Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-14-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

I need some serious help because I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am a fulltime seller on eBay so me not having income right now is killing me...

My original account 12 years old got killed because of low DSR on shipping time.

I reopened up a new "legit" stealth account with the following.

- EIN/LLC Name with EIN instead of SSN
- Contact name I used a misspelling of my name
- New address ( UPS STORE )
- Google Voice Phone Number
- Cleared all cookies etc / Bought new Modem/Router

I opened up the account and I instantly had a 5/500 limit. I sold some items and shipped right away and received positive feedback.

I then got ballsy and called eBay using Cell Phone Android Google Voice APP. When I called them on the phone, they knew who I was right away...

They asked me a series of verification questions like "have you ever lived in the following streets and my addess I live at was on there" "which of these social security numbers are your last 4 digits" and my social was on the list they said.

I of course lied and said none of above so they said I failed the test. They put me on hold to ebay supervisor and she came on the phone and said reason my account was limited was because of my old account. Therefore I was screwed they somehow linked me which I cannot figure out how...

After talking with the lady she actually REINSTATED my old account and lifted the limit on this account! She gave me a 100 item/$5,000 limit. She said she liked my business plan and products I sell. She said she wasn't suppose to do it but got it approved.

Everything going great, I shipped same day, 100% positive feedback and 5 Star DSR. This morning I saw eBay called my phone and I didn't answer.

I got notification saying MC999 account selling suspended indefidently.

I called eBay and they said because of my old account that I cant have a new one. I told them it was appealed and they reinstated me. He said that shouldn't have been done and locked me out...

Can someone please help me. I'm beyond frustrated, panicking because this is my full time income and I have $0 income coming in now!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2014

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

No worries. This is how it goes and eBay is done with you.

Your only possibility of doing business on eBay is to become a completely new person. COMPLETELY, no evidence of NOT being who you say you are. A new PayPal account as well.

You need to read many more posts regarding the best way possible to create and operate a successful stealth account or consider buying an account from a well established account seller (Sandy) here at the Marketplace.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-15-2014 at 12:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vetman90 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-18-2014)
Old 01-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Legit "Stealth" banned after I won an appeal? What am I doing wrong?!

I am a pretty tech savvy person...

I cant understand how they linked me? Before I was selling under personal account.

I completely changed everything...

I opened new business ebay and paypal. I went and got a whole new address. I got bank account and legit debit at the address. Google voice.

I made a new user and I even CC Cleaned all my old user accounts on the computer...

I bought a new router changed IP.

And all my new info is in another city about 10 miles away. I even changed my name slightly such as Sean instead of Shawn then used my normal last name which is VERY common.

But they told me on phone my account got 5/500 right away because of the instant linking to my old account. And even when I called them on my google voice phone. They knew it was me...Its driving me nuts because it was a lot time and effort and money opening up all new stuff. I average about 10-15K in profit not gross from ebay a month so I HAVE to get back on ASAP.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-14-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Everything was made too close to the original account.

It is best recommended to never call ebay and let increases happen naturally. (No matter how slow they can be :( )
Old 01-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why do you have no FLAG on your profile?

Meant to have a flag so we can reply correctly.

Old 01-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaypdllc View Post

I cant understand how they linked me? Before I was selling under personal account.

And all my new info is in another city about 10 miles away. I even changed my name slightly such as Sean instead of Shawn then used my normal last name which is VERY common.

But they told me on phone my account got 5/500 right away because of the instant linking to my old account. And even when I called them on my google voice phone. They knew it was me...Its driving me nuts because it was a lot time and effort and money opening up all new stuff. I average about 10-15K in profit not gross from ebay a month so I HAVE to get back on ASAP.
Bad move to do a name variation. That is NOT completley changing everything.

To be stealth, you have to make sure there is nothing to link you to old accounts.

You have to assume ebay can work out name variations.

Before you start over, read the forum in depth. Avoid calling in to ebay to get your account 'checked'. Let it grow naturally.

When you learn stealth it can work. Take the time to make it happen.

