Limitiations on relative new accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Limitiations on relative new accounts

Hello , I wanted to ask if anyone knows how much time needs to wait before receiving money to a stealth account without it being limited .

For example yesterday i received about 80USD to a Stealth account that created 2.5 month ago , And still after money being received PayPal put the money on hold for 7-21 days and instructed me to mark it as in process \ shipped later to lift the limitation and release the money because i cannot use it now .

Also i have noticed that to avoid further limitation in the future they recommend me to not receive more payments in the next 60 days from my last payment , as well as avoid disputes and complaints in that period of time .

Do you know if for example an account that 'sit' without being used for 3 or 4 or 5 month will not get those limitation ?
Or is it permanent ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Limitiations on relative new accounts

Your payment was only put on hold because your account is new.
Your account may be 2.5 months old but it doesn't matter.
You need to earn trust with paypal and eventually it will get removed, but can appear again any time.
So if you ship your item and mark it as dispatched/mailed on ebay/paypal it will reduce the 21 day down to less days. If you add a tracking number to ebay/paypal it will make it even less days to wait.

I have NO idea where you got this message that you should not receive payments for another 60 days on your account. It does not make sense why they would even tell you that?
Accounts can get limited at ANY time for anything when it comes to paypal. So no it will not make a difference if you left the account for 3,4 or 5 months doing nothing.
Old 04-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Hello , First thanks for your reply .
As for the time of 2.5 month , I mentioned it because last year i opened an account and it was unused for 6 month , and after that i start using it without any limitations , or any funds being held at all , so i don't know if those limitations are a time issue , Or some new policy that PayPal trying to implement this year (2014) .
Anyway , As for the other messages i got , I attached a picture for you to see , Please have a look .
Best regards
David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Funds Availability.jpg (49.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanks for the picture but that is to do with the reasons they holding the funds in your account. It is not a limitation.

They will reduce the 21 day holds after you have sold to 10 different buyers and have no problems with the transactions but 60 days has to pass in order for this to take effect.

So in other words for the next 60 days (from the day you received your first payment) you will have these holds.

It doesn't say anywhere they you have a limitation or that you cannot receive funds for the next 60 days.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-08-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Hi Again , When i said limitation i meant that they put some kind of limitations on my account (i mean holding funds to 21 days , telling me to wait 60 days from my first payment , etc) are eventually limitations , Although they are temporary limitations and not permanent like we know when they close an account for good ..

Anyway , I wanted to ask you about the 60 days issue , You think that i can still accept money to this account ?
What will be the consequences ? Same as now or worse ?
Because if you look in the picture they wrote
'Wait 60 days from your first payment'
And one more question , do you know if those 'temporary limitations' funds holds limitations are related to new policy that pay-pal implement on every account no matter how much time he was unused ?

Because again , last year i had an account that opened in 06/2013 not been used until new year (about 6 month later) and i receiving endless payments to this account without CC verifications or without any funds holds...

Thanks for your help
Regards
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

No you dont wait 60 days for your first payment.
You wait up to 21 days ( depending it you added a tracking number & marked as dispatched)

What it means as for the next 60 days, each payment you receive will be on hold for 21 days.
For the holds to stop on your account you have to sell 10 items to 10 different people and 60 days has to pass by ( 60 days from when your first payment was received)
and have no cases or bad feedback.

Your account is fine, this is normal for new seller account. It is put in place to stop possible fraud.
Old 04-07-2014

Longevity: 86%

Any in payment to your PP account can be put "under review" for any reason PP deems necessary. It has no apparent bearing on the amount or the age of the account.

Even members with long standing accounts can have this happen!

I have had my Paypal account 13 years yet I still occasionally have an in payment placed "under review" and told by Paypal not to send the goods. The amounts are not necessarily high ones. I once had a $5 EB transaction placed under review! I also recently had one from S Korea take 24 hours to "process" before Paypal said I could send the goods. I assume the buyer had used her credit card via Paypal and it took this long to process.

So I would not get too paranoid about it. It happens with non stealth accounts too.
Old 04-07-2014
Threadstarter  

So you recommend me to wait 21 days or until PayPal will release my payment before accepting another payments ?
What if i will not wait ? do you know what could be the consequences ?

And this first payment was 80USD , What if will accept first payment of 950USD to a stealth account , which is the first time of that account receiving payment , does 950USD could risk that account ?
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

It is of course VERY risky receiving $950 on a new selling account.
I would keep selling to earn a good reputation with ebay otherwise if you
leave it, the 21 day payment holds may come back when you sell again after 60 days.
You do not have a choice to wait or not. Unless you refund the buyer which does not look good on your account.
Just keep selling and add tracking numbers to your ebay account when selling and mail items out fast and you might get it removed sooner.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-08-2014 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-07-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

950.00 USD into a new account is a kiss of death 99.9% of the time.
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
So you recommend me to wait 21 days or until PayPal will release my payment before accepting another payments ?
What if i will not wait ? do you know what could be the consequences ?

And this first payment was 80USD , What if will accept first payment of 950USD to a stealth account , which is the first time of that account receiving payment , does 950USD could risk that account ?

An large amount like that flags the account quickly.

Question: do you mean a relativeLY new account or a new account belonging to a relative or both?

Again, since we are repeating ourselves.... you need to go slowly with whatever transactions you make UNTIL paypal decideds you are worthy of trust.

Good Luck

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-08-2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Hello guys , Greenbeen , I meant relatively new account , about 2 month old , 2.5 to be accurate .
So 950USD will limit this account for good ?
How about 700USD ? 650USD does this amounts also problematic ? Or let me ask what do you think , In your opinion , from your experience is the maximum amount i can accept to a relatively new account without it get closed or get limited by paypal ?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

All of those amounts are enough to get new accounts flagged.

paypal will flag the account until it perceives little risk exists.

Many factors are involved.

Old 04-15-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

In my experience using the pp balance to some reputable sites help lessen the chance of pp getting limited. I hope it helps.