What reason is likely that ebay banned me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default What reason is likely that ebay banned me?

Hi all. New member here for obvious reasons. I'm trying to wrap my head around the real reason why Ebay MC999'd me the other day. I've had an acct for a number of years and started selling a little over a year ago, footwear in particular. If anyone on here follows footwear on Ebay, you know many people try to talk you down, and there's a number of sellers who of course offer to go the route of paypal invoice, I'm no different. I'd say 1 of 3 listings would sell via ebay, the others would go via paypal invoice. All items were available locally as well, so there could be other reasons why listings were ended early. I'm assuming this is the reason why my acct was shut down as I noted in my listings to text a google voice number with questions or offer. If that's the case, I understand and accept it, lesson learned.

However there's one additional point to this, my wife also has an ebay acct and she was selling a number of items as well that we've gotten that have nothing to do with what I sell. I have managed her account from my computer many times because she simply didn't have time for dealing with sales, packing, etc.

After calling into ebay to contest my MC999, the operator said in looking at my account that she could not figure out why my acct had been suspended as my feedback was 100% and there were no other notes. She said she would make a one time courtesy request to reinstate it and see what happens but guaranteed nothing or a timeframe that I would even hear anything.

My question is, to what extent would ebay be looking at my ebay messages where I would discuss deals via paypal invoice? Do they snoop on those messages and put two and two together? Or were they looking at the fact that I had a phone number in my ad for texting? Or was it that I was working two accounts from the same computer?

If you all think it would be more because of the two separate accounts I was thinking I might have a leg to stand on to get mine reinstated, but if it's due to the amount of closed listings due to the paypal invoice issue.... then I'll take my lumps and move on.

Any thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: What reason is likely that ebay banned me?

OK... There is a lot going on here. I can tell you that it would be VERY UNLIKELY that you were banned simply because both accounts were at the same address on the same computer. The SECOND account may have gone down for that reason, but probably not the first.

If you were offering discounts via eBay messaging to avoid paying eBay fees, then that is the most likely reason for the MC999. If your merchandise was counterfeit, that could be another reason. I am NOT implying that you sell counterfeits, I'm just brining up a major reason that people lose their accounts.

My guess, based on the information given, is that the original account was banned for circumventing eBay fees.
Old 02-07-2014

Longevity: 66%

If I'm reading what u said correctly, you sold items on eBay then negotiated with buyers to sell the item just by sending them a paypal invoice in lieu of eBay. If so, it's this.
Old 02-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

EBay is only in business for one reason, to make money! Just like any other business! If they have any inclination that someone is trying to get around paying fees, it's def gonna throw a red flag!
Old 02-07-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

They definitely can read your messages , I called in to dispute a negative and they were reading all messages between me and the buyer while I was on the phone and asking questions about them
Old 02-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Thx for the replies guys. I figured as much. I was looking at mr seller rankings and see some people dinged me there because a few times I sold shoes as soon as I had my order confirm and of course had to wait to get them before shipping out. That may have alerted as well.
Old 02-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Quick question. I haven't been on these forums for more than a day and haven't really delved into it too deeply. But what is the opinion of members here of people flipping stuff outside of eBay? If I'm going to cross people because I've done this I don't want to push the issue if people will frown on it.

To clarify some things I pretty much only sell Nike or air Jordan's.
Old 02-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Out of curiosity, since I have not yet delved that deep into the forums, how is flipping items outside of ebay via paypal invoice viewed on this site? I don't want to step on anyones toes. From what I can see in the shoe selling world, it's almost necessary if you don't have a large twitter or instagram following.