Help on A Case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-12-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Help on A Case

Hi all,

Thanks ahead of time for ones who tried to help.

Here is my situation as a seller:

I sold an article of clothing and then the buyer left a positive feedback already.

Like 2 weeks later, the buyer then contacts me saying that after 3 times of washing it, the item shrunk a bit and they cannot use it anymore.

They request a full refund. I offered to give a refund minus the shipping cost since they even used the items a few times already and item is no longer re-sellable even if returned.

They denied this offer and wants a full refund.
They state that it is not their fault.

What should I do regarding this situation? They already left a positive feedback so I'm not as scared, what worries me is that they will open a case of item not as described.

Please give some insight, thanks everyone who helps.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Help on A Case

It depends on the cost of the item. 1 to 50 dollar range, give them the refund and let them keep it. Anything higher, fight.

They seem to want something for nothing. They know that they are still within their time frame for a refund.

Many members policy here is to avoid cases at all cost.
But, due to them leaving positive feedback and holding the item for 2 weeks, if they did open a case, ebay MIGHT (Emphasis on MIGHT) rule in your favor.

You can eat the costs if it is not a significant loss, block the bidder on all accounts and keep on trucking.

Or

you can risk having a case open. (Which will be the most likely scenario)
Which can shut you down.
Old 02-12-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

I thought that there is a health law in place where clothing are not allowed to be returned once sold to a customer?

Or that doesn't apply to eBay?
Old 02-12-2014

Longevity: 66%

sounds like this is an issue of not knowing how to properly wash clothes. seriously, buyers can be such tools.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr2005 For This Useful Post:
nyc (02-12-2014), unkown5454 (02-14-2014)
Old 02-12-2014

Longevity: 63%

Since they left you a positive feedback the only thing you have to worry about is the dispute case. What I would do is tell them sure you would issue a refund and let them ship the item back to you. After you receive the package just process their refund minus the shipping fee. Most of the time when buyers see they gotten most of the money back they won't bother wasting more time getting back shipping cost. But of course it depends on how expensive the shipping fee for this order.
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

What I would NOT Do in your Case is Issue a Full Refund, Simply Because you already Offered a Refund Minus the Shipping Costs Back to you,,,Well Here is a FLASH,,,IF, the Open a Case,,and IF they Escalated it to Ebay,,the WORST Thing that Can Happed is that Ebay will Force the Buyer to return the item back to you at THEIR Expense, even if your listing states the you will pay for return shipping,,,so you have NO Downside,,,

Now, you CANNOT be afraid if you lose the account, if the account has not had to many issues BELIEVE Me it can take an Item Not Described Case, without ANY Problem,,,Again the WORST thing that can happen is that you lose the account,,,BIG DEAL,,,Make another,,,

Sorry, but for me it is IMPOSSIBLE to just Bend Over and Take it in the a$$
unkown5454 (02-14-2014), yankee (02-13-2014)
Old 02-13-2014
Threadstarter  

If I respond to him saying I'll give him full refund but he has to return the item first.

What if he requests a return label? I hella don't want to give this scammer a prepaid label.
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Well you either want to sort the matter or you want to go on complaining.

What makes you think the buyer will listen to you?

What makes you think ebay will go along with your point of view?

Is the cost very high for a refund?
Old 02-13-2014
Threadstarter  

The buyer will probably go on being a nuisance until he gets his refund and scam the clothing wear.

It is around 50 dollars worth with shipping included.
Just sucks to run into these buyers.
Old 02-13-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Just put him in your block list, and request the item mailed back to you prior to refunding.
He cannot ask for shipping label, doesn't work that way
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

In this case. I have to agree with other members. I would definitely add to you blocked list. If they have left positive feedback I would ignore any messages until anything further comes of it.

It is crazy how much sellers get screwed over now. I had a listing myself recently. Clothing with a size chart saying make sure to check measurements I took by hand before buying. Some jerk didn't read anything then got the item and opened a case against me because he said the item didn't fit even though I had a clear disclaimer saying check the measurements and compare to something you own. Then he tried to lie to me that it was an eBay glitch he really tried to buy a size smaller. I made an exception and said send it back I will ship the size you want and I will eat the shipping.

This guy was so arrogant and went on a rant about how it was my fault I chose eBay platform and blah blah blah. Even though he acknowledged after he checked out the size it said he was going to receive. Never messaged me even knowing this. But though I should pay for him to send it back even though he is lying pc of crap. The complete arrogance of some people is unreal. Unwilling to admit they messed up. Been dealing with this crap for years. Just sucks having to deal with buyers who knowingly try to **** you over.

To be honest buyers who are like I messed up bought the wrong size etc. I always try to help them out even if it costs me money. But people who want to lie to me and be jerks about it. I just have no sympathy for that.

Last edited by vogeltron; 02-13-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I win all ebay cases like this. I never worry about having an item not as described. I take it a bit further. I request the buyer to open a case, then call ebay and have them close it in my favor after reading messages. The buyer admitted fault in bother ebay and paypals eyes.
Old 02-13-2014

Longevity: 59%

as long as it is a legit account and not stealth, call ebay and show messages and the positive feedback they left.

I have won a plus thousand dollar case this way. show them the positive feedback left and that should really help your side.
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

If it is legit, I would fight it. Again, if it is legit, I would call eBay and talk to them about this. You'll probably have them on your side before the jackass even opens the case. I mean, how is it your fault that the jackass doesn't know how to wash clothes? Maybe he grew instead of the clothes shrinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014

I like what slapped said and would follow that unless you can afford to refund plus freight. I hate being threatened with that.

Last edited by joesshooze; 02-14-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
as long as it is a legit account and not stealth, call ebay and show messages and the positive feedback they left.

I have won a plus thousand dollar case this way. show them the positive feedback left and that should really help your side.
The positive feedback can be critical to winning too since the buyer has been happy with it - at least until now.
Old 02-14-2014

Longevity: 86%

Some buyers are just idiots!

I had a buyer purchase a lovely tortoiseshell hair accessory - real shell not faux.

Several weeks later she emailed that she wore in in a hot shower and all the polish had come off and it had gone dull. She wanted to return it!

Duh.

Well she was outside the time limit for a claim via either PP or Ebay so I told her "Well sorry but the goods arrived with you in perfect condition, you left positive feedback and then you damaged them yourself through mis use. My insurers will not consider a refund"

She complained "well there was nothing in the listing to explain that I couldnt wear it in the shower."

I could not resist telling her that "antiques dont come with an instruction manual"

She was of course promoted to my blocked list.
Old 02-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I thought that there is a health law in place where clothing are not allowed to be returned once sold to a customer?

Or that doesn't apply to eBay?
No selling law ever applies to ebay or their buyers. Put plenty of laws apply to their sellers.

But seriously, I have never heard of such law. Maybe overseas, yes??
Old 02-15-2014

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
No selling law ever applies to ebay or their buyers. Put plenty of laws apply to their sellers.

But seriously, I have never heard of such law. Maybe overseas, yes??
Laws change from country to country. EBay sellers in the UK are bound to obey statutory rights, for example.