Paypal refunds even when item is shipped - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-07-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Angry Paypal refunds even when item is shipped

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this form but I have been seling on ebay for about 5 years. Anyway I was looking for a place to vent about all of the things that drive me crazy about ebay and paypal and it looks like I found it.
So has anyone gone through this problem. You sell an item they use paypal to pay you. You ship it with a tracking number. They file a dispute with paypal and even after you provide the tracking number they still refund them. Your out the product and the money... Drives me nuts. And paypal won't do a thing about it when you contact them. Anybody have any ideason what to do next?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgenman View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this form but I have been seling on ebay for about 5 years. Anyway I was looking for a place to vent about all of the things that drive me crazy about ebay and paypal and it looks like I found it.
So has anyone gone through this problem. You sell an item they use paypal to pay you. You ship it with a tracking number. They file a dispute with paypal and even after you provide the tracking number they still refund them. Your out the product and the money... Drives me nuts. And paypal won't do a thing about it when you contact them. Anybody have any ideason what to do next?
Let me tell you something. Paypal employees is running most of the scams. I did have an news article on it but I can't find it. It simply stated that Paypal employees would buy expensive products off Ebay(or have their friend do it) and get their money right back because they work at Paypal.

They are also the ones sending phising emails.

I worked in a call center for 2 years and most of the people have so much time on their hands between calls that they would sit there and think of ways to scam customers, like stealing credit card numbers, etc...

It's a shady world! Be careful.
Old 07-07-2007
Banned

[QUOTE=Modee;5217]PayPal has never done that to me. They have a dispute period. If, after the dispute period is over, they side against you, then, yes - they refund. BUT if you ship using a method that has online tracking and you have Seller Protection available for that item, you have nothing to worry about.

Seller Protection is available for US, UK and Canada so long as:
1 - You ship using an online trackable service, and
2 - You ship to the confirmed address of the buyer.

PP will indicate "Seller Protection eligible" on the payment. If it does not, then you are on your own.

With due respect. I dont agree with that because I have heard of many items times when Paypal wouldnt follow their own " Seller Protection". That only covers item's not shipped, but if they do a "item not as described" it's over with
Old 07-08-2007

Longevity: 99%

From my experience and what I've heard, "item not as described" is not a very convincing argument for winning a case. People have different definitions, and as long as it's layed out in the listing, you should be fine.
Old 07-09-2007

Longevity: 98%

Yeah and this is BS too as I do not think Paypal even checks the item. From what I remember and it might happen still is that paypal would request the item be send to them for inspection. Then you never get it back and the buyer gets their money.

Here are some things you should do If a buyer wants a refund and is being a real pain in the AZZ. Be Nice, Offer the refund once the item is returned, file with ebay for the mutual agreement that the buyer is returning the item - this way the buyer knows that you are serious because you contacted ebay and let them know. Then after a day or so explain to them that, once the item is refunded that you might not be able to leave feedback, so why not leave it now. You leave some for him/her and hopefully they follow suit. If they do you are in business, especially if they sent the item back without a "delivery method that is trackable online". If they did not then they are S.O.L. with paypal. You then can say the item never was received and must have gotten lost, Ask them if they put insurance on the package. If they say no - then say they are still responsible for it. Afterall if I sent it and it got lost you would be stamping your feet screaming that it was my responsibility to get it to you.. (LOL - I love that part, seeing as buyers feel that way that you are responsible even if they did not purchase insurance). Then if you want after a couple of fun emails you could offer a lower refund... to make them sort of happy.

I had to share that - It is kinda funny and I did that once with a real nasty buyer that thought they knew it all.
Old 07-09-2007
Banned

Yeah someone did that to me too. Buyer was a Rapper from Australia.(he didnt know that). He sent me $130(Western Union) for a piece of clothing. After he receive the item he did a ebay "not describe as" real quick. I'm like what the hell. He was like uhmm bla bla bla. Basically i knew it was some bull. So we go at ot for a few days and i finally gave in. I told him to send it back to me for a refund. No to pause right here for a minute........

I did a search on Myspace with his email. A guess what pops up. His music page and comes to find out he is a rapper and he took some photo shoots with the clothing that i sold him on!(he told me he never wore it). I'm like I'm going to get him good for lying. Basically he just wanted some free clothes for a photo shoot.

okay now back to the point he sends it back and it has stains and other dirt and grime on it, He threatens me and tells me that he will get his money back by ebay and how I'm screwed bla bla bla and that he does this all the time.
(Little do he know Ebay doesn't cover Western Union payments ..hehehe)

I said okay I type in the Ebay dispute the the item is dirty and has stains on it bla bla...and that I deny refund...

2 days later my Ebay decides to bye bye my account and you know the rest..hahahaha Got you beeeeetch.

