UK PayPal buyers scam - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default UK PayPal buyers scam

Just a heads up I've recently had 3 open cases on PayPal for an item that was paid for on eBay by a relatively new user with a strange user names like computer generated type user names.

After about a day or two and the item is marked as shipped, you will get hit by PayPal saying the account owner has reported an unauthorised access to his or her account.

Thankfully in 2 of the 3 cases, i didn't actually send the item (was just about to) before the notices came in so I managed to close the case with a refund and keep my original item for resale.

However in the 3rd case, I had already dispatched it but with tracking! Uploaded this with PayPal and after 10 days, they have not refunded me and sided with the buyer who has signed for and received the product! Even the tracking said so

To say I'm furious with PayPal is a understatement, some little freak has just scammed me out of £55 so much for Seller protection program! Seller protection my a$%e!!!

I'm obviously going to contest this with PP by ringing them up as Ive checked the seller protection requirements and I tick every box!

So a headsup, if you get a buyer who has an unusual eBay user id like pfy0x5c1q with little or no feedback then be very careful! It could be a scam to get you to send the item (mark as dispatched) then you could be hit with the unauthorised access claim whilst the scamer receives your item and PayPal not to refund you, i.e you get screwed!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: UK PayPal buyers scam

Sucks to hear it happen to you - I try to avoid those buyers with little or no feedback.

I even delay my ship times by few days to see what happens...hope you win
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
sax4 (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014

Longevity: 65%

Thank you for the heads up, never heard of this type of scam before!
Old 02-17-2014

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 69%

appeal the case an upload tracking proof and receipt
Old 02-17-2014

Longevity: 60%

Phone PayPal regarding the case, ask the address to which your lawyer can contact them and they'll say they'll 'get back to you' and reverse the case / refund your money. Make sure to say you've kept all your proof of postage and you have (lie) written confirmation from the post office of identities and deliveries.

It's all about bluffing.
Old 02-18-2014

Longevity: 59%

always take a sceen shot of the transaction page where it shows you are covered.

trust me , i have seen this change from covered to not covered in the middle of a transaction

if i had not of taken a screenshot i would have been down over 1k

a guy bought something from me and paid with card, i didn't realize paypal front the money as card transaction take a few days to process, however i didn't trust the guy so took screen shots of everything, a week later my account went in to the red for just over 1k and the guy had my item, i was fuming, when i looked at the transaction page it have changed from o.k to send this item fully covered to check with buyer partially covered and paypal wouldn't give me my money back, i emailed the screenshots and got my money back in the end but it wasn't without a fight.

so paypal move the goal posts to suite themselves too
Old 02-19-2014

you can always set buyer limits and not allow those with zero feedback or with strikes on there name to limit the risk to your account
Old 02-20-2014

Longevity: 59%

wouldn't of helped in my situation, it was a sale from ym website.
Old 02-22-2014

where abouts on paypal does it says covered and then not covered ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E B A Y View Post
always take a sceen shot of the transaction page where it shows you are covered.

trust me , i have seen this change from covered to not covered in the middle of a transaction

if i had not of taken a screenshot i would have been down over 1k

a guy bought something from me and paid with card, i didn't realize paypal front the money as card transaction take a few days to process, however i didn't trust the guy so took screen shots of everything, a week later my account went in to the red for just over 1k and the guy had my item, i was fuming, when i looked at the transaction page it have changed from o.k to send this item fully covered to check with buyer partially covered and paypal wouldn't give me my money back, i emailed the screenshots and got my money back in the end but it wasn't without a fight.

so paypal move the goal posts to suite themselves too