How does EBAY link with past suspended accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-11-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default How does EBAY link with past suspended accounts?

You guys are obvioiusly gurus

You say the only way that your accounts get thrown off is when ebay finds out somehow that they are linked.

I know you guys have 50 accounts between the 3 of you.

Why do you think ebay still sometimes links your accounts that you have rolling- if you are soo good at cleaning your tracks then how do they find you after 30-60 days?

How often do you guys get shut down.

Do you think it is possible to get to 20,000 feedback quickly with one of these 'special' accounts ever?

Lets beat this lousy ebay system.

side note- aspkin- I saw that you mentioned in your guide just to create a new email address to add to your old paypal account for a new ebay account.
---> does that still have weight or should the new ebayer really find a way to set up a new paypal account?

Anxious for your anwsers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

billbradsky, sometimes it can be as careless as accidentally logging into an old eBay account and then to your new account. It happens sometimes. Why does eBay ban you in the first place? Usually when you start eBaying again, after time you start going back to your old habits. That could be buying feedback, selling VeRO items, not sending your items, making customers mad. If you have an account going for a month, you're usually clear of eBay unless you do something stupid like the above.

And from what I've noticed I haven't seen any problem with adding emails to your Paypal account. Paypal and eBay don't link in this way... yet.
Old 07-11-2007

Longevity: 98%
Default Yes, I agree

I agree with both Aspkin and Modee... Stupid habits are hard to break or let go of.

What I do when an account is "caught" is delete the email adress and do not even think about it. Forget it let it die.

I got whacked by "linking" one of my accounts to paypal. It happened to be an old paypal account. My stupidity killed me on that one.

For the most part always clean up after yourself before going into your other accounts and you should be fine. Also, as Modee mentioned let the accounts mature as I say, there is no need to sign up and start playing (selling). Let those accounts breath for awhile, buy some stuff you want or need (not penny auctions) and let the feedback grow and then when that stupid "new member" icon disappears you can bring out your toys.

I also think you can get the accounts up to high feedback numbers but that is up to you as a seller whether or not you are there to make money or beat ebay.

Some like to create accounts and then see how high they get their fees without paying for it. Actually, Aspkin you should run a contest like that...LOL
Old 07-11-2007
Banned

AOL is God
Old 07-11-2007

Longevity: 99%

George, when you use AOL, is this the AOL software, or just the email? I have several aim accounts I could use, but the earlier scare over just what information AOL is sharing or willing to share with ebay made me lay off for a while with using that email to register.
Old 07-11-2007

Hi Jack, we are all referring to the aol 9.0 software. You simply need to create a free email account with them and then sign on as guest. This indirectly connects you to ebay through one of aol's proxy servers, therefore preventing them from seeing your i.p address and therefore preventing them from banning you :D
Old 07-11-2007
Banned

free aol.com email account not aim, aol.com email account is what you need to login to aol client.
Old 07-12-2007

I see. It's been so long since I used the AOL software, but I do recall it asked for you to create a new account or use existing user. Since I'm no longer using their service, how do you go about setting things up so you DON'T use their service, but just use their aol.com email?

Also, using this system, if you were to log on through the aol client, would ebay not be able to see what state or country you're really in but yet NOT red flag or suspend you? For instance if you set up your account in Canada, but you're really in Alaska. Or Florida, when you're in Hong Kong. This would be useful for setting up accounts to sell to foreign areas. You'd be surprised what that can do for sales!
Old 07-13-2007
Banned

I wouldn't use aol USA for logging into a non-usa eBay account especially one that is new. eBay might see it as suspicious.

All you need is aol.com email, login to the aol client as an existing user (using your existing internet connection)
Old 07-13-2007

But if you had the choice of creating an account based somewhere else without AOL vs With AOL, which do you think would have the greater chance of surviving? And would it be a better idea to go ahead and create the account without the proxy at first and then when you start using it, *use* the aol proxy or is it an all or nothing type of thing? The disadvantage I can see is that if you do use the aol proxy, you would be very limited on where you could post from, unless you loaded the aol software on each machine you were going to use. Personally I don't like that idea. AOL have some very virus like features to its software.
Old 07-13-2007
Banned

Im just going to stick to what works. Having the aol client keeps all my regular online doings completely separate from eBay. Theres no disadvantage that you wouldn't have with any other ip. Actually AOL might be better since if you login to your eBay account from a different state and you aren't using aol the ip will be a big difference. Its good to stay consistent. If I don't have access to aol i'll just load up eBay on the iphone. eBay will see at&t wireless customer and Im sure it will be fine.
Old 07-13-2007

How do you like your iphone George? I usually wait a while on any new piece of tech for them to work out the bugs and so forth. But I have been looking for a valid alternative to phone connection to the internet. Previously the connection was too slow and less than reliable. Has that been corrected with the iphone?

Also, next week I'll be at an educational campus for a few days. Would that probably be a good place or bad to open a new account? I'll be using both a private computer and likely the library. What's been the general consensus on library activity? I highly doubt it will have aol on that computer as I'll be limited to whatever the educational campus has pre-installed. So I may have to wait to try that, but it might be a good spot to open a new account at least?
Old 07-14-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
How do you like your iphone George? I usually wait a while on any new piece of tech for them to work out the bugs and so forth. But I have been looking for a valid alternative to phone connection to the internet. Previously the connection was too slow and less than reliable. Has that been corrected with the iphone?

Also, next week I'll be at an educational campus for a few days. Would that probably be a good place or bad to open a new account? I'll be using both a private computer and likely the library. What's been the general consensus on library activity? I highly doubt it will have aol on that computer as I'll be limited to whatever the educational campus has pre-installed. So I may have to wait to try that, but it might be a good spot to open a new account at least?
I love the iphone! So useful for long car trips. This last trip I could never find a free wifi spot, so it has been very useful. Just pull it out every free minute and do my thing. Its an all in one phone! and its so sexy too

I dont see anything wrong with opening up an account on a campus. I havent heard any negative stories about it either.
Old 07-15-2007

Longevity: 98%

Am I right in assuming from jonathonmr piece that ir ur on aol dial up with a proxy server u dont have to worry about aol giving ebay ur main email address during registration? Therefore, if on aol dial up u dont need to take special measures described?