Buyers not using the basket!! getting rinsed with paypal fees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Buyers not using the basket!! getting rinsed with paypal fees

Is there any way to get buyers to use the add items to basket button more often and pay for everything at once?

Paypal are eating my profits!!

Basically I sell low value items for around £3 each and i sell thousands a month, but when someone buys one item from me at £3 the paypal fee is £0.30, and some buyers are buying 4 items from me from the same multiple listing 4 different colours and paying for them all seperate one after another so I'm getting 4x 30p charge from PayPal compared to the ones who are adding all 4 items to the basket and paying for them all at once and me getting 1x £0.68p paypal fee. that's nearly half the paypal fees I would pay if they add to the basket and works out a lot when I'm selling 1000s each month.

Can anyone offer any advice? Feels like paypal are splitting my orders from each buyer into 4 quarters and charging me 4x instead of once for the whole order.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Buyers not using the basket!! getting rinsed with paypal fees

Hmm perhaps an idea is to indicate that in the listings? Please message seller if multiple units are desired for further instructions
Old 03-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler87 View Post
Is there any way to get buyers to use the add items to basket button more often and pay for everything at once?

Can anyone offer any advice? Feels like paypal are splitting my orders from each buyer into 4 quarters and charging me 4x instead of once for the whole order.
Tell buyers to NOT pay if they are making multiple buys. Wait for the invoice and discount shipping.
Old 03-06-2014

Longevity: 58%

Free shipping i would have though Greenie, so on that front OP you are losing out on 30p from paypal but gaining on delivery
Old 03-06-2014
Threadstarter  

I already offer free shipping, and the bonus of buyers buying more than one item is i make abit extra profit as i can ship all the items together for the same price, but then that gets took away when buyers pay seperatly and paypal charge me double,

It's a simple task just adding items all to basket and paying at once especially when all the items are being bought from the same listing but just different colours but for some reason half the buyers aren't doing it, how long have ebay had the option to add to basket is it new? I'm sure i only noticed it in the eBay app a few months ago. Hopefully that is the case and buyers will get use to using it over time.

Bet if this worked out in the sellers favour where buyers pay seperatly you end up paying less fees then paypal would already have the bots out to combine all orders in to one so you pay the right fees, but don't bat an eyelid when it's affecting our profits.

Think I'll just take rsot's advice and put a notice in my listing asking buyers to add to basket and pay at once, will just put that this will make sure all your order will be sent together and hopefully they will listen as it's a pain in the arse also when I print off the invoices aswell and I pack something then grab the next invoice to see it's from the same buyer.

'''Wasting my time and my money'''
Old 03-06-2014

Shipping large letter 2nd class is 69p, paypal fee is 30p, your not at loss your gaining. I would be happy with this
Old 03-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabay999 View Post
Shipping large letter 2nd class is 69p, paypal fee is 30p, your not at loss your gaining. I would be happy with this
Yeh of course I'm gaining, the way i set up in the first place i knew I would profit from buyers making multiple purchases, but I would be gaining even more if my buyers would use the basket and pay for everything at once,

it's about getting every penny you can... Especially the extra ones going to paypal.
Old 03-06-2014

Yes sure, I wonder though if they would ask for shipping reduction, I always have if i buy multiple items. You cant really refuse it, it would almost be asking for negatives
Old 03-06-2014
Threadstarter  

I've never been asked for shipping reduction before when offering free shipping, wether they buy 1 or 10 it's free delivery. My terms state that, and if they were to leave a neg for not giving them any money back then you can have it removed for them making unreasonable demands,