MC999 category restriction - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 04-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default MC999 category restriction

Hi guys,I really need your opinion here.

A while ago I received a MC999 with 7 days restriction (trademark violation),then two days later got restricted indefinitely...

After review and careful consideration, we've taken the following action on your eBay account:
- Indefinitely restricted your account from listing in the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories category. You won't be able to list items in this category any longer.
- Item listing(s) have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

We felt it was necessary to take this action to keep eBay safe. However, you can still list and sell items in other categories.

When we review an account for category restriction, we consider many things, including:
- How much history the seller has selling in this category
- Positive selling Feedback the seller has received for sales in this category
- Any Feedback that questions the authenticity of the items
- Unresolved disputes with buyers for these items
- Whether the seller has followed eBay policies in the past
- Previous account suspensions
- The current status of the seller's account
- Any supplier information that can't be verified

It's important that you understand that you're restricted from listing any items in this category with any eBay account. Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell these items on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

Going forward, we encourage you to continue to build a positive selling history on eBay and to follow all eBay policies. To learn more about eBay policies and rules for listings, go to:
Rules for listings

Here are the listings we removed:

We appreciate your understanding.

However they did not remove any of my listings (not complaning),just restricted of listing new ones.

Now the questions is what do I do?Shall I wait and ask to lift restriction or stealth is the only way?
I do sell Vero items,however to my best knowledge they are not phakes as I buy from reputable veryfied uk suppliers.Have al the invoices and ebay saw few of them when they asked at the very beginning when I call for limit rase (a year ago).I am powerseller with 2500 items £52500 limit,if that counts towards anything.Dont have any intentions to sell phakes and I take this as a job around my kids.
Could I try speak to ebay and maybe providing all invoices would help?
Any advise is appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: MC999 category restriction

Right at the moment, ebay UK is cracking down on your category.

It's a grey area what you are selling. With this type of restriction, it would be rare for ebay to reconsider and allow full selling rights again

Old 04-06-2014

Longevity: 66%

What is your feedback score? If you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-06-2014

Longevity: 58%

I really don't see the problem if legit invoices are shown, I really dont understand why they don't reconsider

But we are talking of ebay here

Get some Stealth's and work slow
Old 04-06-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Have you received low DSR s or bad comments recently , and have had un resolved cases?

Just asking because that was a reason listed although they also listed limited selling history and feedback but you said you been selling for a year in that category with a decent amount of feedback so that can't be the problem

My guess you may have recently had a couple feed backs or cases questioning the authenticity of the item

Even if u have a nice feedback if you receive a couple authenticity problems even 2 that are within a short time frame than this can lead to a category restriction

EBay rather not risk it
Old 04-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You may need to Speak DIRECTLY to the Manufacturer,,,NOT Your Supplier, or Ebay,,,the item may indeed be authentic, but, the manufacturer may not want it sold on Ebay, or may require that you must be approved to sell their products on Ebay. Once you get the FACTS about that, If you are allowed to sell, THEN, CALL, NOT E-Mail or "Chat" Ebay and tell them what the MANUFACTURE Said, and ask them what proof they require to remove their restriction on your account,,

I am willing to bet that you will find that the manufacturer is really behind the whole thing, NOT ebay
Heisenberg1 (04-07-2014)
Old 04-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

- definitely communicate with eB but WITH proof of your merchandise - be professional
Be aware that eB has been known to further restrict accounts - vero selling is always risky

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-06-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much for so many responses.

I have 660 positive against 2 negative.First negative is left a year ago complaining about cut out label and possible non authenticity.Cut out labels were mentioned in description three times and ebay saw copy invoices regarding the sources of a product.They were satisfied and I had no further problems.Second negative came three months ago,its regarding authenticity,but again I have copy invoices from reputable uk supplier which I offered to see when replying to negative feedback.Then two and half months later first 7 days restriction and two days later indefinite restriction.98 percent of my stock is vero items and i had many many happy customers and good feebacks,if any of them were phake I guess I had more than 2 negatives.
No unresolved cases.I offer returns and full refunds to keep my customers happy.
No low DRS lately,my score is 99.7 I guess because of those two negatives in 12 month time.

I was really surprised that they restricted the category,but left all the listings alive?
Not that I am complaining,it helps me sell what I have left,but it doesn't then make any sense? Or does it?

I was thinking stealth long time ago,as I knew from this forum that such day will come sometime.Is it very difficult?
I am soon will go onto having another baby,so I thought to create a few accounts and let it grow and mature while its early days to work.After few months passes I will have few aged accounts to work with (only if all done correctly ) But I was sort of hoping that eb will change their mind regarding the restriction...

Last edited by daliai79; 04-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2014
Threadstarter  

This is the MC999 7 days restrction message that I received:

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following actions:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list or revise items for 7 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

The listing that was removed appeared to violate eBay policy or a rights owner's trademark. Please remember that you are responsible for the quality and authenticity of the products that you offer on eBay. It is against eBay policy to list any counterfeit items.

For more information please see our Replica, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy:
Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorised copies policy

- Past violations of policy - After careful consideration, your listing has been removed because it didn?t comply with our policies. We received a report concerning the authenticity of your item.These reports can come from a number of channels, for example law enforcement.This removal was for your safety and the safety of the eBay community, so please do not relist your item.Relisting your item may result in the restriction of your account.

During this restriction you can still:
- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

After 7 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

If you have additional questions, contact our policy experts.
http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cus
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

It is VERY clear that Ebay is Convinced that you are selling China Specials, Unless you can get help from the Manufacturer to convince them otherwise, you can Kiss that catagory goodby, it may be time for a new account
Old 04-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks!

China specials :D lol

Would you have any idea which department I should be contacting?
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliai79 View Post
This is the MC999 7 days restrction message that I received:

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following actions:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list or revise items for 7 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

The listing that was removed appeared to violate eBay policy or a rights owner's trademark. Please remember that you are responsible for the quality and authenticity of the products that you offer on eBay. It is against eBay policy to list any counterfeit items.

For more information please see our Replica, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy:
Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorised copies policy

- Past violations of policy - After careful consideration, your listing has been removed because it didn?t comply with our policies. We received a report concerning the authenticity of your item.These reports can come from a number of channels, for example law enforcement.This removal was for your safety and the safety of the eBay community, so please do not relist your item.Relisting your item may result in the restriction of your account.

During this restriction you can still:
- Send email
- Obtain shipping addresses
- Leave Feedback
- Perform other administrative tasks

After 7 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

If you have additional questions, contact our policy experts.
http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cus
Looks like your selling restriction will be lifted after 7 days but highly unlikely you will be able to list the items again as the same thing will happen until you sort it out.
Old 04-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Bunneh,thats the first message that I received.2 days later I had another MC999 saying that I cant sell in this category anymore.
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Bunneh,thats the first message that I received.2 days later I had another MC999 saying that I cant sell in this category anymore.
Yes someone doesnt want to you to sell that product. which is why i said you can sell in 7 days but not in that category. If you try you will get a permanent suspension, so you need to either fight for your account and do what Slapped says or list different items in different categories.
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks!

China specials :D lol

Would you have any idea which department I should be contacting?
If you are asking about which department for the manufacturer, I would think it would be the Sales Dept, If you Mean Ebay, most likely Trust and Saftey
daliai79 (04-08-2014)
Old 04-13-2014

Longevity: 65%

You are best to setup more accounts, I would remove your current listing also, as you may get hit with further MC999 and account getting closed. You currently have great selling limits. So dont get it closed, look long term not short term. You are lucky to have found aspkin before your account is closed. Ask a lot of the members on here about there first powerseller account.