Question about accepting returns & PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-29-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Question about accepting returns & PayPal

On my suspended ebay acct and pp acct I'm no longer using and have cancelled all bank links to......buyer filed pp dispute claiming item not as described. I disagreed and so off to dispute-land we went. PP suggested they return the item, which they did, and there isn't a freaking thing wrong with this and it is EXACTLY as described. I'm thinking this is a case of buyer's not reading description correctly or simply realizing they shouldn't have spent the cash.
This really pisses me off! Don't buyers have an obligation to pay for and accept what they agree to buy? This is not something that is easily resold, it is unique and was meticulously described. Now what do I do in terms of responding to PayPal? There isn't any money in that account and isn't going to be any money in that account ever again.
Do I, as a seller, just have to suck it up everytime someone changes their mind? With this type of item a return would NEVER be accepted at a retail store and leaving it on their doorstep would sure the heck not get them a refund any easier or quicker. Any input appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2008

Hey, you and I have both suffer this unfortunate responsibility that comes with doing business. And I will tell you this, if you offer to issue a refund before the user files a claim you'll have a better chance of avoiding negative feedback.
This is something that took me a while to wrap my head around. But the faster you understand this concept the easier it will be for you to survive on ebay.
Old 07-29-2008

Longevity: 92%

it is different in every situation and you got to be able to read your customer and get in his head and think what he is going to do and go from their. if you think he will leave you positive feedback if you refund him instantly then go ahead. If you have worries I would tell him to leave you positive feedback and you will refund immediately thereafter because you don't want to be a victim of buyer extortion due to ebay's new feedback policy's and communicate with him nicely and all will work out well.
Old 07-30-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This was from an item I sold right before I got suspended. So feedback is not the issue, they can't leave it and I'm permanently suspended from selling under that account. The issue is really with PayPal but it pisses me off that they can decide FOR ME, the seller, whether or not I MUST accept a return just because a buyer changes their mind. I was not given an option, "hey, if they agree to ship it back to you would you then issue a refund?" Ugh, I'm just tired, sorry if I sound b--chy
Old 07-30-2008

just tell pp you don't take refunds on the item and that the package was delivered and show tracking and delivery and that is it or take your money and run.
Old 07-30-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

jerkyboy....PP doesn't give a d--n what my policy, or your policy is. If you are accepting PP you ARE accepting returns because once the buyer is able to prove they shipped it back to you PP WILL side with them and try to get them back their money. But in my case, there is no money to given them so I wonder what they will do then?
Old 07-30-2008

Make your account negative and send debt collectors from what Ive heard.
Old 07-31-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Now, if I want to refund her, but not through PayPal, I can send her a check or money order and ask that she close the dispute. Noting on the check, "final refund amount owed for ----- transaction number" If I understand correctly, once you enter something like that on the check and the payee cashes it, they have no recourse for future demands of additional refund amounts. Of course, I need to know if ebay will be refunding her immediately and then trying to get it out of me through other means, or if they will have to tell her, sorry no funds in this account? 'Cause obviously I don't want her to be double refunded....
She returned the item, and although she is full of crap about the condition and I firmly believe it is simply buyer's remorse, I feel like I would be a thief if I kept the merchandise AND the money. If it were a real simple item to resale I wouldn't care as much, but it isn't and it just pisses me off that people think it is okay to operate that way. Of course on ebay they feel it is okay to operate that way because they encourage the buyer to do whatever in the he-- they want to do.....with no consequences to their actions.
Old 07-31-2008

sending a check is plain dumb. They can cash it and claim to pp they never receive their refund and have debt collectors coming for you.
Old 08-18-2008

If there is no money in the Paypal acct. or bank acct. associated with the Paypal acct. then screw it they cant get the money from you
Old 08-18-2008

WRONG! Paypal will simply give the buyer all your local information and the buyer will file a report with the cops. There is NO way to win! If you were smart enough to remove all your accounts and personal info Paypal cannot get the money from you directly but they will try bill collectors if they have your social security number on file. OTHERWISE it is the cops!

Last edited by Modee; 08-18-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thats jsut somthing you have to deal with...A customer said my items were counterfeit(which i know there werent, and i know where i purchased it from).
Long story short, paypal told me to not sell coutnerfeit items and the buyer return the item...Recived the item back today and just resold it..

Good luck