Paypal Premiere Accounts to be Removed / Terminated - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal Premiere Accounts to be Removed / Terminated

Just a small FYI to everyone. This is direct inside info from a Paypal rep.

If you have a Premiere account, remove your funds ASAP.
Expect for it to get limited sooner or later, most likely sooner.
Paypal is making a changeover to Personal / Business accounts only. All Premiere accounts will be removed / terminated, regardless of legitimacy or history.
Paypal is planning to "remove" Premiere accounts, YOU WILL NOT BE DOWNGRADED OR UPGRADED; YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE LIMITED WITHOUT NOTICE.

I just lost $1750 in combined accounts with Premiere status this morning. No links, no limitation notifications.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-26-2014 at 06:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to exxomscp For This Useful Post:
Lolitax (03-26-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%
Default Re: Paypal Premiere Accounts to be Removed / Terminated

I'm willing to bet the Paypal rep you spoke to is an utter dumbass.
If Paypal delete all Premier accounts for no particular reason, that means they will lost over half of their customers.
I'm almost too certain that your accounts were limited for alternative reasons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
Ebayorbust (03-26-2014), yankee (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
I'm willing to bet the Paypal rep you spoke to is an utter dumbass.
If Paypal delete all Premier accounts for no particular reason, that means they will lost over half of their customers.
I'm almost too certain that your accounts were limited for alternative reasons.
Straight from a rep's mouth.

"Premier accounts are being REMOVED." That is quote unquote from the intel I received a couple days ago. I didn't think removed would mean limited, but I found it very suspicious I did not receive ANY notice on these limitations whatsoever. They are only Premier accounts.

We all know eBay / Paypal does some really dumb stuff, this is just another thing down the line.. They could care less about their customers at this point.

Last edited by exxomscp; 03-26-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

LOL, Unless this Rep is your Wife/Husband, Sibling, Family Member, Lover.....It sounds like a lot of Hot Air, I would be very careful posting this type of thread in the forum. Unless your 100% sure I would think twice before posting.
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
Straight from a rep's mouth.
And I'm telling you this rep is mentally challenged.
Old 03-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
LOL, Unless this Rep is your Wife/Husband, Sibling, Family Member, Lover.....It sounds like a lot of Hot Air, I would be very careful posting this type of thread in the forum. Unless your 100% sure I would think twice before posting.
Not related to me. Checked only twice (2 seperate reps saying the same thing). Trying to get a third confirmation now, but may take some time.. In my experience asking over the phone as well, they won't deny it.

Last edited by exxomscp; 03-26-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Just think about it, that would be a major company collapse, if they just shut down all premier accounts , are u serious about this, I'm not sure of the numbers but I'll bet it's a huge percentage that have premier accounts enough that if paypal eliminated them the stock would just stop trading.

I could see maybe renaming it or something but there is no way that for no reason they are now shutting down half the company and freezing all funds, COME ON REALLY!,

U can get a 3rd 4th and 5 th confirmation and it still will never happen
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

ebay is proud to have cut out 14,000 sellers in the month of august,2013 with a large portion being top 1% sellers, so who knows the logic to paypal or ebay, but it does not make any sense that they would shut down any good accounts on the paypal side because of account type, but maybe force to move in line with a business account, etc...

Have a rep say inaccurate things from both paypal or ebay is common place. Having blatant utter lies and/or stupidity is pretty common as well. Unless it came from "Top Customer Care" and you know the persons voice, name and what office they are working out of(meaning you talk to them regularly and are in that realm of business with paypal) i would take anything verbally stated and even in a direct email with a complete grain of salt.
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Anything via word has no hold - is it in WRITING?
Old 03-26-2014

Longevity: 59%

It could be true. eBay kills accounts by the tens of thousands. There is no method to madness.
Old 03-26-2014

Longevity: 64%

I as dumb as they come and I know better than to believe anything like this. I am not going to even try to explain it's so obvious.
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post

I just lost $1750 in combined accounts with Premiere status this morning. No links, no limitation notifications.
Expand on that further.

