Beware of any dealings with T&S - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-29-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%
Default Beware of any dealings with T&S

My original account got suspended about 8 mo's ago, wasn't to big of an issue as I asked my best friend if I could open an account using his info. And I was up and running with absolutely no problems, even used my same PayPal account with the changed email and same IP address etc. Wish I would have researched this site sooner! Actually hard to believe I wasn't suspended sooner?

Anyway my parents have an Ebay account and they were trying to sell some watches, but Ebay would only let them sell them in the US unless they lifted their selling limits. So...I wrote Trust and Safety while signed into their account (not knowing about this IP thing)......And "BAM" one week later four PERFECT accounts were suspended saying they were linked to another suspended account.

In my opinion T&S looked into the selling limits and found IP address issues etc. and decided to take out everything! Which is SAD because Ebay is a hobby for them and because of my original suspended account....They don't have that anymore! And from what I've read on these posts, it doesn't look good for them to get reinstated. They are currently in the appeals process and I'll let you know how it turns out for them.

For myself I will be up and running with all this info. on this site. My game plan will be just make one bullet proof account instead of several back-ups.

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-29-2008 at 11:44 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

But, why no back ups??? I guess I have gotten paranoid.. not only with ebay , but all online stuff.
Old 07-29-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

For myself additional back-up accounts are really not an issue. My Ebay sales are generally about $1500 a month with just about $800 of that being profit. I list about 20 items a month, I guess I would be concidered a recreational user.

The only issue I'm somewhat concerned about it the social security number I might have to use with the new PayPal account. And that might not even be an issue because I don't remember giving that out on my original PP account.

The big bummer out of all this is my parents account. I would gladly pay Ebay $1000 to get their account back and to leave it alone!

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-03-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

No need to worry about SS# now...but eventually you will probably need to supply it. So at least have one back-up account in case you ever need to supply your SS# to PayPal.
Old 07-30-2008

Thats sad about your parents really. very sad and shows all what can happen online. no recourse to justice in most cases and a cold heartless response from ebay in most cases. Probably your ma a dad enjoyed there little site and was ineresting for them too.
Old 07-30-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

It would be a nice thing and try and get your parents a new account also.
Old 07-30-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Hi Orbit!
I do want to get them a NEW account and they want one too, but they want to do the appeals process 1st and totally exhaust that fully.
Probably a good idea anyway because after that they can close their linked PayPal account and I get everything ready for their NEW accounts.
I will totally restore their computers with the restore disc's, change their IP address and get them set-up at the UPS Store with a New address, New Bank Account.
They really shouldn't have any issues, they never had any before. Its only because of my old account (when I was learning) that got suspended that caused all this due to linking.
Like I said before....Ebay is just a hobby for them. They Love to garage sell and sell their little items. They make about $300-$400 a month profit on Ebay that they don't even need. Its just FUN for them.
Now they just wait and wait and wait for the T&S Gods to reinstate them. Maybe it will happen? Who knows? My Mom wrote them a well written letter explaining the details included with the FAX of their documents.
Well it could happen....RIGHT? They are just low end sellers with PERFECT Feedback. We'll See? LOL
Old 08-10-2008
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Well guess what? ............

My parents account got reinstated 1 hour ago! So it can actually happen if an account was linked to suspended user.

The kicker is they also reinstated my old account on the original suspension, but not the one I was recently using when all this happened.

I have decided not to use my old account and just start fresh so there is no way to jeopardize my parents account.