Scraping the bottom of the barrel - Ccnow Terminated My Account! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 07-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Scraping the bottom of the barrel - Ccnow Terminated My Account!

Hi. One of my orders that I received was staying in batch processing for a long time so I decided to call CCNOW and they said my account was terminated due to the sell of one order of oem software. I had no clue that they prohibited the sell of oem software and it was just one order. I have buyers money in batch processing now and I don't know what to tell them? What should I do? Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
They will most likely cancel the order.
HOW did they know it was an OEM software order?
Ive used ccnow fro almost a year now--
Its possible--theyve taken so much heat from ole Paypal--theyve updated
their software to search for keywords in the item titles?
Old 07-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Hi ebayhluv. I called yesterday and asked why the order was taking so long in batch processing and they said it would be done within 24-hours. Well, I called this morning becasue it was still in processing and they said they were going to look at it and get it figured out while I was on the phone. Well, two minutes later they come back and tell me that I sold a prohibited item and they would deny the payment and not only that they then said that my account has been terminated.

I was pretty shocked, I had no clue a simple call to CCNOW would lead to a terminated account, I also at the time had a payment coming through for $700 for a lot of expensive high end audio equipment and they said that would be canceled also even though that was an acceptable item. Anyways, I got an e-mail about three hours ago saying I had an order pending and I put in the shipping information for the $700 order and it went into the pay area. Now, every time I log in my account it says it has been terminated which is bologna.

CCNOW didn't even give me a warning nor a chance to explain myself nor did I know that one oem software sale would send me up crap alley. Anyways, I went through their list of prohibited items and oem software was not on the list.

I assume that CCNOW after the order went to stat code 22 or manual review, reviewed the auction # for the invoice I sent the buyer and went through the listing to see the details of the item I was selling and from there made their enlightened decision to screw me big time since I have about 16 auctions ending this weekend of which none are software.

Well, I still have $1700 in the account which I should be able to withdraw on the 16th of this month pending any CCNOW reviews which might delay that withdraw and of which CCNOW has notified me is possible.
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 93%

jerkyboy....just a quick post. OEM is always illegal to sell. Be very careful.

Good Luck
Old 07-10-2008
Threadstarter  

I understand ccnow in not wanting oem software sales ran through their company, but what I don't understand is that it is not listed on their prohibited items list and it was only one sale and legitimate at that. Oem software can be bought everywhere just go to newegg. I don't understand is why they automatically cancel my account they could have warned me and I would never break a rule again, it was too harsh.
Old 07-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Jerky..can't you just open a new ccnow account?
Old 07-11-2008
Threadstarter  

I'm not sure. Do you guys think that would be smart or they could do some kind of linkage? Especially if the auction invoices I'm sending are coming from the same seller? I'm sure they would figure it out.
Old 07-25-2008

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
Jerky..can't you just open a new ccnow account?
i think they will block u again
Old 07-25-2008

HI: Ive never been susp by ccnow--
BUT- I think they would def know if u would end same inv,,ONLY way to find out is to try-
I would suggest:
a.) diff i.p.
b.) diff email for them
c.) diff bank
d.) diff zipcode
Try it--see what happens + let us know..
Old 07-28-2008
Threadstarter  

First of all that comment is very wrong to say the least, that is like saying if you get suspended by eBay or your account is limited by paypal you're not trustworthy!

CCNOW is very bland and non discrete in their banned items list and no where does it state OEM software nor does it state anything else regarding specific items which people sell everyday and which violate their policy which results in a ban. So, the truth is any one can be suspended by CCNOW and it has nothing to do with trustworthiness or how credible of a seller one is.

I don't know if that comment was pointed towards me or had a message behind it, but I will assume it is not since you're a good guy.
Old 07-28-2008

Well, JB:
I wouldnt get discouraged..
We all have our ups and downs in this Virtual world

I would either try to set up a new one, OR: get yourself a regular merchant acct-like from first data, also-i made a thread
(if its not moved or gone)--
about 2 months ago--in regards to Alternatives to Paypal--
Companies that actually accept paypal on your behalf--theres not many--but you cna link from the main page--under alternatives..
Good Luck
Old 07-28-2008

HI: Well- I searched myself-and the thread is gone..
So--anyhow-
I remember one of them, its called 2checkout..
google them, and research-- I personally have never used them, but others have..
I just cant find the post--Maybe it got moved when the forum moved to another server?
Old 07-28-2008
Threadstarter  

I actually am now in a good groove with paypal and have another ccnow account opened for about three weeks. I have transferred over $2200 out of three separate PayPal accounts in the past two weeks and with no problems and all are only 30 days old and verified. All accounts had the ssn requirement removed by paypal and all accounts restored without giving out information.

P.S. : I now know a sure fire way to beat PP and their SSN requirement which nobody else knows about and the process they use to identify a person!!!!!!! PM me if interested.

Also. This method will only be give to chosen people who can be trusted and for everyone else I'm sorry too much sensitive information.

Last edited by jerkyboy1; 07-28-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2008
Threadstarter  

Please don't pm me at this time the information and tactics are top secret and could be stolen and alerted to paypal all of which I came up with on my own and are MY SECRETS and I take credit for!
Old 07-29-2008

okay, how about for a small price you can share the info.
Old 07-29-2008
Threadstarter  

hi atari4u. I really don't put a price on my tactics because I want to be able to use them from here on into the future. If I decide to give it out it will be free, but not at this point and you're new and not established, sorry.
Old 07-29-2008
Banned

How about me, jerkyboy? I'm trustworthy. Lots of people here can vouch for me.
Old 07-30-2008
Threadstarter  

hi. I'm sorry everybody. Right now I can't give it out and if I do I will get a list of people from the moderators of who is trustworthy and then from there I will disperse possibly but to a few only. Please don't ask anymore kindly, thanks.
Old 07-30-2008
Banned

One way is to call Paypal and tell them you are uncomfortable with revealing SSN.
Old 07-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Smile

yeah that can work but with low success like 25% of the time it works and if it doesn't then you're screwed because they will most likely lock it all up. It is usually a one or two shot deal and after that you have no chance and the key is to be ready ahead of time.

Last edited by jerkyboy1; 07-30-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2008

I just tired that today and was on there phones on hold for 1 hour and 18 min. My paypal account is limited and they wanted my SS nubmer, they wanted me to fax them my supplier info (which can't be done cuaes the items I had were acquired from my job), my address and phone number. I don't have a landline number so they won't accept that. And so then I choose to send the info to my verify my location by mail. They have my old address in there systems and about 4 months ago, before the account was limited, I placed in my current address. But they sent the verify info to the old address. So I called them to see if they can send it to the my current location that was already on there files. They said they couldn't do anything until they get my ss number. Since there not a financial institution I'm not giving them that info. I'll just open another account. Also i never accepted payments with my paypal. I only used it to pay for my ebay selling fees and to buy stuff on ebay.
Old 07-30-2008
Threadstarter  

the more and more you learn about pp and their games you should realize that accepting any type of money under your real name and important or sensitive information is a no no.