Define what happened.

I have US Premier accounts all nice and active today....

Hope not to have scary stuff without proof.

Old 04-03-2014

Longevity: 63%

Alright ladies and gents, I have just tried to create more stealth accounts and realized that when clicking the "upgrade" option on paypal it will only bring up business account...no more premiere option. So to some sense OP is correct. Now as to whether paypal will limit all premiere accounts, I have doubts as that will bring down the company as a whole. That being said my eyes and mind are open... being ignorant will only bring trouble. So if any of you guys have the same experience please let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimmejaw For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (04-04-2014), Lolitax (04-03-2014)
Old 04-03-2014

I suspect paypal will just push new accounts to be either personal or Business from now on. We might be seeing the end of premiere accounts "creations"....hopefully not the genocide of all past premiere users.
Old 04-03-2014

Premier accounts are confusing to make recently. I just did one 2 days ago and I had to follow the business account after I realized there just was not another option. I followed it until it started to ask those pesky business questions. Can't remember exactly what the question was but I stopped, back out and when I checked the account had been made premier because I could now get immediate payment for BIN payments. It was a whole different story trying to find the logo. I could not find it. All the logos on their new logo page were not premier. I am thinking they are about to change something if they don't want to provide the logo. I did get it from an older account that shows the feature.
Old 04-03-2014

I have experienced that as well from 1-2 days ago when upgrading 3 more paypal accounts. Once you start answering the business questions your account is pretty much a business account. I feel paypal is currently in a transition and will or already have changed their policy as I have gotten emails about "paypal policy updates" a few weeks back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grimmejaw For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (04-04-2014)
Old 04-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmejaw View Post
I have experienced that as well from 1-2 days ago when upgrading 3 more paypal accounts. Once you start answering the business questions your account is pretty much a business account. I feel paypal is currently in a transition and will or already have changed their policy as I have gotten emails about "paypal policy updates" a few weeks back.
Thank you. thank you, thank you, Grimm ^^^^^^ Now I know I'm not that crazy. LOL I kept going back and forth. Always the fear I ignited some type of investigation or aroused suspicion for pp to look at me. I hope account sellers are aware and making adjustments?
Old 04-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
Thank you. thank you, thank you, Grimm ^^^^^^ Now I know I'm not that crazy. LOL I kept going back and forth. Always the fear I ignited some type of investigation or aroused suspicion for pp to look at me. I hope account sellers are aware and making adjustments?
With the 1099k laws in the U.S. it does not surprise me at all you gotta go either Personal or Business. However, I doubt they will just start purging premier accounts. More likely they will be continuing what they have been doing. Limiting US accounts when they get close to 200 payments received or 20k in payments.
Old 04-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmejaw View Post
I suspect paypal will just push new accounts to be either personal or Business from now on. We might be seeing the end of premiere accounts "creations"....hopefully not the genocide of all past premiere users.
We will see what happens - PP is a bit resistant to change - they score some nice fees from premier accounts
Old 04-04-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
Joe
What adjustments?

Speaking for myself I only make personal paypal accounts for members.
This gives you the buyer the choice of staying personal or moving onto business accounts.

I never used premier myself on any account sold to anyone.

I like giving buyer choices, leave it as personal or change to business or premier which we all now see is going away.

Not a big deal.

It is slimming down their business so to speak.

Either you are doing this as a hobby or a business period.

Turning an account into a business account is not hard at all.

Now a word of warning, do not turn your new accounts into business accounts right away as you will at random get far more then the normal business questions. Let the account age, get some history etc before turning them into business accounts.

Do not panic folks. From what I see and the info provided above, Paypal is just getting rid of the premier accounts.
Old 04-04-2014

I don't know anything about business accounts. The only reason I do premier is to have instant payment on BIN. It's bad enough with auctions getting buyers to pay. Used to be able to make premier just by clicking on it and then you could use the verified seal.
Old 04-04-2014

Longevity: 69%

So you wont be able to use instant payment on BIN unless you have a business account? That was the sole reason for going premier!