AOL and the IP address???? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-10-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default AOL and the IP address????

Hi everybody:
i was writing down during these last couple days my IP address from my ISP and from AOL : these are my results.
first of all my ISP is verizon inc, everytime i have a new IP when i switch my box on and off staying in the same region and different hostname which is good .

with AOL , it gives different ip during every session but not in the same region or state which is not good if you are trying to set addresses close to your region.
plus the hostname is not shown and it is high anonymous proxy (Ebay doesn't like that.)
ISP--->NY AOL--->VA

i tried this test from 2 different locations : Home and CyberCafe.
i used My IP Information
so any suggestions.

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

What's the question?
Old 07-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by simogold View Post
first of all my ISP is verizon inc, everytime i have a new IP when i switch my box on and off staying in the same region and different hostname which is good .
quote by aspkin
"Your IP address is the easiest way eBay can track who you are and even where you're from."

Quote:
Originally Posted by – ASPKIN - The eBay Suspensions Guide - How To Get Back On eBay!
- Step two! Once you obtain a new credit card your ready to create your seller account. When entering your credit card details your personal information should automatically be entered, your name and address. Try to use this information first when submitting your credit card, 90% of the time eBay will accept this information which should be your bogus name and address. Never use your same name or address on any eBay account; be sure you to use your same city and country for IP reasons. Once your credit card has been accepted you'll need to enter your banking information.
Old 07-10-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
quote by aspkin
"Your IP address is the easiest way eBay can track who you are and even where you're from."
Uhm, your like 15 years late my man
Old 07-10-2007

Chris Hanson - Information is power.

One knows eBay track your every move, but one wants to draw potential red flag and pushing eBay to act

Quote:
with AOL , it gives different ip during every session but not in the same region or state which is not good if you are trying to set addresses close to your region.
plus the hostname is not shown and it is high anonymous proxy (Ebay doesn't like that.)
ISP--->NY AOL--->VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin
**Don't use your same name or street address. If your name is Marcus Miranda, be sure to change a few letters in your name to elude eBay. You're new name would be Marcs Mirnda. You can actually use any name you want. I use this site to find my new names. Funny Names. It's your choice, just remember never use your same name or address but be sure to keep your city and country the same. You don't want to draw unwanted attention from eBay. Trust me on this.**
Old 07-10-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i don't understand what you mean?
the subject here is AOL and IP ?
i think i have more experience than some of people here.....
Old 07-11-2007

Longevity: 98%

Giggle Giggle...

What Aspkin is saying is that Ebay tracks your every move by cookies, Ip etc... Although everyone might know this NOT everyone takes precautions to prevent it or hinder it.

Using AOL (for me) is fine, I have not had any problems in 8 years. Recently, if the ip does not match up they ask for a cc to verify you first to complete the "free" registration.
No biggy as you have the card in hand ready to go if they do. Also this allows to you to create accounts in different states, but be sure you have the right zip code, area code and prefix for the area you are using (google is good for this) then setup the cc before hand with that information and you are good to go.

If you use Simon - buy a card for that person with that information and you are set.

AllAccess - these gift cards you go online and setup the billing information when you want. This has to be done they say if you want to use it online. They do not confirm your identity they just accept what you put in there.

Although, the IP trough AOL might raise flags in the beginning on you if you start your accounts slow and then start selling you won't have a problem.
Old 07-11-2007

I have noticed that some convenience stores are now offering gift cards. Can I use them?
Old 07-11-2007
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thank you man, this is how the pro talks....
Old 07-11-2007
Banned

Do the 30 days rule, do the AOL thing, you'll be fine. eBay knows AOL users have new ip's all the time. Ive closed on 4 high priced auctions in the past 2-3 weeks on one of my aol 30+ days ebay accounts.
Old 07-12-2007

Simongold – thank you for extensive research to point out the different of the “good’ and the “not good’, between local ISP and AOL’s IP issues.

AOL is a no brainer, for not have to turn on and off one’s modem each time to achieve different IP address, great for anyone who has multiple new and old Ebay accounts as one log on to different accounts daily, for one wants to open another new Ebay account and need to reset the IP address, perhaps neglect or doesn’t know how to.
Using AOL is great for IP purpose.

My question to you are : should I use local ISP or AOL service to prolong my newly established Ebay account with IP address being the topic here, would you advise me to log on to my Ebay account while I am traveling from state to state, country to country in hotel or where WIFI is available?

With your the “good’ “bad” AOL and IP issue, the ugly facts is:
I want to keep my new Ebay account alive and under radar as long as possible, For I do not have the correct document needed to fax in when asks by Ebay. Perhaps Ebay will never ask for them.

why won’t Ebay like anonymous proxy? Ebay should not be able to touch you if you are legit from the jump- true name ,address, phone number and bank account number.

So any suggestions,

thanks

Quote:
Hi everybody:
i was writing down during these last couple days my IP address from my ISP and from AOL : these are my results.

ISP--->NY AOL--->VA

i tried this test from 2 different locations : Home and CyberCafe.
i used My IP Information
so any suggestions.

thanks