- this really p***es me off. How old was the account? Fairly new, less than 30 days. It was one payment, for $4500 (gift/services). I spent about 1500 of it. I'd rather see the money burnt, than for paypal to have it. I suppose I'm just going to advise the person who sent it to file a dispute and leave a note saying "services were not rendered".

.....Based on this forum, and a simple Google search - I can tell I'm not the only one p***ed about this type of stuff. Once they verify my actual bank (ACH) and debit/credit card (which is not a VCC according to the BIN, meaning hence the Bank Verified me) -- there's no need for my ID, utility bill, fingerprint, hair samples and certified copy of my birth certificate.

.....As for the other responder, the only reason I signed up --- was well, by force. It's a "requirement" when using ebay now.. Anyway, yeah ill stop venting, thanks for the response guys.
Old 02-06-2014

Longevity: 63%

Paypal will usually limit accounts when there is a unusual high amount of money transfer as gift payments. So best to send payment as invoices to avoid paypal's bot from detecting you. Also if this is your stealth account then the actual bank credit card might have flagged you. Cards issued by the bank can link you to the actual address not the stealth one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grimmejaw For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (02-06-2014)
Old 02-16-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Never leave that kind of money build up in paypal.

They are not stealing as it will be returned to you in 180 days.

You did something to draw their attention.

Avoid this in the future and leaving this much in your account.
Old 02-19-2014
Threadstarter  

This is so frustrating, there acting like banks...

THIS IS WHAT I SENT:
I'm extremely upset with your company and I'm contemplating taking further action. When I login, I get an error (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). Now obviously, the banks I bank with had confidence when I opened my checking account (through two steps of ID). Now not only that, but your company verified my phone, debit card and checking account through ACH. This alone, is extensive verification steps. Not to mention I CALLED in a few times since my account was "new" and I had problems sending money...

Now in summation, I want this remove lifted immediately. When I review the "Begin a limitation review" section, I see that you guys want everything short of a DNA sample at this point. I'd be willing to provide my PHOTO ID, that's it. Your company does NOT need my SSN, I don't even have a credit card statement (the card I used is a DEBIT card, there is a difference). I'm not going to provide you with a bank account statement so you can know exactly how much I have, what I do with my money, etc.

I'd only be ok with (1) my government ID, and (2) explaining how I received my payment (Consulting Services, enough said). I need a thorough, non- "pre-generated" response from your company regarding this. I've gone through alot verifying my account, if anything I can understand an ID but that's it.

Please reply quickly so that I can define what I'm going to do.

Thank you in advance.

What they want:
Photo ID
Bank Account Statement
Credit Card Statement
Confirm SSN
Provide more info about payments

What I've done:
- Confirmed debit card transactions (reputable bank, not virtual)
- Confirmed bank account (ACH two deposits)
...............Through Chase Bank, USA (legit bank account)
- Confirmed phone #

My Apparent Problem:
I used my first and middle name. So yeah, that's that.... I'm seeing that on BHW, and even here theres alot of "service providers". Is there someone that can just fix this? It's really bothersome...
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

In 2007 when I first got limited from PayPal on my legitimate account. I had $40,000 in my PayPal. This was before the crash and I was signed up for the money market so I was getting 3-4% something like that I can't exactly remember. Took 180 days like always to get my money. It is unreal what PayPal can do. Thank god at the time I was in college and not someone living paycheck to paycheck or something like that.

It is 180 days it will be held. No way around it. Circle the date. Start working on new stealth accounts. I don't deplete any of my PayPal accounts. I leave a reserve for eBay fees, and a rainy day reserve for any potential charge backs or claims. Also just to show PayPal I am not a take the money and run person. I do think you should have a balance and not deplete your accounts completely but make sure you are smart about how much you leave in relative to sales, etc.

Also even if you provide all that info. I highly doubt you will get your account back. The only long shot it trying to get a phone number for a senior executive at PayPal. Preferably one in the accounts department. You may be able to talk to them and explain your situation. If you got this for selling phakes or something like that. Consider the account gone.

Last edited by vogeltron; 02-20-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

what do you mean by 'fix this', other than going to these service providers, what else do you want provided? there is no magic wand
MM78 (03-31-2014)
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by d180304 View Post
This is so frustrating, there acting like banks...

THIS IS WHAT I SENT:
I'm extremely upset with your company and I'm contemplating taking further action. When I login, I get an error (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). Now obviously, the banks I bank with had confidence when I opened my checking account (through two steps of ID). Now not only that, but your company verified my phone, debit card and checking account through ACH. This alone, is extensive verification steps. Not to mention I CALLED in a few times since my account was "new" and I had problems sending money...

Now in summation, I want this remove lifted immediately. When I review the "Begin a limitation review" section, I see that you guys want everything short of a DNA sample at this point. I'd be willing to provide my PHOTO ID, that's it. Your company does NOT need my SSN, I don't even have a credit card statement (the card I used is a DEBIT card, there is a difference). I'm not going to provide you with a bank account statement so you can know exactly how much I have, what I do with my money, etc.

I'd only be ok with (1) my government ID, and (2) explaining how I received my payment (Consulting Services, enough said). I need a thorough, non- "pre-generated" response from your company regarding this. I've gone through alot verifying my account, if anything I can understand an ID but that's it.

Please reply quickly so that I can define what I'm going to do.

Thank you in advance.

What they want:
Photo ID
Bank Account Statement
Credit Card Statement
Confirm SSN
Provide more info about payments

What I've done:
- Confirmed debit card transactions (reputable bank, not virtual)
- Confirmed bank account (ACH two deposits)
...............Through Chase Bank, USA (legit bank account)
- Confirmed phone #

My Apparent Problem:
I used my first and middle name. So yeah, that's that.... I'm seeing that on BHW, and even here theres alot of "service providers". Is there someone that can just fix this? It's really bothersome...
If you're not able to provide what Paypal wants, they cannot lift your limitation. Paypal does not sympathize or is willing to reason with you when it comes to limitations
Old 03-31-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
If you're not able to provide what Paypal wants, they cannot lift your limitation. Paypal does not sympathize or is willing to reason with you when it comes to limitations
Just wait it out. It's the cost of doing business in some respects.

You should also take the consideration that any information to you do use to verify, they can use against you in the future if they deem you a risk (otherwise, why would they limit your PP account in the first place). This is just how Paypal works. They are pricks.