My Ebay selling account has just been restricted due to low DSR - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default My Ebay selling account has just been restricted due to low DSR

Hi , I've just had all my listings removed from Ebay and my seller account restricted due to low DSR ratings. My ratings are as follows
Transactions: 156
See your reports
Average detailed seller ratings Your average Low ratings
(1s and 2s)
Item as described 4.74 1.92% (3)
Communication 4.73 1.28% (2)
Dispatch time 4.52 3.21% (5)
Postage and packaging charges 4.47 3.85% (6)
Buyer protection cases Your percentage (count)
Closed cases without seller resolution 0.00% (0)

I mainly sell parts for vintage tape recorders , these tend to ship overseas.
I've also sold a few complete machines , these weigh around 100 kgs and need to be crated and shipped freight service.

I had a problem with a buyer in China who left me neg feedback that just said bad service.

He bought the and paid for the item the week leading upto Xmas , I then had to get it crated and shipped to China , obviously this took a couple of weeks due to the holiday period and the fact this was not a simple thing to pack and ship.

The buyer never contact me at all , I sent him two emails explaining the process of packing and shipping with estimated shipping timeframe , I then emailed him the full tracking info , I never had a single reply just neg feedback left after a few weeks had passed. I emailed Ebay and asked for the feedback to be revised as it was unfair in the circumstances but never got a reply from them.

Then I had another neg feedback from a buyer in Germany who had a UK delivery address , his item was shipped out the same day as payment made and delivered by UPS with full signature within 2 days , he claimed non receipt of item , I won the case but he left neg feedback which again I asked Ebay to remove but they didn't.

I also got a natural feedback from another German buyer , this was maliciously left for me as he only made payment after two weeks of purchase and after I opened a non payment dispute , I again asked Ebay to remove this in the circumstances but again they did nothing.

I always ship out same or next day on small items and I always charge the minimum price for shipping. I do not always use the Royal Mail as some of the parts are large and heavy and cannot be sent as small packets.

I do not make any money from my shipping charges and always keep the costs as low as possible for the buyer but I've had 6 buyers leave low DSR for p+p prices.
I've also had 5 low ratings for dispatch time , this really is not fair as I ship out all small items same or next day and only take extra time on the really large items , i.e the 100 kgs machines.

I feel that firstly the bad feedbacks I have received should have been removed by Ebay and the DSR scores associated with them removed and secondly that I do not deserve to be banned from selling.
What should I do ?

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-05-2014 at 03:23 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: My Ebay selling account has just been restricted due to low DSR

Maybe avoid international sales until you are sure of no more problematic buyers.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-05-2014 at 03:22 AM.