"Not approved to sell in this category" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-04-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default "Not approved to sell in this category"

A while back my main account received a 7 day suspension for Trademark Violation. After the seven days I got back onto my account and tried to begin selling again, but now every time I try to sell in the clothing category I get a message that says "Your account has not been approved to sell within the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories category." Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any suggestions as to how to handle this problem and possibly get it resolved?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2014

Default Re: "Not approved to sell in this category"

I got this message after getting a 7 days suspension (finishes within a few days, hopefully all is okay), and then received this one below 2 days later explaining that I cannot sell in category "X"* ever again. Here is a copy of the relevant message:

After review and careful consideration, we've taken the following action on your eBay account:
- Indefinitely restricted your account from listing in the "X"*. You won't be able to list items in this category any longer.
- Item listing(s) have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

This was messaged to me 2 days after the original 7 day suspension via the eBay message box & my email.

I'm pretty sure you cannot do anything about it, and will now stop using my account and focus on purchasing only. After getting this message I joined this forum to go stealth. It looks like if you get a trademark or copyright suspension of 7 days or more, then you're banned from ever selling those items again, or at least in the correct category.

*Category that I was banned from, but do not wish to share for safety reasons.

Last edited by xShevaa7x; 03-04-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2014

Longevity: 60%

Yes its happened to me in several categories. 4 that I can remember, sports memorabilia, Cell Phone accessories, Adult, e cigs, I just kept changing products until they finally kill the account. Seems a waste to let an account lay dormant because you lost 1 category. especially if it has high limits.
Old 03-04-2014

I'm going to wait until the 7 days has passed and then decide what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they just closed my account after the 7 days, even though it states it will be reinstated. They never said anything about banning it from certain categories in the original suspension, so I am expecting something else to happen. I will probably just sell miscellaneous items on it as the 200/items limit is nice amount.
Old 03-04-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ahhh, damn :( my account had a decently high limit and feedback score
Old 03-04-2014

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_ View Post
"Your account has not been approved to sell within the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories category." Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any suggestions as to how to handle this problem and possibly get it resolved?
My account was suspended for 8 months. I fought and got it back. I got it with an understanding that, I cannot list in one category.

It happens and to many people who fight to get back their accounts.
Zac_ (03-04-2014)
Old 03-06-2014

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_ View Post
A while back my main account received a 7 day suspension for Trademark Violation.
Surprised no one asked whether the original supposed Trademark Violation was actually warranted under the facts and law.

Many legitimate trademark holders use eBay's VeRO program as an illegitimate tool to quash the re-sale of their used goods.
Old 03-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Could be a delay in reinstatement too