I emailed later and told him I traced his email on myspace and that I saw the pictures of him wearing the clothing and told him thanks alot! For the free donation!
Old 07-09-2007

Hey Modee,

I did not say it is still happening but in the past it did happen as there was alot of uproar about it. Especially when Paypal wanted the sellers to pay them to ship it back to them. Believe me it did happen in the past, Maybe before your time you young whipper snapper.
Old 07-09-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Another One They Do.

Here is another scam thats happened to me by the paypal clowns.
The buyer uses his credit card to fund his paypal purchase. Then then wait a month or so and then they contact the credit card company and have them reverse the payment and paypal has to pay it back. So your out the product again and the money. I don't see why they shouldn't be made to return the item and prove to paypal that they did BEFORE they give them the money back. I just don't get it...
Old 07-10-2007

Default paypal disputes

yea paypal dosen't care its kinda ****ed up lol ...i recently had a guy calim he didnt recieve his item and hes from canada...so i use usps parcel post outside the US i can use tracking numbers..although i threated him that i had the customs forms and information and he closed the dispute...Does fedEX, UPS or DHL do delivery confirmation for international buyers..let me know..thanx
Old 07-10-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Your item was counterfeit.
You wish you knew Modee don't you? I make and design my own items. Lets put it that way. Now go figure..
Old 07-10-2007
Banned

Quote:
This is a complicated area - what services provide ONLINE trackable ability for international shipments, especially heavier (over 10 lbs) ones. Of course you can always get this with expedited shipment like Express Mail but who wants to go to that expense?

UPS is an option for Canada. Haven't come up with a cheap one for UK yet.

Any other country - doesn't matter. No PayPal Seller Protection policy anyway.
Just do a search on google. I live by a Seaway Terminal. and sometimes I have to ship out items that weigh close to 100 pounds.

I usually ship my heavy items by Freight ship to UK, Canada, Europe. Good thing I'm cool with the Captain.. This ones for you Captain EYE Yi
Old 07-10-2007

so the only international people u got to worry about our people from canada.....
Old 07-10-2007

Does That Square Trade Protect U At All Selling Goods On Ebay That Might Limit Account Or Get You Suspended Do To Copyright Laws...i Saw A Lady Had That Trade Square Seal And All These Items Posted Claiming"dont Buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗" I Have Authethic Stuff But Its Total Bs ..i Dunno Boggles My Mind I Get Kicked Off For Little Things ,
Old 07-10-2007
Banned

hot damnn, I just made $15,000 today pure profit...All drinks on me..!!!!!!!!!!

my new supplier is the best thing since mullets and rock and rolll
Old 07-11-2007
Banned

Modee your funny Actually it fell off a freight ship..Do you want to buy anything?
Old 07-11-2007

Quote:
This is a complicated area - what services provide ONLINE trackable ability for international shipments, especially heavier (over 10 lbs) ones. Of course you can always get this with expedited shipment like Express Mail but who wants to go to that expense?

UPS is an option for Canada. Haven't come up with a cheap one for UK yet.

Any other country - doesn't matter. No PayPal Seller Protection policy anyway.

If the recent conversation I had with PP Resolutions is well founded, this isn't entirely true. The only time Seller Protection is an issue is with chargebacks from fraud and other related things. Item not received claims can still be refuted with a tracking number. Thanks to some unscrupulous deadbeats, I make any paypal payment for international a trackable one now. Doesn't matter the cost. They're paying for it. Oh, and those people who tell you that Priority is trackable...don't believe them. I spent more time than should be allowable by law investigating this. Express Mail is still the best option for overseas, and the only one that gives tracking. And a heck of a lot cheaper than any other carrier. If the item is over a certain price, signature is a must to win any claim.
Old 07-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
hot damnn, I just made $15,000 today pure profit...All drinks on me..!!!!!!!!!!

my new supplier is the best thing since mullets and rock and rolll
Congrats Chris! LOL What the heck are you selling?! We won't report ya! :D
Old 07-11-2007
Banned

I'm looking for some team players to help me move the merchandise. Are you up to it?
Old 07-11-2007

I will bite... What do you have that you want moved for ya.
Old 07-12-2007

This will be interesting to follow up on and I hope this is not true. According to the Paypal rep in resolutions I spoke with, even IF it states "seller protection ineligible" you should be covered with a tracking number. The eligible part mostly comes from fraudulent credit card actions. I'm currently in a claim for just such a case. Will let you know how it turns out, but here's hoping.
Old 07-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
I'm looking for some team players to help me move the merchandise. Are you up to it?
Sure, please PM me with the details
Old 07-12-2007
Banned

Jack,

Are you on the west coast or east coast?