Limited legit Paypal acct - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-11-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Limited legit Paypal acct

First off, awesome forum tons of good information.

After my original ebay account was suspended last year, a secondary account was created with use of a parents info. Bank account is legit, address legit, ssn legit, mobile # legit; the only thing not 100% legit is a letter in his last name.

I sold small stuff for a couple months with no issues to get some feedback/history. I didn't have any issues until about the 3rd month when I moved to NY and tried to add my new address/cc to the account. I added the address fine and confirmed with a fresh visa linked here. The visa is in my name (same last name as his just again, one letter off) and my address here. After adding the addy/card I tried to have the item shipped here and the transaction declined (using $ from my PP account). I logged in PP and it immediately asked to confirm the mobile # on file (google voice # forwarding to my cell). Not knowing, I attempted to have them text/call the # with no avail. I called PP and the girl on the phone had me delete the phone# on file and re-add it to have it try to verify again.

While trying this (literally on the phone with her), the account became limited. She then transferred me to someone else who started requesting proof of identity (ss card copy, license, etc.).

I'm not sure if it was the inability to confirm with the phone, the slight difference in last name (i.e. Hanson vs Hansen) or the address change that triggered it but I just left it after getting tied up with other stuff.

This was 5 months or so ago. I'm looking to get the acct back up and running. The ebay account is fine but the PP acct is still limited.

When I logged on to PP yesterday it asked me to confirm the phone $ again then went to the limited screen on my account overview. What would you guys suggest the best plan to get it back up? Last thing they asked for was a copy of ss card or license, neither of which I have. Would having them correct the last name error then trying to reconfirm with a forwarded land line be the best way?

Thanks

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-14-2014 at 10:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Limited legit Paypal acct

At this point if they are asking for SSN, ID....there is nothing you can do. Suggest you start off with new Ebay/Paypal account.
Old 03-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the quick reply. So I guess calling and having them change the name to the correct name that matches the SSN wouldn't have any luck in verifying? Or maybe confirming the phone # the next time I log in unflag it if it goes through ok?

Also will the funds in the acct typically be released after a certain amount of time in this case, or are these frozen forever?

Thanks agian
Old 03-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Ok so I just talked to my dad and apparently had the wrong SSN the entire time, so I'm pretty sure at this point that was the cause the whole time.

Which way should I go with it at this point? I made the small typographical error change on PPs website but haven't tried changing the SSN yet.

Should I even try to change the SSN to the correct one and everything should match up or start from scratch (and if from scratch, use the real ssn and name or am I stuck going completely stealth at this point?)
Old 03-14-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Based on experienceS, they won't unlimit your account. Even if they do, you have to thread very carefully.

Honestly going Stealth is one of the best things that ever happen to me and lots of people in here.

It's an honest tool to have and it'll teach you a lot of other things you may not even know.

Nothing wrong to keep yourself covered from all ends. If you want to get the stealth guide, you can click on the link in my signature.
Old 03-15-2014

Longevity: 59%

Ditch that old account and start again.
Old 03-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelotudo View Post
Ok so I just talked to my dad and apparently had the wrong SSN the entire time, so I'm pretty sure at this point that was the cause the whole time.

Which way should I go with it at this point? I made the small typographical error change on PPs website but haven't tried changing the SSN yet.

Should I even try to change the SSN to the correct one and everything should match up or start from scratch (and if from scratch, use the real ssn and name or am I stuck going completely stealth at this point?)
1. Get the stealth guide - read it.

2. Search up 'SSN' on the forums.

3. This account is messy - I wouldnt play with it.

4. Big TIP: If you operate an account well it is POSSIBLE to avoid having to be asked SSN...ever - make few accounts and spread sales.

Are you selling risky items?
Old 03-16-2014

Longevity: 67%

Paypal is increasing restriction includes names, address,... So they're requiring ID verification more than ever.
I have a tiny question, are they allowing you to upload your documents or the limitation cannot be appealed ?
Old 03-16-2014

Longevity: 58%

My personal PP account has been limited in the past, and uploading documents has always cleared it up. One time I called and the lady did it right then and there ( I hit F5 and it was gone! ) They are dicks about it though, and I've been limited 3x in 1 month, requesting the SAME documents over and over ( Photo ID, SSN, Bill ) when I had 0 problems on eBay.

Granted, this was BEFORE I read into stealth, and BEFORE I had alternative accounts. Now that account just sits there, doing nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Salvo For This Useful Post:
Lolitax (03-24-2014)
Old 03-18-2014

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
My personal PP account has been limited in the past, and uploading documents has always cleared it up. One time I called and the lady did it right then and there ( I hit F5 and it was gone! ) They are dicks about it though, and I've been limited 3x in 1 month, requesting the SAME documents over and over ( Photo ID, SSN, Bill ) when I had 0 problems on eBay.

Granted, this was BEFORE I read into stealth, and BEFORE I had alternative accounts. Now that account just sits there, doing nothing.
yeah agree with you. They're dicks about applying limitation on users' account. I uploaded my legit Photo ID to appeal my legit account but they didn't answer me even 1 word!