What to do after "MC999 Your eBay selling privileges have been restricted"? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-18-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default What to do after "MC999 Your eBay selling privileges have been restricted"?

What exactly does this mean in regards to the future of my account?

"
Hello,

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated an eBay policy. As a result, we've taken the following actions on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items for 7 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

During this restriction you can still:
- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

Please be sure to manage any current listings and to complete any open transactions. After 7 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, keep in mind that any additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account. Once eBay suspends an account, the member no longer has any account access. In addition, all active listings are canceled, and members who placed bids on those listings are notified.
"

After receiving this email, I read hundreds of stories of people's accounts being suspended for no reason. Why exactly was mine suspended? I did receive 1 negative feedback (received 13+ positive feedback for the same type of item though), could that be why? I'm not sure as it is my first negative feedback caused by the buyer thinking they overbid and the fact that 1/8 of their feedback left is negative.

Is there anything special I need to do in order to reinstate my account, or does it just come back on its own? Is there a way to restrict bids and purchases from buyers who repeatedly leaves unnecessary negative feedback? Is it best to start over with a new account/store (same PayPal and everything, so yes it complies with eBay's rules) in order to avoid being targeted by random competitors or jealous rivals? Just need some help on what to do in order to not get completely messed over by eBay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: What to do after "MC999 Your eBay selling privileges have been restricted"?

No, don't use it for 7 days then let it cool down completely for several weeks if not months. I don't know what you are selling, but you may want to consider that as the cause and not sell it again.

THe only safe thing to do right now is to grab some stealth accounts and use them.
Old 03-18-2014

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: What to do after "MC999 Your eBay selling privileges have been restricted"?

3 months lay off the risky stuff
Old 03-18-2014

Longevity: 59%

Under no circumstances, list the same product that got you this 7 day restriction...even months from now, it'll get you booted. As far as I'm concerned, that product (or line) is now dead, as far as being sold on that account goes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
aesir911 (04-03-2014), Sandy D (03-18-2014)
Old 04-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

So I had my account restored for a little less than a week. Then they sent me another message and closed it for 3 days because it was listed in the incorrect category. The weird thing is... they were not. The category they want me to list them under are incorrect. After 2 hours of talking to a dozen different automated eBay employees, I finally reached a real human who said that they shouldn't have taken it down and that I was right. They searched and saw that thousands of other sellers were listing the same items in the same category. Unfortunately after that, I was transferred to another automated drone eBay employee and it started all over again. Is there any possible way to contact eBay in a way that will allow me to list them under the correct category? Not only does it hurt the search results for my items, I'm also afraid that more listings will be taken down because the category they told me to put it under is incorrect. Any suggestions?