Could money traffic lead to problems? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Could money traffic lead to problems?

Hello,

So I planning on using a fairly new stealth paypal account with the regular vvc verification just as a account for other online sales (no ebay/amazon). I will also take all precautions possible. However, I am expecting transfers coming in at about 3000-5000$/day and I will withdraw through oversea purchases.

Do you have any ideas what I should pay attention too? Is this a stupid idea?

Thanks for all feedback!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Could money traffic lead to problems?

You must start paying attention to the limitations paypal are going to slam down on your account.

Too much money as in the amounts you mention will flag the account.

It does not matter that the transactions are off ebay.

paypal will see high risks and react.

Old 04-05-2014
Threadstarter  

so lets say someone sends me 1800$, i will immediately have the risk that they freeze my account or limit it?

also, what are the common limits? how much per month?
Old 04-05-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonosy View Post
so lets say someone sends me 1800$, i will immediately have the risk that they freeze my account or limit it?

also, what are the common limits? how much per month?
It is possible to withdraw $1800 after letting it sit for a little bit (on a 1 month old account, which is relatively new), given your verified and you have a card with a confirmed address attached. This is only speaking from my experience within' the US. If you move any more through the same account (anything above $2K at once), expect it to be limited though.

Limitations depends on various factors. I'm guessing your location would be a risk in this case as well.

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
Limitations depends on various factors. I'm guessing your location would be a risk in this case as well.
i will be using VPN with unique non-changing ip + mac address

so its a good idea to split up transfers, e.g. make a 1800$ transfer -> 2x 900$?!

so if i let the money sit in the account for 2-4 weeks that should help me as well?

since my profit margin is quiet high, i can afford to "lose" a decent amount of accounts, but i cant afford having my funds frozen.
Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Still in the area of dangerous and flaggable by paypal.

Could you not consider a VPS?

Old 04-05-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
i will be using VPN with unique non-changing ip + mac address

so its a good idea to split up transfers, e.g. make a 1800$ transfer -> 2x 900$?!

so if i let the money sit in the account for 2-4 weeks that should help me as well?

since my profit margin is quiet high, i can afford to "lose" a decent amount of accounts, but i cant afford having my funds frozen.
VPNs are a nono, mostly because they're blacklisted and kind of suspicious; you'd really have to know what your getting into. VPS rental (with remote access + with a Static IP) within' the US will probably work, but I have DSL so I just reset my modem for a new IP.

I have called up Paypal prior to transfer to ask if it's "OK to transfer this amount," and have had success even with the full amount at times. If you want to take extra precautions, you can split the transfer. I usually would withdraw in 500, 700 increments. You can try withdrawing the entire amount probably within' a week or a few days after it has officially cleared in your balance. I honestly wouldn't let it sit longer than that...

Also may depend on the item that is sold or where you're getting your funds from, another factor. In my experience, this has ranged from linking exact type of items to even if the buyer has had a previous negative experience elsewhere. Depends, but as I've said, I know I've been able to do it before on some occasions. Maybe it's luck, but it's worth a try?

Last edited by exxomscp; 04-05-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
VPNs are a nono, mostly because they're blacklisted and kind of suspicious; you'd really have to know what your getting into. VPS rental (with remote access + with a Static IP) within' the US will probably work, but I have DSL so I just reset my modem for a new IP.

I have called up Paypal prior to transfer to ask if it's "OK to transfer this amount," and have had success even with the full amount at times. If you want to take extra precautions, you can split the transfer. I usually would withdraw in 500, 700 increments. You can try withdrawing the entire amount probably within' a week or a few days after it has officially cleared in your balance. I honestly wouldn't let it sit longer than that...

Also may depend on the item that is sold or where you're getting your funds from, another factor. In my experience, this has ranged from linking exact type of items to even if the buyer has had a previous negative experience elsewhere. Depends, but as I've said, I know I've been able to do it before on some occasions. Maybe it's luck, but it's worth a try?
Oh yeah sorry I meant VPS. Thanks for your tips! I really appreciate it.
Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
However, I am expecting transfers coming in at about 3000-5000$/day and I will withdraw through oversea purchases.
wot...