Closed down 4+ years ago on eBay. Married with new last name.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Arrow Closed down 4+ years ago on eBay. Married with new last name..

Sorry if that title is silly but just wanted to get your attention out of all of these posts!

Well..I have a love-hate relationship with eBay as most of us do, huh?

When I was selling 4 years ago I was closed down for really..actually..no REAL good reason..I went from ZERO profits to about $10,000/week during the holiday season and apparently that spike in $$$ alerted them and they just shut me down.

I guess the holidays are too busy and..as they smugly told me..they don't need a reason..all they have to think is that I could be a risk. Nice, considering I had a 100% feedback rate with 1,000+ transcations.

Ok..done moping..Now there's an amazing dropship opportunity I have. I just got married and have a new last name..wondering if that will help. Only reason I am dying to do this is because I just had a baby. He just got home from NICU and this little newborn keeps me SO busy that I cannot do my typical phone sales job from home..haha..not with his 24/7 demands.

So..there you have it. Back when I was suspended, sellers were basically treated like crap and the buyer was always right. I've been shopping under there (never listed anything) for years now..since my suspension..I just noticed when I tried to reopen an account I'd think things were going well and within a week, I think, BAM..shut down.

I only have so many names/bank account (lol) so I'm wondering if you guys think there's any hope for me at this point?

The only reason I'm treading carefully is because I want to try to make this work the first time around and I don't want to be banned and then see them ban my husband's account if they connect our IPs (although he only shops on his)..

Thanks for all feedback in advance.

Oh..and Paypal screwed me, too..6 months account frozen..but that was eventually lifted..I was never permanently shut down out of Paypal..hoping that helps me in the long run.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2014

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Closed down 4+ years ago on eBay. Married with new last name..

Long story short, you want to get back into the game stealthing.

Read the guide, together with this forum, you will be set.

If you never used the current name combination, you should be fine to use it as long as the address has changed.
Old 03-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Lots of variables. The PayPal could be an issue. Good it was never permanently limited. However, even going back years they could still link you to any new eBay account. Would advise talking to some of the senior members on the site and getting the stealth guide so you understand what all eBay looks at. It is very complex.
Old 03-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetBunny View Post
Oh..and Paypal screwed me, too..6 months account frozen..but that was eventually lifted..I was never permanently shut down out of Paypal..hoping that helps me in the long run.
That paypal can never be used near a new/stealth ebay account.

I am going to be blunt because it will be wiser long term.

Make sure you deal with a trustworthy drop-shipper AND can devote time to the new baby. ebay and new baby may not mix. Avoid getting in pover your head chasing money.

Cover yourself or your future new account will have problems.

Good Luck

Old 03-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Our home address is still the same from 4 years ago..

I can also work on Amazon. Never done Amazon before but thinking I might want to go that route and avoid eBay altogether.

Gosh..I am so sick of eBay..Years ago I cried PRAYING for an alternative or competitor and I see there still are none .. When oh when? *sigh*
Old 03-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You can get new addresses by getting pobox or using address variations.

If you want to do Amazon - you must take time to appreciate the differences on the platforms. Post your questions
Old 03-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetBunny View Post
Our home address is still the same from 4 years ago..

I can also work on Amazon. Never done Amazon before but thinking I might want to go that route and avoid eBay altogether.

Gosh..I am so sick of eBay..Years ago I cried PRAYING for an alternative or competitor and I see there still are none .. When oh when? *sigh*
Far better to get another 'clean' address such as a P O Box.

Using the old address might flop.

Here's some advice from one girl to another...... stop the longing for an alternative to ebay. ( Yes, I would like one myself but...)

Find out how to do stealth so well YOU beat ebay.

Ask the other girls on here. We have a full time blast beating ebay ( & amazon & etsy)....

Come join us

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Landizzle (03-01-2014)