Good Luck

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-15-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:

I opened new business ebay and paypal. I went and got a whole new address. I got bank account and legit debit at the address. Google voice.

I made a new user and I even CC Cleaned all my old user accounts on the computer...

I bought a new router changed IP.

All this is Ok, as was pointed out, your Information is Too CLOSE to the Original (Name)

Now, I have Said this COUNTLESS Times on this Forum, Ebay/Paypal's PRIMARY methods to link accounts are "Browser Fingerprinting" and "User" Profiling, using those 2 methods they can establish a nearly 100% Positive match, All the other methods simply supplement these 2 Primary methods. I have written MANY Posts on these 2 methods, use the search bar to find them
rsot (01-15-2014)
Old 01-15-2014

here is also one thing that can link you.

one word ..... STYLE ......

not only do you have to change everything 'behind the scenes'

u need to change your style or ways of identifying u.

sometimes thats the easiest to miss!
The Following User Says Thank You to keepongoing For This Useful Post:
winnerwinner900 (01-18-2014)
Old 01-15-2014
Banned

Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

im disagreeing with the name variation stuff that linked him...

im not sure you deleted everything on your computer quite as much as you should have.

in the future, just make a new user account dedicated to your sales. And use file scrubbers for everything that goes into your listings (I just learned about this) so if you use the same pictures and such on your listing, they could have a footprint that leads back to you.

good luck with overcoming this. I actually called ebay in attempt to reinstate my old account, because the reasons are pretty asinine. I should have a response on the 20th..

just be sure to clean yourself well. maybe even format your computer
Old 01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
here is also one thing that can link you.

one word ..... STYLE ......

not only do you have to change everything 'behind the scenes'

u need to change your style or ways of identifying u.

sometimes thats the easiest to miss!

I have to agree with this post. You need to make sure your item descriptions are different than they used to be, don't use old images, make sure item titles are different. All of that.
Old 01-22-2014

Longevity: 60%

Not sure if it was already addressed, and I am pretty sure it will be addressed, but name variation is something that is mentioned in the stealth guide as something that WILL NOT link you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzoman For This Useful Post:
jackjjohn (01-22-2014), Lolitax (01-22-2014)
Old 01-23-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

They are killing a ton of accounts for low DSRs.

Whatever you do, do not allow your DSRS to go low.

A lower end employee ok'd the appeal and it was looked at by a supervisor who changed it.
Old 01-23-2014

Longevity: 86%

No one in their right mind would call EB unless they had to. Dont rock the boat!
Old 01-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Could have been item you were selling was same, did you change picture and scrub them? What about beacons? Did you block pics in gmail? ITS NOT automatic anymore. You need to do it in settings before you ever get a email from ebay...

Besides that by the sound of questions it could have been the name resembled another name too close to your location and they matched it up.

I doubt they are using fingerprinting yet or many more people would be caught. Myself included.
Old 02-18-2014

Longevity: 73%

I don't think buying a new modem will change your ip address if you are still with the same internet provider that has a dynamic ip which stays the same.

I could be way off, just a guess.
Old 02-18-2014

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 69%

get a 3 or t mobile dongle
Old 02-22-2014

Longevity: 58%

I bought a new computer and prepaid internet so there's no way they will be able to link me to my new account, only thing i worry about is selling similar items because i don't want them to be like "oh your living in the same city as this banned account and selling same items".
Old 02-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by last3379 View Post
I don't think buying a new modem will change your ip address if you are still with the same internet provider that has a dynamic ip which stays the same.

I could be way off, just a guess.
Correct - you need to change the IP provider.
Old 02-22-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:

One of the many things that can outsmart tech savvy people is IP linking.

When we starting to create a new Stealth Account, we might have not kept record of the IPs we used prior to being Stealth. It is very likely that, the first IP address and geolocation/IP location, you used was recorded in the suspended account.

Just move on and remember to go wild changing that mac address. Instead of changing the last octet, change the 7th octet.

Since I started Stealthing, I am yet to get the same IP address on different accounts.