Need Advice-creating new Ebay account with friend's info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Need Advice-creating new Ebay account with friend's info

My ebay account was indefinitely suspended from listing only in the video game category, but unfortunately that's where 90% of my sales are made. Great account too. 4.9+ on all dsrs, 100% positive feedback with almost 400 ratings and no limits as far as I can tell. Sucks.

Anyway, my friend/co-worker has never had an ebay or PayPal account, and he offered to let me use all of his info to make new ones for myself. Name, address, phone #, SSN, checking account, credit card, whatever I need (good friend). I'll probably never get another chance to set up a legitimate account, so I don't want to do anything that might run even a slight risk of ebay connecting it with my old account and getting banned. I've read alot on the forum, but I need some advice from you guys.

-If I change the IP address at my house and create a new user on my pc, is there anything else I need to take care of so I can access it the account at home?

-I primarily did my work on ebay on my cell phone. I have Verizon and I'm pretty sure they use dynamic IPs for their mobile connections, so can I still use my phone for ebay stuff? I can do a clean factory reset, but is there anything else I should worry about? What about when it's connected to the Wi-Fi at my house?

-Most of what I sold were various video game items. For example, I would buy a collector's edition of a game and sell the included items piecemeal. It's not a steady market, so I would sell maybe $1000-$2000 in a month a few times a year. Since I'll have a new, clean, and verifiable account, do I need to start selling slowly like you guys recommend when opening up a new stealth account? Or can I just start selling like I normally would?

-What's the safest way to transfer the money from his PayPal account to mine? I'm assuming linking my checking account to his PayPal account will get me busted? If he just transfers it to my PayPal account, will they pick up on the fact that all the money he's making is going to my account?

Any help you guys can offer I would really appreciate. Thanks everyone.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Need Advice-creating new Ebay account with friend's info

A really really really REALLY poor idea to use your friend's info.

Before you go ahead and do a single thing in making an account, PLEASE read the forum.

Your ideas are not quite in order to make stealth accounts as you are going to get a lot of grief.

Tell us what type of cell phone gets used?
Old 02-27-2014

Longevity: 73%

I think it would be best Not to use your friends information just set up a new one with different name, address and details save yourself a lot of problems
Old 02-27-2014
Threadstarter  

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. My friend genuinely doesn't care if he ends up not being able to ever use eBay. All I could really find on the forum about this as far as problems were personal problems created between the people involved. I'll look around more though. What problems are you thinking might arise?
Old 02-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - the stealth guide addresses a lot of your basic questions.

As you learn stealth, avoid using your old cellphone - either flash it clean or set up shop on desktop/laptop - keep it simple for you to learn the process then apply it.
Old 02-27-2014
Threadstarter  

So if I do a factory reset on my cell then it's ok to use it? Can eBay or PayPal find out any other information about me via my cell, or is it only the IP and carrier?